• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Boris Badinov

Master Contributor
The Humorist
Screen-Shot-2022-06-17-at-1.22.45-PM.jpg

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
It's probably already been posted a thousand times, but I just came across this video and thought it was funny.
Very interesting video. When he says "I play it in a different position", what does that mean? I have never heard the term position used before but then I'm not a music expert at all. In fact I'm fairly ignorant.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Very interesting video. When he says "I play it in a different position", what does that mean? I have never heard the term position used before but then I'm not a music expert at all. In fact I'm fairly ignorant.
Strings sound very different depending on the position where you pick, plug or bow them. Right in the middle you create 'only' the fundamental tone, the more you go away from the center position the more higher harmonics are created.

Top Bottom