• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anybody else listen to progressive House?

Solveit

As 60+ Im born with Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Allan Holdsworth etc..
But get a kick to max out the volume when wife not home with some compressed House to test the gear.
Like this in 3:00.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Me?

No.

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm also 60+ and an I'm mainly a jazz (rock) listener like Chat Baker, Steely Dan and more...

But I'm missing in this genre new Grooves/Vibes interpretations. I found that in progressive an Deep underground/house-dub (Inflation of names in my opinion to describe a genre it must have groove vibe that is enough).

I regular make deep sets ( :facepalm: sort of therapy). I love the sample abuse and looking for deep chord repetitions, Harmonic & Beat matching combined with some "Seductive" 70-80ties undertones..... . This kind of music let my neurons go there own way because it produces Pheromones for thought.
My latest set:
https://www.mixcloud.com/Snarf/smells-like-dub-spirit/

Last edited:
OP
S

Solveit

I'm also 60+ and an I'm mainly a jazz (rock) listener like Chat Baker, Steely Dan and more...

But I'm missing in this genre new Grooves/Vibes interpretations. I found that in progressive an Deep underground/house-dub (Inflation of names in my opinion to describe a genre it must have groove vibe that is enough).

I regular make deep sets ( :facepalm: sort of therapy). I love the sample abuse and looking for deep chord repetitions. This kind of music let my neurons go there own way because it produces Pheromones for thought.
My latest set:
https://www.mixcloud.com/Snarf/smells-like-dub-spirit/

Thats a very nice one!

OP
S

Solveit

Yes it's something I need also to be crazy in the love of music.
No matter how silly it is I listen and take it or leave it.

OP
S

Solveit

Nice start but you have to wait for the melody then you know.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
I love house music, but mostly the "lowbrow" non-progressive variety. I just want something simple and unapologetic that makes my pitiful dance moves come to light. Like this:

But I do think fondly of some of the bigger hits from my youth:

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:
OP
S

Solveit

I love house music, but mostly the "lowbrow" non-progressive variety. I just want something simple and unapologetic that makes my pitiful dance moves come to light. Like this:

But I do think fondly of some of the bigger hits from my youth:

You killing my speakers with The Funk Phenomena!!
So good!

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes. There are quite a few songs that I love that are classified as progressive house. Although admittedly, I don't know the exact difference between deep house, house and progressive house. lol

Anyone else other than me occasionally go over to Beatport just to see what's popular among the new releases? I've picked up all kinds of good stuff from there over the years.

OP
S

Solveit

I know, It was my own classfie as something more heavy than the usual House.
But I want the songs that are on Spotify here to the public.
:)

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes. There are quite a few songs that I love that are classified as progressive house. Although admittedly, I don't know the exact difference between deep house, house and progressive house. lol

The same here i'm into this music for more than 15 years still did not figuer it out. It is something like this my daughter will become soon a software consultant when i discused with here what here work is i did understand it called years a go Service an Support.:facepalm: Again inflation of titles to make things more important than they realy are.

Vini darko

Major Contributor
Yep I listen to alot of house. Mostly dj mixes on youtube and soundcloud. Confused bi-product of a misinformed culture. Is a personal favorite youtube channel feturing lots of intresting electronic music.

Vini darko

Major Contributor
The same here i'm into this music for more than 15 years still did not figuer it out. It is something like this my daughter will become soon a software consultant when i discused with here what here work is i did understand it called years a go Service an Support.:facepalm: Again inflation of titles to make things more important than they realy are.
Agreed I have no idea what the difference is either o_O

Top Bottom