• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

Rate this IEM:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 34 10.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 288 86.2%

• Total voters

bargainguy

Just wanted to say thanks for the review!

I ordered directly from Linsoul. They have a promotion where in exchange for your email address, they give a certain amount off in a spinning wheel.

My spinning wheel was $8 off, so total was $16.99 USD, with shipping.

Lbstyling

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Got my salnote zero2's a couple of days ago.

Not a patch on the truthear REDs to my ears.

Highly detailed. I can genuinely hear lots of things I can't on the REDs but they are just not 'right' for some reason.

I have tried several EQ profiles using wavelet, which improve them, however, the bass and treble just aren't right whatever I do.

I guess fitment/seal isn't as good for me? Tried lots of tips.

Last edited:

nawfal07

Got this exact case for almost 8 years now. Perfect size and didnt fall apart. Highly recommended

8 years, wow. It does look sturdy though. I’m keeping it for backup.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Got my salnote zero2's a couple of days ago.

Highly detailed. I can genuinely hear lots of things I can't on the REDs but they are just not 'right' for some reason.

I have tried several EQ profiles using wavelet, which improve them, however, the bass and treble just aren't right whatever I do.

I guess fitment/seal isn't as good for me? Tried lots of tips.
Think I agree with you about “rightness“ after a couple more hours with them and some eq. I've got a good seal but there is something not quite good about them. I'm experimenting with shelving down the last 10 kHz a little.

Cote Dazur

Think I agree with you about “rightness“ after a couple more hours with them

Same here, they are right, in their own sense, but not right like the Zero Blue sound to me.
Not on the same level, to me.
I am glad, I purchased them, as the performance is still amazing and they are so little money (to me), that I would recommend anyone to give them a go.
I am just so fortunate that I went for the Zero blue first, as, to this day, they set a standard for IEM experience for me, that might be hard to beat. Knowing how fit and shape is important, it might just be a perfect fit to my ears that make them so special for me.

Wishing all music lover out there that 2024 will be the year you find you perfect matching IEM.

bmarshall

I have been really enjoying these now for a few days, wont repeat a lot of the praise that has already been given here as i think its all been said. For anyone debating these they get a solid recomendation from me.

The only area these are lacking for me at the moment is isolation. Not a problem in quiet home environment but with a bit of background noise, or out walking it becomes an issue. More so than the Truthear Reds or Novas I have been using most recently. I think the smaller body and thinner feeling plastic is probably what leads to this. Id like to try foam tips to see if that improves things. Has anyone got any recommendations for foam tips that work with the Zero:2s? Im currently.using the large silicon tips that came with the novas as none of the tips with Zeros worked. The foam tips though i think are a little long for the shorter nozzle on the zero. Same with some comply tips i had already. Maybe something shorter and more spherical?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I have been really enjoying these now for a few days, wont repeat a lot of the praise that has already been given here as i think its all been said. For anyone debating these they get a solid recomendation from me.

The only area these are lacking for me at the moment is isolation. Not a problem in quiet home environment but with a bit of background noise, or out walking it becomes an issue. More so than the Truthear Reds or Novas I have been using most recently. I think the smaller body and thinner feeling plastic is probably what leads to this. Id like to try foam tips to see if that improves things. Has anyone got any recommendations for foam tips that work with the Zero:2s? Im currently.using the large silicon tips that came with the novas as none of the tips with Zeros worked. The foam tips though i think are a little long for the shorter nozzle on the zero. Same with some comply tips i had already. Maybe something shorter and more spherical?
See my post above. Seal really well if you know your size( they sell multi size trial packs too)

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Do these offer any more isolation that a standard silicon tip?
They seem to stick better meaning you can maybe use a slightly larger size than you would normally

Dmitri

Forum Donor
Just ordered the original zero. Got curious given Amir’s statement that he preferred it over the unequalized 2.
I love that I can afford to purchase something of this caliber simply because I’m curious... ;)
Thanks Jimbob for the tip tip. Not a huge fan of those provided. Makes me laugh that they are over half the price of the actual IEM’s though!

Palladium

So…not going through 22 pages of commentary…too much to keep up. Just got mine from Amazon today, and I‘m floored. Flat out freakin’ floored.
Wow.
My overall system investment has to be north of 15k, and I’m sitting here rocking out with $25 earbuds and an iPad. :facepalm:

Thank you AmIr for opening up for me a whole new world of sonic goodness. Seriously. These damn things are amazing.

It becomes funnier when you see piling on cheap products while giving passes for much more expensive ones even on a site like ASR.

markanini

Major Contributor
Just ordered the original zero. Got curious given Amir’s statement that he preferred it over the unequalized 2.
I love that I can afford to purchase something of this caliber simply because I’m curious... ;)
Thanks Jimbob for the tip tip. Not a huge fan of those provided. Makes me laugh that they are over half the price of the actual IEM’s though!
Before Amir started reviewing these budget IEMs I bought a dozen popular sets below $50. They all have subtle differences and it's quite satisfying to be able to choose the one I like the best. If you end up liking the resolving style of the original 7Hz Zero I'd recommend Moondrop Lan or Tin C2, the later can be moded into something quite impressive and each have drivers borrowed from pricier sets.

Last edited:

Χ Ξ Σ

Forum Donor
2024 begins with Zero2.
IMG_7422.jpeg

threni

Major Contributor
This is almost certainly nothing to do with the Zero 2 - perhaps it's actually an Apple USB dongle audio artefact - but as I listen to various tracks with these iems i notice that when there's silence in the tune I can hear very faint "electronic sounding noises" through the iems. As soon as the music starts this stops. So I guess (I could explore this) there's a difference between "the waveform shows nothing" and "the music is really, really quiet". Also, if I turn the volume up (on moOde) during the period where I hear the noises, they actually reduce in volume. I've never noticed this on the same system with "normal" headphones. Is this, as the kids say, "a thing"?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Do these offer any more isolation that a standard silicon tip?
And yes, after a bit more testing, they offer better isolation. Still leaks external sound in- this isnt Etymotic levels of isolation but with the Azlas I get better isolation than with similar sized Spinfits.

Dmitri

Forum Donor
I'd like to upgrade the cable to something better, but I can't abide the cable prices I'm seeing as 50-75% the cost of the IEM's themselves!

I'm still clumsily A/Bing, but I still prefer the Zero V1 so far. Less bass quantity, but more quality. Jury on the midrange is still out.
I wouldn't bother. Assuming the cables provided are sturdy enough and the appropriate length for your needs, they won’t sound any better.
Enjoy your A/B-ing…I’ll be doing much the same in a few days. I suspect I’m going to end up with a whole drawer full of IEM’s before this journey’s over. :facepalm:

sealpin

Thanks @amirm for the review.
I purchased one set and it arrived just today.

Unfortunately I am not able to get a good seal with either of the supplied tips. So sound particular in bass region is substandard, unless I take my finger to add some pressure to the inears to create the seal (not vary practical as you can imagine :) ).

Any ideas what kind of tips I could check to create better seal?

Btw.: with the HIDIZS MP145 and the supplied tips (size L) I can get perfect seal.

Top Bottom