• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA D03 class D amplifier "Subjective review"

Jeromeof

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Anyone tried this with a 48v power supply? Would it work and sound better than the 36v or blow up/catch fire?
Probably wouldn't work and would not make it sound better.

For me the only 'problem' input is the aux in and that can't be fixed with the power supply, it basically a poor ADC implementation, the DAC itself is pretty good (for the price) but they should have at least level matched the aux-in to the other volume levels.

Wencyb

Hello! This is my first post and I wish everyone is doing great! I bought my D03 from an overseas seller operating at our local online shopping platform, Shopee. Been with vintage gears for years and have just started looking to a more efficient class of amps. Got the A07 and D03 and SMSL DA-8s and SU-8 and Topping E50 all at the same time. I dont have a trained ear and age is a factor, too, yet I can say that this bunch are incredible. My star is the D03. I hooked it to my HPM100 and to a hard to drive IMF als40 and it delivers. It does that for a month until it starts to emit a kind of crackling and rumbling noise every few minutes on the left channel. I retired it immediately after that. My Class D journey continues. Looking at Fosi now and see what it got. Sorry for my English.

via

Hello!

Sorry for a dumb question, is it OK to use this amp with Yamaha NS-555? Or it to low-powered for it?

Thanks!

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Hello!

Sorry for a dumb question, is it OK to use this amp with Yamaha NS-555? Or it to low-powered for it?

Thanks!
Speakers are quite sensitive. They will be fine with the D03 - as long as there is enough power for your listening distance and desired volume. But that applies to any speaker.

soxxoz

Good morning and happy holiday.
Thanks for info and opinions about D03. I have a little bit strange question.
I would connect it with usb to my nvidia shield (android box tv), in this case can will control the volume or its remote control sould be the only way?

koksiks

Hello!
I've been using this amplifier for more than a year, it came with a 32V 5A power supply, I really like everything.
Speakers from an old music center are playing.
I want to buy my first acoustics for growth, I liked the focal chora 826.
In the future, we will definitely consider purchasing a serious amplifier, but this will not happen soon.
Please tell me, if I buy a 36V 6A unit, will the amplifier cope with this acoustics?

Sorry for my English, thanks!

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Hello!
I've been using this amplifier for more than a year, it came with a 32V 5A power supply, I really like everything.
Speakers from an old music center are playing.
I want to buy my first acoustics for growth, I liked the focal chora 826.
In the future, we will definitely consider purchasing a serious amplifier, but this will not happen soon.
Please tell me, if I buy a 36V 6A unit, will the amplifier cope with this acoustics?

Sorry for my English, thanks!
I would try it first with the 32V supply. The change from 32V to 36V is only 1dB increase. And with 32V you should still get around 50W which exceeds the minimum specification for the speakers.

The 826 speakers are pretty high sensitivity - I guess much higher than your old speakers, so you should have no problem getting the same volume out.

Last edited:

carsonpoland

Hi! my BT has stopped working in D03. Im thinking of replacing whole module on amp pcb with one from ali. There are 2 version of BT QCC3034 and i dont know which one is in D03, analog or i2s output. Any suggestions?

Top Bottom