• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aiyima A07 Max - Aiyima's new TPA3255 amplifier with mono/stereo output

Bruce Morgen

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I don't understand why Aiyima did not include a volume bypass switch to turn these little A07 max into composable small power amps :(
I am looking for a small mono power amp for my center speaker for my 3.2 setup.
Mains are driven by an hyper stereo ncore amp and subs are active.
This A07 MAX in mono mode will be perfect and very cheap. I just wish the volume plot could be deactivated.
As I also mentioned to Jason Shep, what's your objection to the volume control? Why not just "dime" it and use the amp as if it wasn't there?

OP
Guddu

Guddu

@AIYIMA
Any possibility of a version without a volume control?
It would better suit users with AVR’s/pre amps/ Minidsp flex etc etc.
Just max out the volume pot, which is no resistance.

vicenzo_del_paris

Forum Donor
As I also mentioned to Jason Shep, what's your objection to the volume control? Why not just "dime" it and use the amp as if it wasn't there?
For 2 reasons:
- remove the volume control circuitry from the signal path
- avoid anybody to (voluntary or involuntary) changing the amp volume settings.

I am aware that I will end up by getting current A07 max if there is no alternative.
Will set volume at max and make sure the amp front panel won't be accessible to any body.

My comment was about adding a simple switch for the amp to be used either as an integrated or as a power amp.

Jason Shep

What's your objection to the volume control? Why not just "dime" it and use the amp as if it wasn't there?
Same as Vincenzo, they already make so many different versions, would it be so difficult for them to make a model without the volume control?

As about the lowest cost monobloc for my Auro3d VOG channel though, I can put up with the volume control.

Bruce Morgen

Forum Donor
Same as Vincenzo, they already make so many different versions, would it be so difficult for them to make a model without the volume control?

As about the lowest cost monobloc for my Auro3d VOG channel though, I can put up with the volume control.
This might work too -- I can't testify as to performance, but the price is certainly right -- at least for the next few days. It apparently sums the two inputs because it seems to be intended for passive subwoofer applications, but there's no low-pass filtering so it should be good for non-sub use -- but you ought to be be able to use either one of them to amplify a single channel.

AIYIMA 600W Power Amplifier TPA3255 Sound Amplifier Class D Mono Amplify Speaker Digital

Bruce Morgen

Forum Donor
For 2 reasons:
- remove the volume control circuitry from the signal path
- avoid anybody to (voluntary or involuntary) changing the amp volume settings.

I am aware that I will end up by getting current A07 max if there is no alternative.
Will set volume at max and make sure the amp front panel won't be accessible to any body.

My comment was about adding a simple switch for the amp to be used either as an integrated or as a power amp.
If the volume control is of the usual analog variety -- a simple voltage divider circuit -- when it's dimed it's just an unobtrusive shunt resistance and thus not detrimental to the signal path. If "dimed" is the default setting for your application, then any tampering with the knob would be non-destructive -- not to mention easily detected and just as easy to correct.

Jason Shep

This might work too -- I can't testify as to performance, but the price is certainly right -- at least for the next few days. It apparently sums the two inputs because it seems to be intended for passive subwoofer applications, but there's no low-pass filtering so it should be good for non-sub use -- but you ought to be be able to use either one of them to amplify a single channel.

AIYIMA 600W Power Amplifier TPA3255 Sound Amplifier Class D Mono Amplify Speaker Digital
Thanks Bruce, I had been eyeing up that model before the max came along but the max is such a good price anyway, I jumped for it.
Just have to install my VOG speaker now & hook it up.

Snowzy

Hello, I have just received the Aiyima A07 MAX. After some tests, I must admit I am quite disappointed with the device. According to tests and measurements, it seems fine, but in terms of actual listening experience, it's not great. For me, the Fosi V3 performs much better in reproducing low frequencies , mid and treeble. I tested it with various speakers, including my Wharfedale Denton 85. The sound is heavily focused on the high frequencies, which is uncomfortable for my ears. I don't have this unpleasant sharpness issue with the Fosi V3. As for the design, it's not very appealing either. It appears that Aiyima lacks designers to create cohesive setups that complement each other. Due to its small size, it's unclear how to stack it with other Aiyima devices. Additionally, the gray face isn't aesthetically pleasing.

The "subwoofer" output, or rather the auxiliary output, is also peculiar. The bass sounds are quite unclear, and the volume output is rather high. In any case, it doesn't pair well with a subwoofer.
I also wanted to warn some people: when you buy directly on AliExpress, from the official store, the customer service is not very cooperative and can even be unpleasant towards their customers. So, it's up to you to try it out, but personally, I think I will choose a different path next time. I speak from experience :) However, I must commend Fosi's customer service, which is light-years ahead of Aiyima's.
Now, regarding the idea of double mono, why not, but well, I think I would have twice the headache :) Otherwise, in theory, it's good. A sub output aligned with the volume would have been beneficial.

OP
Guddu

Guddu

Hello, I have just received the Aiyima A07 MAX. After some tests, I must admit I am quite disappointed with the device. According to tests and measurements, it seems fine, but in terms of actual listening experience, it's not great. For me, the Fosi V3 performs much better in reproducing low frequencies , mid and treeble. I tested it with various speakers, including my Wharfedale Denton 85. The sound is heavily focused on the high frequencies, which is uncomfortable for my ears. I don't have this unpleasant sharpness issue with the Fosi V3. As for the design, it's not very appealing either. It appears that Aiyima lacks designers to create cohesive setups that complement each other. Due to its small size, it's unclear how to stack it with other Aiyima devices. Additionally, the gray face isn't aesthetically pleasing.

