• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anybody else listen to progressive House?

OP
S

Solveit

To much bass but pretty cool if you have speakers for it. :)

Katji

Major Contributor
As 60+ Im born with Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Allan Holdsworth etc..
But get a kick to max out the volume when wife not home with some compressed House to test the gear.
Like this in 3:00.
Basically no but "I can relate", we can talk. The Beatles as child, on to White album period, Led Zeppelin at 14-15yo, on to blues/rock etc generally...[etc] then punk/post...then comeback at 40 or so to psy-trance, then many etc, then much deep house and now more diverse, but most focus on Dubstep/related. But don't like 90% of dubstep...(why i said basically no, because don't like 95%+ of Progressive House...actually applies to all genres) :) .... So i just had to say something, because we're rarities. :cool::p:D

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
To much bass

Does... not... compute ;)

Still not sure what defines progessive house. The Mason remix I posted earlier was probably way off the mark. More like straight up dance music. But I like the guy's work.

I think this is a bit more unconventional (Not sure... I have no idea what I'm doing)?:

escape2

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Not exactly prog house, but I've been listening to a lot of synthwave/retrowave stuff lately. This one has a nice midbass vibe to it:

Here is another:

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
I tried to pick stuff from the same era.
House is by definition groovy. Trance is cerebral. The progressive prefix was a kind of catch-all even in the 90s and mostly means slower, more atmospheric tracks. Especially in the UK it had links to progressive rock. But, if you contrast it with the non-progressive stuff the difference should be pretty clear.
You still have to know the music and sounds that were around at the time. Take The 7th Plain - To Be Surreal. Neither progressive or even house. It's techno, but techno for the chillout room, not the usual stuff played at parties: Jeff Mills - La Force

Past about 2002/3, because of the popularity of progressive trance, a lot of releases are crossover when you consider them with an ear for earlier music, but more distinct within the progressive label.
Past 2007 the naming conventions are close to meaningless because the commercial music scene really takes over and a lot of the same labels are used for very different-sounding stuff. Progressive is synonymous with popular dance music and becomes a noun.

Guess who used to post on EDM forums?;)

Edit: Fixed broken links.

Last edited:
OP
S

Solveit

I think I just wanted to somehow sort out an music taste that is maybe small and hard to explain for myself.
If I wrote "Anybody else likes Tecno?
Then it get overflown with uptempo plonky synth songs that what I not mean.

Maybe Deep House and Progressive House is closest what Im looking for.
And typical, I think maybe 100-130 Bpm with depth.
Lot of shit out there but sometimes you find some Gold.

It's easy to just listen to some jazzsongs or Amirs favourite Youh Sun Nah.
Sounds great in every decent stuff that people have here but more complex music which sounds good, yes it is compressed with max volume
is stressing the system more I think.

And new for me today.

Last edited:

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
I don't have access to it at the moment but I have a good collection of mixes on another computer.

Not sure how to setup the sharing. Soulseek?

OP
S

Solveit

I don't have access to it at the moment but I have a good collection of mixes on another computer.

Not sure how to setup the sharing. Soulseek?
I dont want to start a new SoundCloud here with mixes just one song.

Youtube or Spotify is ok.
:)

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Youtube or Spotify is ok.
A lot of what I have is not readily available online, and uploading it would be too tedious.

OP
S

Solveit

Yes but Im thinking public access for all even if you have killers I love to hear.
And just to make it simple.
One song.

OP
S

Solveit

This it not House but still good.
Nice stereo width.
So maybe I just want to share what I like which somehow is similar and reminds in same genre.

OP
S

Solveit

It's no my point to start en ego thread with my music.
Just want to find people with similar taste that somehow is pretty wide but have same searching in this genre.

So please share your songs!

OP
S

Solveit

I like the intro but then...
You know that ten seconds you play.

A800

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Only Aurosonic for the most part.

Andy B

Used to love early 90's prog house. Here's one for you:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Top Bottom