• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anybody else listen to progressive House?

OP
S

Solveit

Sorry but this it not progressive house.
:)
This is.

dare

To answer your original question, yes, heavily, and I'm kind of surprised that it's taken me so long to stumble across a thread discussing electronic music on these forums! This brings me joy. I personally tend to favor the album format over singles, and my tastes definitely include melodic, deep, and tech house in addition to progressive. If you're still hunting for more, some albums and continuous mixes I love include:

- Spencer Brown's Illusion of Perfection and Stream of Consciousness, both continuous
- Tinlicker's* This Is Not Our Universe
- Yotto's* Hyperfall
- Ann Clue's phenomenal Faith Homesession (DJ Mix)
- Doppel's Eucalyptograph
- Ben Bohmer's Breathing
- Dosem's Dream Decoder

List is definitely not exhaustive, just a first pass at some faves. What's been treating y'all well these days? Happy holidays!

Katji

Major Contributor
Yes. There are quite a few songs that I love that are classified as progressive house. Although admittedly, I don't know the exact difference between deep house, house and progressive house.
Good definitive illustration of deep house is Deep Inspirations Show.
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...onica-dance-techno-et-cetera.220/post-1039021
Always on the jazzy house / soulful house side though. "Slow jams." Lounge bars and Sunday carwash+shisanyama+beer (vernacular for barbecue/braai.) Rene alias Jazzman (Bielefeld, Germany)...second home Pretoria, South Africa...until pandemic.

OP
S

Solveit

For me it's not over 120bpm and have not funny synth sounds and not to much Arpeggio loops.
More deep and heavier sound.
But as always in music you must be openminded. :)

OP
S

Solveit

Maybe not House but deep.
Locil-Vespera.

Katji

Major Contributor
For me it's not over 120bpm and have not funny synth sounds and not to much Arpeggio loops.
More deep and heavier sound.
But as always in music you must be openminded.

[funny synth sounds]...as in Acid House 303 ...predates my interest, but it shows up - like a few seconds/minutes - in mixes I like. Just now here...[just posted in Electronic/etc. thread but may as well repeat here - it matched this^^^]

Debuting on @fluid_funk with a lush and lax voyage dreamy coastal scapes, Dutch artist @uzumoon dishes out feel-good, Cali-funk-informed vibes by the dozen over the course of four delectably smooth tracks, infused with elements of LA beat, soulful house and post-balearic elevation.
“Sunder, Love” lets off washed-out RnB vibrations over beds of 303-emulating squelch, topped off with a guitar solo a la Santana like you’re chilling out in Venice Beach.

https://soundcloud.com/eelfmusic%2Fpremiere-uzu-moon-sunder-love

Katji

Major Contributor
This could keep you occupied for days...

(If you scroll down the page, you'll see most genre hashtags are [progressive house].)

1642413885580.png

1642414065620.png

(This is what this XenForo setup does: )

https://soundcloud.com/balance-series

OP
S

Solveit

Yeah I know Soundcloud but a lot of shit you have to scroll to also.

Katji

Major Contributor
It depends on what you follow / how many entities you follow. You can keep it focussed, limited to just a few entities that you can rely on. My list is too long, with many that i'm not interested in nowadays. Especially with entities like this - magazines/curators, with mixes that are 1 or 2 hours...then you can just switch it to [Auto-play station]

OP
S

Solveit

Only Spotify even if I not comfortabel with with the latest news.

Top Bottom