• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Boris Badinov

Master Contributor
The Humorist
aliens.jpg

the_hamster 2

Early in this thread, there was a link to this “Audio Bacon” site, in the context of “audiophile” USB cables, and the virtues of a $1000 number being evaluated...what struck me whilst reading the article was this:

The inexpensive Supra CAT8 Ethernet cable (~$50) is a great place to start. If you can’t hear the difference there – consider yourself lucky
I would perform measurements, but it’s more efficient for me to listen, describe what I hear, and decide what I prefer. And continue on with my journey. That is the way of the Audio Bacon.

I submit that this is the defining philosophy of audiophilism, and nothing - NOTHING - will ever dislodge an adherent from the position.
https://audiobacon.net/2019/11/02/the-jcat-signature-lan-a-1000-ethernet-cable/amp/

Dmitri

Forum Donor
You know, I was splitting firewood today and I couldn’t get that damn song out of my head. Thanks for the earworm Boris. It made my time Oh so much more enjoyable....over and over and over Oh my god stoooooppppp!!!! . ; )

Cuz you know...it’s not a good idea to drive people crazy while they’re swinging an 8lb. maul. Just sayin’.

Boris Badinov

Master Contributor
The Humorist
You know, I was splitting firewood today and I couldn’t get that damn song out of my head. Thanks for the earworm Boris. It made my time Oh so much more enjoyable....over and over and over Oh my god stoooooppppp!!!! . ; )

Cuz you know...it’s not a good idea to drive people crazy while they’re swinging an 8lb. maul. Just sayin’.
Don't feel bad, after posting that one I had to look it up on youtube to remember all the words....what a mistake!!!!

JSmith

Master Contributor
NOTHING - will ever dislodge an adherent from the position.
This makes me feel unwell;
Some Ethernet cables have filter blocks, proprietary shielding designs, higher quality conductors, and connectors. All of these design decisions seem to shape the RFI noise that ends up in the analog section of your components. There’s no way to completely eliminate noise – but manufacturers are finding ways to mitigate it.
What a load of absolute bollocks and this knob has the audacity to say he used to be an IT installer? Clearly this fella has not heard of data transfer and error correction.

1613527352779.png

JSmith

Dmitri

Forum Donor
This makes me feel unwell;

What a load of absolute bollocks and this knob has the audacity to say he used to be an IT installer? Clearly this fella has not heard of data transfer and error correction.

View attachment 113040

JSmith
Limes. What a mistake. Kumquats are the way to go for isolation. Limes are great for Margaritas, but transfer vibration and tend to augment RF interference. I know this because I get a buzz from Margaritas.

JSmith

Master Contributor
Limes. What a mistake. Kumquats are the way to go for isolation. Limes are great for Margaritas, but transfer vibration and tend to augment RF interference. I know this because I get a buzz from Margaritas.
LoL… I bet those little red discs under the limes cost $100 each and likely have magical properties. ;)

JSmith

Top Bottom