• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Compact size budget amp

harash

Hello, currently my budget kit looks as follows: raspberry pi with moode audio connected via USB to audiotrak Prodigy cube black edition + sony TA-F555ES amplifier + old quadral qlx-155 floor speakers. I like the warm sound of the sony but unfortunately it is big and heavy, so I would ask you to advise something smaller with similar sound or with tone control to which I could also connect tv via toslink. The budget is about $120-150. It doesn't have to have Bluetooth.

In the meantime, I found:
- Aiyima d03 - here I would fit in $110 because I already have a dedicated power supply from aiyima
- Luxjie A30
- Topping mx3s (but it exceeds the budget)

Alternatively, maybe separately some dac + amp? Thanks in advance and sorry for my English

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I like the warm sound of the sony but unfortunately it is big and heavy, so I would ask you to advise something smaller with similar sound or with tone control to which I could also connect tv via toslink. The budget is about $120-150. It doesn't have to have Bluetooth.
You are attempting to replace a very good integrated amplifier with a $120 to $150 budget. Not going to happen unless there is something actually wrong/bad about the Sony.

OP
H

harash

Unfortunately I know, the sony sound suits me. The problem with the sony, besides the size and weight, is the lack of tv connectivity and the buzzing transformer. The potentiometers also already crackle a bit and sometimes you have to turn the volume knob to make the left and right sides play at the same level. It's probably a matter of lubricating the potentiometers and I can deal with that.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
buzzing transformer.
Tighten the retaining nuts and bolts/screws holding the transformer to the chassis and you stand a decent chance of fixing the buzzing transformer.
The potentiometers also already crackle a bit and sometimes you have to turn the volume knob to make the left and right sides play at the same level. It's probably a matter of lubricating the potentiometers and I can deal with that.
Use control cleaner and lubricant and purchase the extended spray hose kit for another two dollars above the spray can model with a short spray tube. This is good stuff>>>

jindy30

Hello, currently my budget kit looks as follows: raspberry pi with moode audio connected via USB to audiotrak Prodigy cube black edition + sony TA-F555ES amplifier + old quadral qlx-155 floor speakers. I like the warm sound of the sony but unfortunately it is big and heavy, so I would ask you to advise something smaller with similar sound or with tone control to which I could also connect tv via toslink. The budget is about $120-150. It doesn't have to have Bluetooth.

In the meantime, I found:
- Aiyima d03 - here I would fit in $110 because I already have a dedicated power supply from aiyima
- Luxjie A30
- Topping mx3s (but it exceeds the budget)

Alternatively, maybe separately some dac + amp? Thanks in advance and sorry for my English
what did you end up getting?

Top Bottom