• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA D03 class D amplifier "Subjective review"

S0und

@Marcorelle At this point I would make a test where your source is not your PC but for example your phone with Bluetooth. Because it's much more likey that you PC acting up, instead of the DAC just randomly dropping input.

Toku

Major Contributor
Hi Toku

thank u very much for your answer.
I use original power supply from the box of the D03 (36V).
I understand , but like I said , I can play various songs (music , movie , video games) during hours without any problem but sometimes the sound is cut for one second.
and it s weird !
today : I play music and video games without problem , no cut !!!! yesterday : same music , same videogames and I have the cut for one second few times during the day !
Is the input mode PC and USB connection?

Marcorelle

@Toku : indeed , input mode PC and USB connection.
@sound : before the D03, I had a SMSL AD18 and I ve never had this behaviour , so it would be surprising if the problem came from the PC
I tested with BT , and the problem is the same (but like the USB PC connection , it s completely random )

Marcorelle

this morning , a friend lent me a SMSL A300 till sunday , I am currently testing it (great amp , very surprised !)
same connection : USB TO PC , I ll try same games , same music etcc..
and I ll see if I have the same problem (but as I said , I had no problem with AD18)

Marcorelle

Hi guys , some news today after 2 days with the SMSL A300 : absolutely no problem , no audio cut during hours of playing (gaming , music , movie etc etc..)
But a little bit disapointed by the DAC of this SMSL A300 , it is not very good (only 16bits/44khz insteand of 24 bits/192 Khz with the D03).

Toku

Major Contributor
Hi guys , some news today after 2 days with the SMSL A300 : absolutely no problem , no audio cut during hours of playing (gaming , music , movie etc etc..)
But a little bit disapointed by the DAC of this SMSL A300 , it is not very good (only 16bits/44khz insteand of 24 bits/192 Khz with the D03).
The A300's digital inputs operate using the BT module's DAC functionality. Therefore, the performance is inferior to products equipped with a DAC chip. Well, please use it as a bonus function.

Marcorelle

@Toku : thank u very much for this information , I didnt know that. As I said , a gentle friend lent me his A300 to test on my system ;)
this morning , I reconnect my D03 : no cut in sound after 2 hours of music but the problem doesn't happen often (I like this little D03 despite this weird problem )

burebista

Same problem here too both on USB (Daphile notebook) and optical (TV).
No display disappearing though.
D03 "works" 5-6 hours/day (in weekends double that) both on USB and TV and it happens very rare. And I mean VERY rare. But it happens.

Anyway, I can live with that. :)

Marcorelle

@burebista : thanks for your sharing ;)
same for me , in fact I can live with that , this amp is very very good for the price and fortunately the problem doesn't happen all the time

flaviocc

Hi guys.

I have this amp and trying to play with subwoofer.

What input I should use?

LFE or the other where I can tune the crossover?

Tks

Top Bottom