• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Arendal 1723 Towers best amplifier

D

Deleted member 48726

One thing I think many people don't work hard enough on is speaker position. An inch one way or another and/or changing the angle of a speaker just a little can make significant differences. It's also free.

Why do you write this? OP already has positioned the speakers.

delta76

Major Contributor
For the price, you can borrow something with Audyssey/Dirac, like Denon x4800h, and see if that works better than YPAO.

OP
P

Paulflexxer

For the price, you can borrow something with Audyssey/Dirac, like Denon x4800h, and see if that works better than YPAO.
I dont want audyssey or ypao or dirac or any measurement Software.. Just an stereo amp. Denon mostly makes 5.1 etc receiver.

D

Deleted member 48726

I dont want audyssey or ypao or dirac or any measurement Software.. Just an stereo amp. Denon mostly makes 5.1 etc receiver.
So you want a specific sound that fits your taste but you also don't want to use loudness, EQ or room correction? :)

The only way forward is buying a whole lot of different speakers and try them out in your room then.

(And Denon makes and have made plenty of stereo amplifiers)

OP
P

Paulflexxer

So you want a specific sound that fits your taste but you also don't want to use loudness, EQ or room correction? :)

The only way forward is buying a whole lot of different speakers and try them out in your room then.

(And Denon makes and have made plenty of stereo amplifiers)
Ye, for example an hegel 190 that i heard from an friend, simple stereo amp. Also has dirac i think, but i heard it without dirac active.

I already tried different speaker, at the end the 1723 are the best so far. And i dont wanna change speakers right now.

Never heard an review of "the best denon stereo amp". Popular ones are like NAD HEGEL LYNGDORF etc

reggiegasket

Try the Hegel then. It doesn't have Dirac or tone controls or DSP or loudness... but it's a good amp.

delta76

Major Contributor
it seems you need a combination of streamer + dac + amp.
if you just need amp, any hypex Nilai or Purifi based would fit and have plenty of power to boot
and don't underestimate the impact of room correction + sub integration :)

OP
P

Paulflexxer

it seems you need a combination of streamer + dac + amp.
if you just need amp, any hypex Nilai or Purifi based would fit and have plenty of power to boot
and don't underestimate the impact of room correction + sub integration :)
Then tell me a dac and streamer.. and then i have to ask myself whats better, purifi or nilai.

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
P

Paulflexxer

Might meet your needs, has airplay and looks to be fairly simple integrated.

I mean yes seems good, but my Budget is above. I have an Yamaha rn1000a that Costs about 1.4k€ for me, wouldnt be an "upgrade"

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I mean yes seems good, but my Budget is above. I have an Yamaha rn1000a that Costs about 1.4k€ for me, wouldnt be an "upgrade"
Don't confuse price with performance. You say you're looking for a simple integrated amp that can do Airplay. There aren't that many out there unless you want all those extra features the Yamaha and others have. If your desire is to spend more money then the Hegel would fit that requirement.

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You mention Streamer/Dac and power amp. These are cheaper as well so they might not be what you're looking for.

More expensive alternative

Streamer/Dac

terryforsythe

Forum Donor
Then tell me a dac and streamer.. and then i have to ask myself whats better, purifi or nilai.
You mentioned adding a subwoofer. If this is a serious consideration, then here is an option:

Streamer: WiiM Mini (or Pro if you prefer)

DSP/DAC: miniDSP Flex with analog balanced outputs

Amp: Hypex nilai500diy stereo (or Purify if you prefer)

Another option is to use the miniDSP SHD as your Streamer, DSP and DAC, and use this with a Hypex or Purify.

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you're considering the Nilai but aren't inclined to DIY you can buy them assembled. I doubt there would be an audible differences between any of these amplifiers as your speakers don't look to be a difficult drive.

terryforsythe

Forum Donor
Here is a build guide for the Hypex Nilai. Not very complicated, but it is nice that a pre-built version is available from Audiophonics.

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There are pre assembled Nilai amps in the US as well. From the companies I've seen the assembled amp is about $200 more than the kit so it's saves a bit if you're comfortable doing it. As long as I don't have to solder it's probably not much more difficult than all those old computers I used to assemble.

terryforsythe

Forum Donor
Here is a video of a person from Hypex discussing the new nCoreX and Nilai amplifier modules, as well as their improvements over the previous generation nCore amplifier modules.

delta76

Major Contributor
streamer - WiiM Pro Plus
DAC - does not really matter, pick anything from SMSL or Topping or Sabaj that has golfing panther rating, and you like the look
Purifi or hypex nilai - does not really matter, both are similar in performance

Top Bottom