• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Android app "Music Player with Convolver" with digital room correction - beta version

Hello, I have slightly extended the room acoustics measurement algorithm from "Room Acoustics Meter" and "Speaker Setup" to calculate so-called "digital room corrections".
For those who are new to this, the explanation is in the link below, the technology as such has long been established and is also described in Wikipedia.
The player can create or import digital room corrections and use them to play music tracks (keyword convolution).
"Grown-up features" such as frequency-dependent windowing and separate options for the excess phase are included.

The app is in beta and would probably benefit from comments and suggestions.
A detailed description of the player is here: www.hifi-apps.com/digital_room_correction.en.htm
On the same site at www.hifi-apps.com/index.en.htm is the link to the installation including QR code for transferring from PC screen to Android device.
Or directly: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hifi_apps.cv_player

One more request: Perhaps some permission needs to be requested for some Android versions. Documentation and practice may not always be exactly the same due to manufacturer-specific peculiarities. It would therefore be good to know if, for example, certain songs are not visible on certain devices.

Keith_W

Major Contributor
I love the concept! I looked at some of your other apps. I noticed that they use the built-in mic of the Android device. Is there a way to calibrate the microphone?

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I doubt it is easy (or a worthwhile endeavor) to calibrate the mic in an Android phone. However, external measurement mics for android phones are available (but cost more than a UMIK-1).

Link to the user manual which gives more info.

Top Bottom