• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

3e Audio SY-DAPx002 TPA3250/TPA3255 DSP Amplifier

spacevector

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
@3eaudio, is an input fuse used on the SY-DAP2002? Can you please provide rating of the component used - 250V, 5A?

@3eaudio, is an input fuse used on the SY-DAP2002? Can you please provide rating of the component used - 250V, 5A?
You'd better ask them what capacity the capacitors are in the output stages. Their capacity will indirectly determine the amplifier will produce a signal of 30 hertz with a level of -14 decibels relative to the overall signal level, or with a level of -2 decibels. The aliexpress marketplace is currently filled with various TPA3255 implementations. Moreover, those implementations in which you see 4 capacitors of 470 microfarads each have a more or less flat frequency response from only 80 hertz and above. Below 80 hertz is the strongest decline. And sellers try to photograph the amplifier boards in such a way that the capacitance of the capacitors is not visible.

At the moment, circumstances are developing in such a way that sellers on aliexpress, instead of providing buyers with information about the real characteristics of the ready-made amplifiers they sell, as well as information about measurement techniques, only fragmentarily provide information from the official datasheet regarding the potential characteristics of amplifiers that could have turned out. Provided the design engineer adheres to Texas Instruments' recommendations for TPA3255 connection methods. However, even a cursory glance at Texas Instruments' SLASEA8A sections 10.2.3 and 10.2.4 regarding TPA3255 shows us the highly variable decicion range of Chinese design engineers. And what they get there in the finished devices is partly a mystery.

For example. Different implementations. In different stores. And no data on the parameters of finished products. Data from Texas Instruments Information Release only.

Attachments

• tpa3255.jpg
    tpa3255.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 250
  • 3eaudio.jpg
    3eaudio.jpg
    870.3 KB · Views: 218

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
3E are one of the few who present actual data. The amp modules' datasheets contain AP plots that aren't from TI's datasheet. I'm hoping they'll do the same for the finished amps, but they haven't so far, and it would be good to see some independent confirmation.

Ralferator

You'd better ask them what capacity the capacitors are in the output stages. Their capacity will indirectly determine the amplifier will produce a signal of 30 hertz with a level of -14 decibels relative to the overall signal level, or with a level of -2 decibels. The aliexpress marketplace is currently filled with various TPA3255 implementations. Moreover, those implementations in which you see 4 capacitors of 470 microfarads each have a more or less flat frequency response from only 80 hertz and above. Below 80 hertz is the strongest decline. And sellers try to photograph the amplifier boards in such a way that the capacitance of the capacitors is not visible.

Can you please give some examples of amps sold on aliexpress, that have this strong decline below 80 hz?

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi,

Just received my SY-DAP2002 this morning. How can I power it up? (I'm in Europe with 220V)

Backside is almost the same as DAP1002 but with a small fan hole:

1607419005887.png

spacevector

Forum Donor
Here's the back of my unit with the holes for the fan.

View attachment 98006
When you open up the device, will you please take a look at the mains input section and see if there is fuse in it? I asked the manufacturer, but no response yet.

Also the mains input rating seems wrong - I think for the SY-DAP2002 there are separate models for EU and NA unlike the SY-DAP1002 which has universal mains input (100-240V). Thoughts?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001849585611.html

1607472913760.png

spacevector

Forum Donor
When you open up the device, will you please take a look at the mains input section and see if there is fuse in it? I asked the manufacturer, but no response yet.

Also the mains input rating seems wrong - I think for the SY-DAP2002 there are separate models for EU and NA unlike the SY-DAP1002 which has universal mains input (100-240V). Thoughts?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001849585611.html

View attachment 98118
@3eaudio got back to me with a response - copied below in bold. Thank you!
FUSE used on DAP1002 and DAP2002 are both 250V/5A

BTW, my unit was delivered to @amirm last week! Quite looking forward to the review when he gets around to it!

PNWer

@AfterThought you are almost right,there are 3 main reason for why we make this AIO amplifier.
  1. combination with our current product with DSP,power supply and amplifier
  2. within $100 budget but with good design and build quality.
  3. build-in aluminum case for people who don't want build it as separated
for other idea and suggestion like USB/SPDIF/External I2S,higher performance ADC/DAC,we all understand this but only consider in further product if we continues to make it.

I'm looking for power amp modules for use in surround situation.
Ideally, it would be 8 channels with XLR inputs and SpeakOn outputs.
(the front 3 will be Purifi or Hypex for higher power).
TPA3255 will have sufficient power for surround speakers.
The lower heat in Class D amp are great .

zachery2006

I'm looking for power amp modules for use in surround situation.
Ideally, it would be 8 channels with XLR inputs and SpeakOn outputs.
(the front 3 will be Purifi or Hypex for higher power).
TPA3255 will have sufficient power for surround speakers.
The lower heat in Class D amp are great .

Then, what’s the point you want to make it here?

Top Bottom