• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

rgpit

Forum Donor
Not sure if this is humorous or frightening. This college rates 4th from the bottom in the US News rankings. Some students don't seem college material.
Frightening and sad!

TheWalkman

Ah, Popcorn Sutton! Strange meme to tack on his photo, but he'd probably get a kick out of it.

I watched the YouTube documentary on PopCorn Sutton. Quite a character and fun watch This was the hillbilly take on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail.

Boris Badinov

Master Contributor
The Humorist

6ed7ef9ddbfb4a1718c89ce6c81863819e5c6f1dc1f8b0d665c0e5320162506e.png

Philbo King

Addicted to Fun and Learning
An American tourist in London had to pee really badly. He found there were no public restrooms in sight, so he decided to relieve himself in an alley. But as soon as he unzipped, a bobbie tapped him on the shoulder, asking what he was doing.
He explained his dilemna, and the bobbie said "Follow me."
He led the tourist around the corner, through a gate, and into a garden with waterfalls, flower beds and fountains. He said, "You can do your business here."
The tourist said, "Thanks! Is this what they call British hospitality?"
"No", replied the bobbie, "This is what we call the French Embassy!"

Waxx

Major Contributor
That reminds me. I've run into a couple young people with smartwatches that display an old style analog face. The people wearing them just thought it looked stylish, but couldn't read the time. Looked at their phone to see the actual time. :facepalm:
Here it's fancy for the hipsters to have the old mechanical watches, iwatches are already out of fashion. So a lot of hipster youth can read those now, but they see it as something special, while for me and most older people this was just a normal basic skill. They especially fancy the simple generic ones, not the high brow super expensive ones. More like this one in attachment (picture from internet, no id of brand and type). The more simple, the better, but it must be mechanical, with a winding system (no battery).

illustrative-editorial-vintage-vostok-russian-mechanical-watch-wrist-old-cold-war-sovietic-era-timepiece-golden-case-196457987.jpg

Philbo King

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Here it's fancy for the hipsters to have the old mechanical watches, iwatches are already out of fashion. So a lot of hipster youth can read those now, but they see it as something special, while for me and most older people this was just a normal basic skill. They especially fancy the simple generic ones, not the high brow super expensive ones. More like this one in attachment (picture from internet, no id of brand and type). The more simple, the better, but it must be mechanical, with a winding system (no battery).

illustrative-editorial-vintage-vostok-russian-mechanical-watch-wrist-old-cold-war-sovietic-era-timepiece-golden-case-196457987.jpg
I quit wearing them for good around 1992 due to reaching into a high voltage cage in a transmitter and burning a hole in my wrist due to the watchband glowing red. Punctuality is not worth dying for...

Top Bottom