• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A70 Stereo Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 35 10.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 164 49.8%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 118 35.9%

• Total voters

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
The cooling is occurring by radiating the heat and not by air flowing/convection.
I haven't done the calcs but from what I remember it's probably mostly passive convection, just like using the amp case as a heatsink. I remember heatsink colour (so radiation efficiency) making a relatively small difference to cooling.

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't mind the separate PS but does the amp really need to look like something you might not have bought from the back pages of an electronics magazine in 1977?

Those little one sixteenth of a page ads, with a crude artist impression of the product - 'Just £9.99!'

There's an art to making tat that doesn't look like tat, this doesn't make the grade. For the money you could get a second hand NAD or Rotel, that's still where I'd go I'm afraid.

Toni Mas

I don't mind the separate PS but does the amp really need to look like something you might not have bought from the back pages of an electronics magazine in 1977?

Those little one sixteenth of a page ads, with a crude artist impression of the product - 'Just £9.99!'

There's an art to making tat that doesn't look like tat, this doesn't make the grade. For the money you could get a second hand NAD or Rotel, that's still where I'd go I'm afraid.
Those chi...p-amps sound better... State of the art Texas Instruments chips inside... Enjoy global peace and love as free bonus... :p

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
For the money you could get a second hand NAD or Rotel, that's still where I'd go I'm afraid.
A Rotel or NAD person (probably) wouldn’t go for these type of amps, have couple of such friends who simply ignore to even look at these no matter how these perform.

ampguy

For what it's worth. I can not take anybody speccing their amps at 10%THD seriously, why not 100%THD, you would get even more "watts" ....

I just can not convince myself to get excited about this amp - it is cheap - cool. Better than other cheap chip amps - great. So what.
looking beyond performance at 5W and 1kHz [which is respectable] it offers very little. E.g. this graph is just plain ugly, rising distortion in multiples with every kHz added, and I fail to understand the comment "unhappy above 1kHz, but otherwise very good performance". There is actually lot of music going above 1kHz. Combine it with some average DAC, that has SINAD 120, but also shows rising distortion at higher frequencies and I think you will get into audible issue territory,

View attachment 355534

I can see this amp being used as desktop with some smaller bookshelves speakers ans some budget DAC - and here, if you combine everything - you can get get much better value by buying some well-performing powered monitors.

Also "cheap" is very relative - 220USD is not exactly cheap, like "if I don't like, I just throw it away" and for not much more money you can get some normal HYPEX based amp.

Sometimes cheap is just not worth it.
I don’t know if I would hear it, but I definitely LOL’d at the -Gets unhappy above 1 kHz haha, I’ll probably put one of these on my Black Friday list, but the original Topping PA5 sounds so great and is so reliable, it might be my end game amp!!

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
I keep hoping Aiyima or Fosi or SMSL will make a matched amp - preamp stack with the amp "just an amp" and the good stepped volume control, multiple inputs, phono input/preamp and remote control all with the preamp side. Different from their offerings to date and a step up, say if priced around $400 for the pair.

The A70 is fine but since I don't use a sub and have no need for balanced inputs, no step up for me from the other Class D amps I am using now for my smaller systems...

jayapple

This is very cheap, which makes those manufacturers who sell high -priced kits ashamed.I really want to see the inside of this gadget. Has anyone had disassembled it? Can't wait!

AIYIMA

Audio Company
Forum Donor
1710239636392.png
1710239647086.png
1710239658135.png

ocinn

Low passed subwoofer outputs are completely pointless considering every powered subwoofer already includes a low-pass.

I wish these manufacturers would instead implement an accurate high-pass filter to the amplifier outputs and a full range “preamp” output to drive a powered sub, which allows for somewhat proper subwoofer integration, between small speakers and powered subs, which is the direction the budget/consumer stereo market is heading

daniboun

Major Contributor
Do you mind telling a bit more:

Type of volume potentiometer used?
OPamps?
Smoothing Capacitors spects?
RCA & XLT input impedance/sensitivity?
Heat radiator - does it get screwed to the chassis to transfer hear?
Parameter:
Chipset: TPA3255+NE5532
Replaceable operational amplifier chips: RT3609SM, OPA2604, OPA2134, LM4562, JRC5532, OP275GSZ, OPA1612, MUSES01/02/03, etc.
Distortion:0.0015%(@1W)
Signal-to-noise ratio:≥≥116 dB
Frequency response: 20Hz-20KHz (±1DB)
XLR input sensitivity: 3.8Vrms (19dB)
RCA input sensitivity: 1.9Vrms (25 DB)/1.1Vrms (28.5 DB)
Speaker impedance: 4-8Ω
Stereo maximum output power: 2x300 W (@4Ω) 48V10A
Input mode: RCA+XLR
Trigger: 12v Tigger input

I also see in pictures some Nichicon alu. caps PW serie 2200UF / 63V + SMD RVT NoName 25V/220UF Output caps

Last edited:

Guddu

Parameter:
Chipset: TPA3255+NE5532
Replaceable operational amplifier chips: RT3609SM, OPA2604, OPA2134, LM4562, JRC5532, OP275GSZ, OPA1612, MUSES01/02/03, etc.
Distortion:0.0015%(@1W)
Signal-to-noise ratio:≥≥116 dB
Frequency response: 20Hz-20KHz (±1DB)
XLR input sensitivity: 3.8Vrms (19dB)
RCA input sensitivity: 1.9Vrms (25 DB)/1.1Vrms (28.5 DB)
Speaker impedance: 4-8Ω
Stereo maximum output power: 2x300 W (@4Ω) 48V10A
Input mode: RCA+XLR
Trigger: 12v Tigger input

I also see in pictures some Nichicon alu. caps PW serie 2200UF / 63V + SMD RVT NoName 25V/220UF Output caps
Thanks @daniboun
I did see these details on portal and few in pics, but the pic is more like a model than the actual product internal and so thought Aiyima might confirm.

natna

It looks like a 3D model?
In the 2nd pic, I see a part of the PCB next to the metal heat dissipation block, that is covered and has an Aiyma Audio logo on it. Since the driving OPAMPS are on the upper side, I have to guess that it's possibly the PFFB circuit hidden under it?
And the coil inductors are on the inner side, so we can't have a look of them.

Guddu

It looks like a 3D model?
Since the driving OPAMPS are on the upper side, I have to guess that it's possibly the PFFB circuit hidden under it?
I thought that metal branding piece might also be acting like a metal cooler or hearsink for whatever is inside or just branding exercise.

Top Bottom