• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Holmz

Major Contributor
The individual(s) involved had post(s) deleted and notification sent. You are not involved. Rest easy Sir. You are definitely being paranoid.

However, why exactly do you feel paranoid? Do we need to conduct a deep dive into your posting history? Did we possibly miss something. On second thought. We will get back to you. :oops:

:p
Well we were taking my great uncle out to dinner once.
I suggested a place in Nevada city, but he declined In favour of Denny’s.

I asked why he did not want to go there, and he said the bar tender there said that we would shoot him if showed hus face there again.
This was in ~88, and I asked when the event happened, as the uncle was ~90-95.

He said “back in ‘46.”

I said, “the fellow is probably not there anymore.”
Uncle said, “one does not live to 100 by ignoring people who say they are going to shoot you.”

He taught me to read and listen carefully… :cool:

KellenVancouver

Addicted to Fun and Learning
iu

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
We do not openly debate Moderation actions. The members involved know better than to post Political Content and that such posts are not permitted here. If your aim was to mess with us and cause us problems. You achieved your goals.

As very Senior Members you get extra privilege passes. But if you continue down this path you will find at some point that you have used up any remaining good will. Can we stop now. Please.
I had two posts that were removed. I had no intention whatsoever to mess with anyone. Nor did I complain. I simply thought both were humorous in a way that wouldn't bother anyone. I wasn't promoting or pushing any idea/person politically. One was a copy from a humorous satire website, and the other involved an equal number of Democrats and Republicans in USA politics. It didn't imply or intend anything whatsoever about either group. So I believed it wouldn't upset anyone, but might simply provide a chuckle being what I thought was a relatively non-political joke using political figures.

Now I will complain a little bit. I was told my post generated complaints. So it isn't a complaint about moderator action. If my post generated complaints they were appropriately removed. Simply a complaint that humor in current times triggers too many people when honestly, especially with my 2nd post I am at a total loss as to how it could have upset anyone whatsoever. I didn't even name any politicians, political ideas or promote or disparage any aspect of politics other than saying politicians were the source from which the post was generated. The post was as close as I can imagine to being totally content free without not being a post. I could have generated a post using my own initials. I assume that wouldn't have caused a complaint even though the words on the screen would be the same. So words that I said came from my initials is fine, but exact same words from a politician's initials upsets people? Wow.

Perhaps those who complained can send me a conversation as to what upset them. I promise not to reply, I just wonder what the thinking was. Or maybe the mods could send me the complaints with no names attached.

Sorry for causing problems. Perhaps the mods will remove this post as it upsets the flow of the thread. Just wanted to express my bewilderment.

Salt

Forum Donor
Had same issues within professional forum under pandemic circumstances.
Politics are humourless.

KellenVancouver

I had two posts that were removed. I had no intention whatsoever to mess with anyone. Nor did I complain. I simply thought both were humorous in a way that wouldn't bother anyone. I wasn't promoting or pushing any idea/person politically. One was a copy from a humorous satire website, and the other involved an equal number of Democrats and Republicans in USA politics. It didn't imply or intend anything whatsoever about either group. So I believed it wouldn't upset anyone, but might simply provide a chuckle being what I thought was a relatively non-political joke using political figures.

Now I will complain a little bit. I was told my post generated complaints. So it isn't a complaint about moderator action. If my post generated complaints they were appropriately removed. Simply a complaint that humor in current times triggers too many people when honestly, especially with my 2nd post I am at a total loss as to how it could have upset anyone whatsoever. I didn't even name any politicians, political ideas or promote or disparage any aspect of politics other than saying politicians were the source from which the post was generated. The post was as close as I can imagine to being totally content free without not being a post. I could have generated a post using my own initials. I assume that wouldn't have caused a complaint even though the words on the screen would be the same. So words that I said came from my initials is fine, but exact same words from a politician's initials upsets people? Wow.

Perhaps those who complained can send me a conversation as to what upset them. I promise not to reply, I just wonder what the thinking was. Or maybe the mods could send me the complaints with no names attached.

Sorry for causing problems. Perhaps the mods will remove this post as it upsets the flow of the thread. Just wanted to express my bewilderment.
Can't blame the moderators having to deal with complainers, they're caught between a rock and a hard place. I certainly see your point, however, that people today have generally become waaaay to sensitive and too easily devolve into complainers. Especially online. But this is a humor forum, so...
1701646200829.png

Top Bottom