• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Got my 2 foot WBC XLR cables last night. Pretty happy with them so far. One thing that I noted is that there is no left-right indicator with the cable pair. "Solved" with white and red cable ties around the XLR barrels.

81HvuVC0GeS._SL1500_.jpg
One problem with these cables surfaced today. When swapping these for my trusty old amplifier cables (I forgot which brand) with Neutrik balanced plugs, the WWC Amphenol plugs do not have a locking hole on the male end. That means they will pull out much more easily under tension than the old cables.

Something to watch for when buying balanced cables, even with a recognized brand.

Edit: Corrected that it was the male end lacking the locking hole, not the female end.

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
One problem with these cables surfaced today. When swapping these for my trusty old amplifier cables (I forgot which brand) with Neutrik balanced plugs, the WWC Amphenol plugs do not have a locking hole on the female end. That means they will pull out much more easily under tension than the old cables.

Something to watch for when buying balanced cables, even with a recognized brand.
The pictures show them. I might need to look for certain, but I think mine have the locking ends. Or do mean male end?

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The pictures show them. I might need to look for certain, but I think mine have the locking ends. Or do mean male end?
It was the male end, not the female end. I will correct the earlier post.

teashea

Addicted to Fun and Learning
One problem with these cables surfaced today. When swapping these for my trusty old amplifier cables (I forgot which brand) with Neutrik balanced plugs, the WWC Amphenol plugs do not have a locking hole on the male end. That means they will pull out much more easily under tension than the old cables.

Edit: Corrected that it was the male end lacking the locking hole, not the female end.
I use Cables Matter for all my cables. From Amazon. Excellent.

ShiZo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Audioblast are the best. Tests online show superior rejection. Does it make a difference? Probably not

Platypus20

Forum Donor
I have been very satisfied with the Benchmark XLR cables, that are Canare terminated Neutrik XLR. I like them more than my MIT interconnects.
I use the Benchmark XLR cables, with no issue, I bought them when I bought the amps and preamps. There is not a dealer that sells XLR cables locally, I live in an audio waste land. The single end cables are the gold end ones from Radio Shack, I was given a box full of them, when the local store closed.

i was in Best Buy today, they had 2 coaxial digital cables, one was a 1 meter cable for $7, the other was a fancy named and boxed cable for $130,

Top Bottom