• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Boris Badinov

Master Contributor
The Humorist

download-2-2-1.jpg

Andretti60

“Globilization”?! These meme-makers don’t even know how to spell.
And didn’t we ask to stop gender-related jokes full of stereotypes?
Historical note: men started wearing trousers recently, late 19th century, before that they were wearing skirts, leggings and breeches. People who created that meme not only do not know how to spell, probably they never took an art class and never visit a museum.
Please stop, these supposed “jokes” are not funny.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Historical note: men started wearing trousers recently, late 19th century, before that they were wearing skirts, leggings and breeches. People who created that meme not only do not know how to spell, probably they never took an art class and never visit a museum.
Despite spelling at least the Austria one is accurate. It is the same guy at different times. I also don't see it about gender stereotypes exactly. It about men. There are such things as men. Fashions change.

Last edited:

bkatbamna

111909946_medium_1494310801.jpg

Keep the jokes coming. The more on-the-edge, the better.

bkatbamna

Reminds me of this story:
It was "What job does your father have" day at the elementary school. Billy was really fidgeting and looked uncomfortable. Finally when it was his turn, he got up and told the class:
"My dad dances at the local males only bar. He strips clothing while dancing and sometimes when we need the money, he goes home with some of the men that show up there"
The teacher is horrified at hearing this and asks Billy to stay after class so she can help the family. At the end of the day she asks Billy: "Is your dad really a stripper and a male prostitute?"
Billy says: "No, he isn't. He's the quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys but I'm not going to admit that in public."

OldHvyMec

Forum Donor
"Best speaker(s) for a mini home cinema setup
I'm setting up a projector in my tiny bedroom, which measures only 8.5 x 7.75 feet. I moved here".

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I couldn't help myself.

I suggest really small speakers or better yet build an Amphitheater next to the mini home. The mini shit can only go so far. LOL

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Where “on the edge“ means punch down as hard as possible
My concern is who is the sender of these message the humour tread now has a couple of dozens “memes” or maybe hundreds scooped of from political troll factories and fake news sites ?

When did this start to happen ?

I understand that the supply of fresh comedy is not endless, and one has to cast a wide net to get some new funny stuff. And far side and Dilbert and other funny stuff might have copyright issues and linking to other sites migth sometimes break forum rules.

Bullies tend to alway excuse the self by saying “it was only a joke” .

So even if some stuff are funny , it can still be part of massive desinformation campaigns where the humour is secondary to the message . If have no problems with offensive jokes . But take offense when some other agendas creeps in to the humour tread.

Keith_W

Major Contributor
327335366_731958208247986_4868761709234723145_n.jpg

Our six-year-old handed us a note. His teacher had called my wife and I in for an emergency meeting. We asked our son if he had any idea why and he said, "She didn't like a drawing I did."
We went in the next day.
His teacher pulled the drawing below out and said, "I asked him to draw his familv and he drew this. Would vou mind explaining?"
"Not at all." my wife said. "Family vacation. Snorkelling off the Bahamas."

Top Bottom