• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

holdingpants01

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I asked them about availability of ART as a software on a personal computers and this was their answer: Hi! We don't have any announcement about Active Room Treatment for Room Correction Suite at this point in time, but we're definitely looking at it as a possibility.

Keith_W

Major Contributor
My understanding of how it works is that it is using multiple subwoofers, as well as output from the mains speaker to even out the bass response in the room. Can someone explain how this is different to how Multi-Sub Optimizer works?

holdingpants01

Forum Donor
My understanding of how it works is that it is using multiple subwoofers, as well as output from the mains speaker to even out the bass response in the room. Can someone explain how this is different to how Multi-Sub Optimizer works?
You're talking about Dirac Bass Control, Active Room Treatment is way different

Music707

NegativeEntropy

Forum Donor

Andysu

Major Contributor
firmware 4.5 is useless unless one is installer , sigh and end user needs installer to okay the firmware install , that's rather cheeky of stormaudio m since end used as paid for it and stormaudio say they are protecting their software , what an excuse that is , so i have to wait for installer to okay ? the useless firmware doesn't update automatically , have to use that client portal , sigh

NegativeEntropy

Forum Donor
Or maybe even on ASR. See post no. 211 by @Dj7675.
True!

I found the attached ART vocabulary list interesting.

Given the ease of localization at higher frequencies the nearer the speaker, this has me more strongly considering front wides in my initial setup.

Attachments

• ARTParameters.pdf
    395.8 KB · Views: 86

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
firmware 4.5 is useless unless one is installer , sigh and end user needs installer to okay the firmware install , that's rather cheeky of stormaudio m since end used as paid for it and stormaudio say they are protecting their software , what an excuse that is , so i have to wait for installer to okay ? the useless firmware doesn't update automatically , have to use that client portal , sigh
This is not correct from my experience. You can register with Storm by opening a ticket, and requesting access to download firmware directly without any dealer involvement. I have never had to get my dealer involved with upgrading firmware.

45B7E998-7214-460A-84CB-3D4CC1359559.png

Andysu

Major Contributor
This is not correct from my experience. You can register with Storm by opening a ticket, and requesting access to download firmware directly without any dealer involvement. I have never had to get my dealer involved with upgrading firmware.

View attachment 291968
yeah , okay thanks for the information there

apgood

Why don't you just request an account via your installer / dealer to directly download the firmware from StormAudio site?

apgood

View attachment 291968
I think in most cases they want the dealer to be ok with you getting an account. I never had a dealer as I bought my unit 2nd hand so asked StormAudio directly and my request had to be reviewed. Same as when I asked to do the MK1.5 upgrade myself.

Andysu

Major Contributor
that was a lot of hassle still have to get firmware and sigh though an installer , i somehow feel intimidated by stormaudio they along with i guess trinnov they think they've made an end game processor , lol
the firmware loaded up and have to wait for dirac for the firmware as processor was brought early this , no year , so it's free ? oh , so free launch then is it plant based ?
i doubt i use the dirac art as my system is far complex than anyone else's with regards to my systems , B - chain so the art is useless to me , unless its outboard add on device that has XLR DB25 connectors so it can be connected to the most complex of system

Dolby Stereo
projector optical sound head solar cell shines light onto the matrix soundtrack and gets converted into electrical audio signal
optical preamp , the signal is adjusted at the preamp
then passes to x2 Dolby A-type cards be it duel or single A-type noise reduction a test film is used to align the signal on the cards that have leds two green led signal most be equal for Dolby reference
signal sound passes to Dolby MP matrix 4.2.4 decoder cat , meow cat -150 and several have been made , i can think of D E and F being the last one made in the early 1990's , they have mini like amplifiers on the cards and certain steering vectors , crosstalk rejection to reduce other channels filtering into the other
the EQ house cards which 1/3 octave LCR in most typical CP or x8 EQ cards in Dolby Stereo CP200 which is a very complex analog cinema processor and still the best one made , atmos meh , only heard one decent movie out of the ten no years , really now
outputs then connect to THX sound system crossover booth monitor then connect to the amplifiers

^ that's complex B- chain

stormaudio , i've only used the internal 8 channel , or 5 internal rca mostly with Dolby CP750 connected to Sony SDDS that is connected to stormaudio rca analog inputs , hardly used the hdmi inputs unless its an atmos movie and not even played atmos movie for 7 weeks now , atmos has taken back seat here and Dolby Stereo matrix or discrete is back on the map

the stromaudio still has that Dolby dsu flaw with centre channel and i can't use it , i revert to one of Dolby Stereo CP200 , CP500 CPP750 or even Sony SDDS has 4.2,4 or i can use discrete 6 track channel which is still far more immersive than atmos

dirac and all the home present eq should have headless panther , unless cheap one is made for external add on that doesn't mess me around as i have given up on dirac , anyone else that uses it with their same storm or trinnov , good luck with flawed dsu when ever you used it for 4.2.4 , mixes , not that it can even do proper 4.2.4 in exact same as Dolby Stereo at the cinema , i guess too many have too much pride for their atmos , well i've had enough of it until the next rare atmos movie comes along that is on par with , gravity atmos mix

tjcinnamon

haven't seen many REW graphs posted with the reduced Decay using ART. That's very intruiging. Not the Frequency response but the decay!

Top Bottom