• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amp for topping d10

trademark

Hey guys,

Im in Hong Kong right now and am looking for a dac amp system to power my he-400is, m50xs, kinera iduns and ath-ls200s. I was looking at the fx audio x6 but was turned away by it's poor measurements. So now i am trying to find a dac amp. The topping d10 seems like a good option but now I am having trouble finding a nice amp to pair it with in Hong Kong. Could you please give me some recommendations for a high power, fairly low output impedance amp which can be bought in Hong Kong? The jds labs atom can't be bought here and is expensive in Australia, where I am from.

regards,
Trademark

helloworld

Hey guys,

Im in Hong Kong right now and am looking for a dac amp system to power my he-400is, m50xs, kinera iduns and ath-ls200s. I was looking at the fx audio x6 but was turned away by it's poor measurements. So now i am trying to find a dac amp. The topping d10 seems like a good option but now I am having trouble finding a nice amp to pair it with in Hong Kong. Could you please give me some recommendations for a high power, fairly low output impedance amp which can be bought in Hong Kong? The jds labs atom can't be bought here and is expensive in Australia, where I am from.

regards,
Trademark
Ask a forum member in us to help you for the jds atom

KR8NUX

Your fall back alternative is the Liquid Spark or magni 3.

Georgrig

Well, I have a suggestion if you can wait. A new Topping amp is on the way, the A50. After contacting Topping, they told me that it will be released sometime between January and March. Along with it, they will release a linear power supply, the P50. It will make a sweet stack with the D50.

OP
T

trademark

T
Well, I have a suggestion if you can wait. A new Topping amp is on the way, the A50. After contacting Topping, they told me that it will be released sometime between January and March. Along with it, they will release a linear power supply, the P50. It will make a sweet stack with the D50.

Yeah i cant really wait. 19th is gonna be my last day. Any other options for a high power output chinese amp?

Georgrig

Sabaj offers headphone amps. I don't know how they measure, though.

Georgrig

…and also SMSL. Check the posted technical details. At least SMSL has been proven to be credible.

bigx5murf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The Topping MX3 looks super interesting, I hope it gets measured here soon. Looks like the perfect all in one desk solution.

artnoi

I see your point of having low output impedance. How about the DX3Pro (1 Ohm)? Better DAC performance than my D10 and with Bluetooth functionality. I'm using D10+O2 (7V) but also eyeing on a DX3Pro because of its bluetooth and external power. At 2V it should be okay since I use those harder-to-drive headphones (DT880s 250Ohm and HD600) almost exclusively on 1x gain (O2) from the D10, except for quieter classical music.

PS. I'm going to HK after the new year and also planning to buy a DX3Pro there. If you managed to get one, could you let me know where you got the deal?

OP
T

trademark

I see your point of having low output impedance. How about the DX3Pro (1 Ohm)? Better DAC performance than my D10 and with Bluetooth functionality. I'm using D10+O2 (7V) but also eyeing on a DX3Pro because of its bluetooth and external power. At 2V it should be okay since I use those harder-to-drive headphones (DT880s 250Ohm and HD600) almost exclusively on 1x gain (O2) from the D10, except for quieter classical music.

PS. I'm going to HK after the new year and also planning to buy a DX3Pro there. If you managed to get one, could you let me know where you got the deal?

Hey man, i ended up getting a dx3 pro off taobao. The original price was somethinf lime 1300 yuan but i got it down to 1100 yuan. Desk fi might be getting stock for the dx3 pro but it will always be more expensive than buying straight off taobao. I dont have any extremely hard to drive headphones, but yhe dx3 pro drives my he-400i loudly. The bluetooth functionality also works wonderfully and is easy to use and change from usb to bluetooth.

Roen

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Did you buy a D10? Hope you didn't have a redundant purchase.

artnoi

Hey man, i ended up getting a dx3 pro off taobao. The original price was somethinf lime 1300 yuan but i got it down to 1100 yuan. Desk fi might be getting stock for the dx3 pro but it will always be more expensive than buying straight off taobao. I dont have any extremely hard to drive headphones, but yhe dx3 pro drives my he-400i loudly. The bluetooth functionality also works wonderfully and is easy to use and change from usb to bluetooth.
Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to get mine soon! How fast was shipping from taobao anyway?

Top Bottom