• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

Rate this IEM:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 34 10.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 288 86.2%

• Total voters

Palladium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I am stunned at how good everything sounds. I spent a couple of hours just randomly jumping from genre to genre, disk to disk. I have Senn 6XX and Hifiman Sundara and decent DACs, so hardly the dark ages. I feel like I just bought the new Dan Clark's...but for $25:D

It's also only a zillion times more practical than a Dan Clark too!

Palladium

Well, about 80 times more practical anyway (as in 80 times cheaper):)

I'm exaggerating of course on my last post. But these next-to-free IEMs are so much easier to store than headphones, and you won't get one bit of heartache rough handling them or risk using them in the rain etc.

nawfal07

Speaking of protection, I also bought this along with the ZERO:2 for $0.65.

1703677486097.jpeg

IEM old-timers will probably be laughing, but I’m not even sure I will like using an IEM if I do I will be looking for a better one.

TurtlePaul

Well, about 80 times more practical anyway (as in 80 times cheaper):)
Also, DCA Stealth weight nearly a pound themselves and are insensitive enough that you need to carry something more than a phone dongle to use them portably.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Decided that the Zero 2 is worthy of a new cable as the original is a tanglefest, I chose a £20 Tripowin Zonie in 4.4mm from Amazon and it’s definitely an improvement in cable feel and use.

53424529278_76ecd77a4d_h.jpg

OnLyTNT

You guys are killing me because mine won’t arrive for another month and I paid $25 for it.
Well, you are not alone, my order got stuck at pre-order stage :confused:. At least my Zero red is on its way, arriving soon, yay !

Deckard01

Hello is there any version with mic included?

Moreover has anyone the Tanchjim Zero so as to compare? As Andy has hyped very much the Tanchjim Zero for their tuning as far as price concerned.

Also is there any iem in this price range that is better than Salnotes 2?

Thank you all.

NoteMakoti

Mine won’t come until Friday; Amazon offered one-day shipping but I hate using Prime for small stuff like this so I didn’t bother. Now I’m kicking myself, the hype is killing me.

SlothRock

Mine won’t come until Friday; Amazon offered one-day shipping but I hate using Prime for small stuff like this so I didn’t bother. Now I’m kicking myself, the hype is killing me.
If it helps at all, I am listening to them right now and they’re amazing

375HP2482

Are you serious? Read measurements and reviews on here with comprehension.

Underlying technology and number of drivers don't matter if frequency response and distortion are out of whack.
I decided to buy the Salnotes based on Amir's measurements showing low distortion at all levels. The target frequency response was a plus, but mostly in its smoothness which meant I could easily EQ it to taste, just as he does in his reviews. It's the same old story: frequency response (resonance) is easier to deal with than nonlinearity.

In the end I didn't use much EQ, if any. A definite plus: just plug into my Pixel 3a and relax.

threni

Major Contributor
Thanks. I like a very wide range of music, including what you mentioned. I just like to know that there's a bit more if I want it.
Ok, just for you I dismantled my portable Pi Zero W/moOde/Apple US USB dongle/Zero:2 system and swapped in my original UK Apple dongle. With Amir's EQ and with -5db pre-gain (to prove a point, but unnecessary as I don't hear any problems with no pregain) there's no need to go above about 75% of max volume on anything I just trialled (jazz, classical, electronic) and a lot less in most cases.

Top Bottom