• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

JSmith

Master Contributor
1613619704991.png

JSmith

Stokdoof

Forum Donor
Hi All,

Just to share the following tweak:

I prepared the following experiment to improve the sound of my system by adapting interlinks like described below.
The difference I hear is incredible.
So much more juicy and sweat the sound, like never before.
Pity I cannot do measurements since I do not own the proper equipment.

1613634125274.png

• Interlink Update :
Take 2 Pink Lady or Elstar apples and use a tool called “appelboor” or “apple corer” to remove the core.
Feed both cables trough their own apple and connect it to your system.

• My Setup:
ATC SMC7 - Audiophonics Hypex Ncore 252 – Updated Oehlbach N214 Master Interlinks - Chord hugo 2 – Red light district - Bluesound Node 2 – Roon pad/Macbook

Enjoy the music,

Thanks,
Stokdoof,

Wombat

Master Contributor
Hi All,

I prepared the following experiment to improve the sound of my system by adapting interlinks like described below.

View attachment 113295

• Interlink Update :
Take 2 Pink Lady or Elstar apples and use a tool called “appelboor” or “apple corer” to remove the core.

• My Setup:
ATC SMC7 - Audiophonics Hypex Ncore 252 – Updated Oehlbach N214 Master Interlinks - Chord hugo 2 – Red light district - Bluesound Node 2 – Roon pad/Macbook

Enjoy the music,

Thanks,
Stokdoof,

It works with the MacBook so you must have inserted the Apple 'handshake' chip. ;)

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi All,

View attachment 113295

• Interlink Update :

• My Setup:

Enjoy the music,

Thanks,
Stokdoof,
Impressive, but given the hard core removal, is there some risk with HC music interference? Or is it no-matter-genre audiophile upgrade?

Last edited:

Stokdoof

Forum Donor
Impressive, but given the hard core removal, is there some risk with HC music interference? Or is it no-matter-genre audiophile upgrade?

This is a solution is for any type of music, but I can warn you the presentation can appear a bit ’seedless’.
After a week the alcoholic rotten apple smell does add an extra dimension to a live rock music experience.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
more from the Polk forums; a YT this time. I found this amusing, YMMV, of course (trigger warning if one is not fond of crasser language, though).
I just watched the subtitles, FWIW.

Top Bottom