• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any 4499Ex DACs you recommend that I can use with a Flash card reader?

OP
Z

ZestClub

Well it will be less hot with screen off (and longer lasting on batteries).
Download the Hiby Music and from store. Start it, enable BT on DAP and phone, enable Hiby link controller and tap search on phone and when DAP appears tap on it. And then they are paird.
View attachment 345651
Now you can leave DAP on charger or in your pocket, control local storage playback on DAC or stream trough WiFi from phone.
OK I will try that - also it does run cooler if not streaming, i.e. just running from the flash card.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
OK I will try that - also it does run cooler if not streaming, i.e. just running from the flash card.
It whose intended to be used as shown from the beginning. It sucks battery as like there is no tomorrow run on old Snapdragon SoC and Android with desktop grade DAC's and additional OPAMP's.

OP
Z

ZestClub

Some software will do the first MQA unfold, otherwise you may want to reply on the DAc for MQA support. For this you’ll need software with bit-perfect playback though USB.
Any recommendation on the best bit-perfect software playback?

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
On mobile that is what is already in your DAP the Hiby Music.
Edit: you don't want bit perfect! No resasempling OK but with DSP processing PEQ especially.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
So copying the SD card content to the internal memory of a DAP is not an option?
Internal memory is small and no need really. He failed to explain from beginning how it's a SD card in DAP.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry, no experience with that, just know it's there :) I'm sure others have some experience though :)

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Any other DAP players that are main powered with an SD clot that I could connect to the DAC ?

Just get a smartphone and Chord Mojo 2 on desktop mode and you'll bypass the battery completely (or the MojoPoly combo so you get your SD card playback but without bypassing the battery). If you really need a DAP, the only ones that also bypasses the battery and has SD card that I know is Sony DMP-Z1.

OP
Z

ZestClub

Just get a smartphone and Chord Mojo 2 on desktop mode and you'll bypass the battery completely (or the MojoPoly combo so you get your SD card playback but without bypassing the battery). If you really need a DAP, the only ones that also bypasses the battery and has SD card that I know is Sony DMP-Z1.
I thing the smartphone + DAC is the way I am going.
Looking at the Samsung Galaxy 21 with Android 14/ bit perfect output + good DAC

Top Bottom