• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AXPONA 2017 Request Thread

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hi guys. I am all booked to go to Chicago in 10 days for the AXPONA 2017 audio show. Thought I create a thread and collect requests for any specific suites you want me to pay attention.

Here is the exhibitor list: http://www.axpona.com/exhibitors.asp

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
You flying United?
Luckily, no. I did check but I don't think they had a flight at the time I wanted to leave. So it is my favorite domestic airline, Alaska.

Mark Seaton

Technical Expert
Hi Amir,

It's good to hear you are making the show again this year. I look forward to catching up again. Note they bumped us to an even bigger room on the other side of the building behind the Marketplace. Along with the larger space we have a larger, 14' wide Stewart screen for the Sony VW5000ES to light up and a free standing, fabric wall and columns to conceal all speakers but the big towers of subwoofers (4 per side this year for the bigger room, and because we can). Ken Whitcomb will have the picture dialed in with the help of a Lumagen Radiance Pro and we'll have a couple Oppo 4k players and a PC to feed various content.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Can you check on how the active speaker is getting on, seems like they are akin to 3D cinema.. they have a little surge then fall off the face of the earth..

But the recent uptake is intresting so can you make a point of investigating please.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I'm curious to know what the JBL Synthesis room is showing, especially if they have the 705P/708P (I doubt it) but also the 4329.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Stay out there in Rosemont,
Don't take the Blue Line etrain into the downtown loop
If you do get safe transport to the loop, stay downtown and don't go touristing around on the south or west sides.
Have fun

tr1ple6

A list of your top few rooms in order of preference (hopefully you remember this time;))

Tidal speakers too:)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
A list of your top few rooms in order of preference (hopefully you remember this time;))
This is hard to do after just one day let almore three. :)

Tidal speakers too:)
On my list to visit. Have not hit their floor yet.

oivavoi

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm also interested in the JansZen speakers. They measure very good. Also the CBT Epiques. Would be interesting to see if your impression this time aligns with your impressions from the last show where you heard them!

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I don't see Klipsch listed...

What's their problem?

Top Bottom