• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any PSB fans here?

OP

3dbinCanada

Since this popped up today, I will add that I was considering the Imagine XB speakers a couple weeks back, only to find they increased by $100.00. No Thank you! Out of my budget range. Happy I bought their Imagine XC earlier this year and is a performer.
Only a $100 increase? Thats not bad at all considering some of the price increases on items since the COVID recovery started. Look at SVS price hikes as an example. I understand budget constraints. Just giving $100 increase some perspective.

Teeter

Only a $100 increase? Thats not bad at all considering some of the price increases on items since the COVID recovery started. Look at SVS price hikes as an example. I understand budget constraints. Just giving $100 increase some perspective.
Won't you please send me an extra $100.00, pretty please???

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

cybrsrch Bret

I am currently rocking a pair of 1993 PSB 800's, they are getting to be the weak link in my system, but they have served me well for many years. I recently added an Emotiva "preamp" TA1 and an Emotiva SE12 Sub. My biggest acquisition so far is my Denefrips Ares II DAC, which I really love, worth every penny! I also realized an amazing upgrade to my music when I cleaned up my power source with an Emotiva CMX-2 AC line filter, I had a terrible DC offset that made a mess of my audio, this removed it magically and allowed my system to come thru the AC haze. I know I am sounding like an Emotive fanboy, but I have had great luck so far and their stuff seems solidly built and it sounds good to my ears! I am leaning towards new speakers next, I really like the Tekton 2-10 Perfect Sets or maybe the Double Impacts, I am really intrigued by that tweeter array and how effortlessly dynamic everyone says they are.

SimpleTheater

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Back around 2006 I bought a pair of PSB Platinum M2's. A few months later, after raving about them, my Dad picked up a pair of Image 2Bs. Each, in their respective price range, were excellent speakers. I sold the Platinums due to a medical condition called upgraditis and have regretted it ever since. My Dad still has his Images and they still sound great today.

paulie t

I’m interested in any opinions of the PSB Imagine XB as compatible the Imagine B. Thanks!

peterhaslund

Can't say I heard any other PSBs but I bought my Imagine T3s based on how my VISO headphones performed. There was something about Paul's personality and approach that resonated with me as I watched and read interviews online. After EQ adjusting my NAD VISOs along Amir's lines, they sing. They really sing.
My T3s perform wonderfully in my high ceiling living room. They extend deep, real deep, but remain neutral. I am easily able to follow the individual instruments even in large classical ensembles or modern big bands. How ever, they never hurt my ears. Somehow, they stay neutral. To my ears, anyway. I EQ a tiny bit at the deepest notes and adjust just the 700 Hz hump noted in all the tests. These will be my speakers for life and when I die my boys will have to decide who gets them :facepalm:

Last edited:

SiR

Is there anyone using PSB Alpha T20 Floorstanding speakers here ?

Like to hear your experience with it, both PROS and CONS

kevin1969

I had a pair of Imagine X2T Towers which were phenomenal until I accidentally blew them up and replaced them with Revel F36 Towers.

The Revels are amazing speakers, but there was something about the PSB mid-range that was just amazing for certain kinds of music.

Reactions: SiR

SiR

Last Saturday I had a chance to audition PSB Alpha T20 in my living room (Trying few speakers and amps for stereo listening ) with Marantz PM8006 and IOTAVX SA3

Alpha T20's performance is really fine and didn't expect such good thing from a small floorstanding speaker.

First paired with IOTAVX SA3 and then with PM8006

There was a huge difference between the amps but T20 paired well with both

Auditioned along with XTZ Spirit 4 and Oberon 5 but T20 stood out

kevin1969

Last Saturday I had a chance to audition PSB Alpha T20 in my living room (Trying few speakers and amps for stereo listening ) with Marantz PM8006 and IOTAVX SA3

Alpha T20's performance is really fine and didn't expect such good thing from a small floorstanding speaker.

First paired with IOTAVX SA3 and then with PM8006

There was a huge difference between the amps but T20 paired well with both

Auditioned along with XTZ Spirit 4 and Oberon 5 but T20 stood out
Listen to the X2T Towers, they are only a few hundred more. I wish the finish was nicer but they are amazing speakers. It's a shame there isn't much else until you get to the Synchrony price line.

Reactions: SiR

groovybassist

Forum Donor
I’m a fan of PSB speakers and had been using the Synchrony B600 bookshelves in my living room. My room is kinda large (an open LR/kitchen/DR space) and I’ve gotten into turning things up a bit lately, so I moved to floorstanding speakers recently. If my room was smaller, the B600s would have been keepers. Plan to put mine on the market soon.

For those curious, I bought a pair of Philharmonic Audio BMR HT Towers. They were the biggest thing I felt comfortable handling (I’m getting older now), use really high quality components, have phenomenal measurements and most of all, sound incredible. One of my most satisfying Audio purchases in 40 years of fiddling with this stuff.

Ngower

I’m a fan of PSB speakers and had been using the Synchrony B600 bookshelves in my living room. My room is kinda large (an open LR/kitchen/DR space) and I’ve gotten into turning things up a bit lately, so I moved to floorstanding speakers recently. If my room was smaller, the B600s would have been keepers. Plan to put mine on the market soon.

For those curious, I bought a pair of Philharmonic Audio BMR HT Towers. They were the biggest thing I felt comfortable handling (I’m getting older now), use really high quality components, have phenomenal measurements and most of all, sound incredible. One of my most satisfying Audio purchases in 40 years of fiddling with this stuff.
I auditioned these at a shop and loved them, would really like to buy but I know they're a bad fit for my space. But I have the opposite problem you have: space is too small, worried about boomy bass.

groovybassist

Forum Donor
I auditioned these at a shop and loved them, would really like to buy but I know they're a bad fit for my space. But I have the opposite problem you have: space is too small, worried about boomy bass.
Small spaces are a challenge, although they let you get away with smaller pieces and if you can arrange for it, near field listening, which significantly reduces the room’s contribution to the sound.

I used to have my setup in a small, nearly square bedroom. I tried a lot of different speakers and ended up liking Graham’s Chartwell LS3/5 best in that space. They’re expensive and would get roundly trashed on ASR for measurements I’m sure, but they sounded great to me and made me want to listen for hours on end.

Top Bottom