The "subwoofer" output, or rather the auxiliary output, is also peculiar. The bass sounds are quite unclear, and the volume output is rather high. In any case, it doesn't pair well with a subwoofer.
I also wanted to warn some people: when you buy directly on AliExpress, from the official store, the customer service is not very cooperative and can even be unpleasant towards their customers. So, it's up to you to try it out, but personally, I think I will choose a different path next time. I speak from experience :) However, I must commend Fosi's customer service, which is light-years ahead of Aiyima's.
Now, regarding the idea of double mono, why not, but well, I think I would have twice the headache :) Otherwise, in theory, it's good. A sub output aligned with the volume would have been beneficial.
Thanks for sharing.
Amazon is a better place in terms of service and returns, just in case.

Snowzy

Merci d'avoir partagé.
Amazon est un meilleur endroit en termes de service et de retours, juste au cas où.
Yes, it's true, Amazon is much better. However, they didn't have the A07 MAX in stock yet. I was too impatient and ordered from the main AliExpress store , Thank you as well for sharing your experiences on the forum :)

damarfi

I ordered from Aiyama store (https://www.aiyima.com/) and all was perfect, including customer support. I asked them to lower price on shipment docs because of the tax in my country. Got answer in few hours and they were very cooperative regarding that.
I got two amps few days ago but did not have time to try them on my Totem Mani2. I am very curious how 07 Max sound on those full range monitors.

Snowzy

I ordered from Aiyama store (https://www.aiyima.com/) and all was perfect, including customer support. I asked them to lower price on shipment docs because of the tax in my country. Got answer in few hours and they were very cooperative regarding that.
I got two amps few days ago but did not have time to try them on my Totem Mani2. I am very curious how 07 Max sound on those full range monitors.

When it comes to selling, I don't think it poses any problems :) Feel free to share your experience with such large speakers.

space_duck

I measured power draw of my AVR during high volume stereo listening (which I do sometimes enjoy) and found it drew ~60-80 wpc more than at idle. Some of this may be lost to heat rather than going to the speakers, since it's a Class AB. Will two A07 Max's in mono config provide the power I need for the front speakers?

OP
Guddu

Guddu

I measured power draw of my AVR during high volume stereo listening (which I do sometimes enjoy) and found it drew ~60-80 wpc more than at idle. Some of this may be lost to heat rather than going to the speakers, since it's a Class AB. Will two A07 Max's in mono config provide the power I need for the front speakers?

In should be fine in general, which AVR you have?

space_duck

In should be fine in general, which AVR you have?
Marantz SR7011. I would like to run the fronts off a more efficient amp instead of the top rears as I currently do, but the amp I have driving them is too weak for the fronts (tiny chi-fi amp advertised as 2x50W and I do not believe it's anywhere close to that).

OP
Guddu

Guddu

Marantz SR7011. I would like to run the fronts off a more efficient amp instead of the top rears as I currently do, but the amp I have driving them is too weak for the fronts (tiny chi-fi amp advertised as 2x50W and I do not believe it's anywhere close to that).
A07 Max should work fine.
You should get much more power.

HighFutility

Hey, I am looking for an inexpensive amp to test DIY subwoofers. Most of the subs I use are between 400 and 600RMS. Would this be suitable for my needs? I have a crown xls for my dedicated subs. This would strictly be for testing in my workspace. The spec sheet shows ~300W @ 4ohm's. In the 100$ price range, I have found nothing close to this. Are there any issues with frequencies below 20 hz?

OP
Guddu

Guddu

Hey, I am looking for an inexpensive amp to test DIY subwoofers. Most of the subs I use are between 400 and 600RMS. Would this be suitable for my needs? I have a crown xls for my dedicated subs. This would strictly be for testing in my workspace. The spec sheet shows ~300W @ 4ohm's. In the 100$ price range, I have found nothing close to this. Are there any issues with frequencies below 20 hz?
If you can use amplifier board rather than finished amplifier then you may get many options.
Typically subwoofers have TPA3116 boards, and you can get a decent one for less than 50$ I guess.
Even finished plate amplifier might be available within 100$ range.

OP
Guddu

Guddu

If you can use amplifier board rather than finished amplifier then you may get many options.
Typically subwoofers have TPA3116 boards, and you can get a decent one for less than 50$ I guess.
Even finished plate amplifier might be available within 100$ range.
Here is one which should work:
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $54.42 28% Off | AIYIMA 600W TPA3255 Subwoofer Amplifier Class D Mono Sound Amplificador Home Audio Amplifier For Passive Speaker

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $41.68 30% Off | AIYIMA Audio A3001 TPA3255 Subwoofer Amplifier 300W HIFI Speaker Amplifier Mono Sound Power Amplificador Class D Home Audio Amp

space_duck

A07 Max should work fine.
You should get much more power.
Do you think just one in stereo would be enough for 80wpc or is two in mono a must? I know it's advertised as 300wpc but I don't trust that to be true.

Top Bottom