• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1711578741163.jpeg

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1711578776025.jpeg

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh, this reminds me. Has happened several times. I've kept something thinking it would be useful or needed one day. For 10 years 20 years a couple times. One day I think, "well if I haven't needed it by now, don't guess I ever will." Then one month later or less, I NEEDED it.

Should have done like my Dad. I had one of the first versions of the Honda Accord. In those days parts weren't just everywhere for them. Had a thermostat go out in mine. They were for some reason, not round, but oblong with the thermostatic part a bit off center. I take it out the local parts place doesn't have one. My Dad looks at it and says, that looks like one for a 38 model Buick straight 8. I said, "well great I'll see if they have one of those." He says, " you don't have to, I've got a new one in a box I never used right here." Now I thought no way will that fit a metric Honda. Especially being oblong. Now I don't know, maybe they copied the Buick, it slid in like a perfectly machined fit. I used it another 100k miles and it was in it when I sold it.

Last edited:

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh, this reminds me. Has happened several times. I've kept something thinking it would be useful or needed one day. For 10 years 20 years a couple times. One day I think, "well if I haven't needed it by now, don't guess I ever will." Then one month later or less, I NEEDED it.
That's why we all have that Box-O-Cables.

Top Bottom