Search results

1. G

Streaming service that allows for sorting by genre

It seems so hard to find, and it should be so easy? I'm in dire need of filtering my library by genre. In the morning I'd like to browse through my classical records. I currently use Roon, but not sure if I want to keep it (costst). But if Tidal (currently using) would allow for filtering by...
  2. G

Is the DAC of the bluesound node 2 so bad you can hear it?

I know the DAC of the bluesound node 2 is bad. I have absolutely no clue if the DAC of the Bluesound node 2 is audibly bad in a dedicated listening room. Furthermore. My sub delay is 2.6 ms. Is that important for listening? The question is that using a BS2 I could use Roon for DSP. But then...
  3. G

Hifiberry Digi+ idle standard output

Dear fellow forum members, If I connect a RP4 with a HifiBerry Digi+ standard to an amp with automatic signal detect (auto sense) Would it keep sending some sort of idle signal (optical out) when the RP4 is in standby mode? Since I'd be using 2 optical inputs (xbox and RP4 streamer) I would...
  4. G

Using DSP in Roon with 2.1 setup, what device?

Dear fellow forum members, Since I have Roon I have used DSP in my living room (2.0 setup) with a Bluesound Node 2. Currently in my dedicated listening room I use a minidsp flex with DIRAC live. However, a little DSP should be good enough for my 2.1 setup. What device would be suitable for...
  5. G

Using Tidal Connect on a raspberry pi without Volumio

Dear fellow forum members, I'd like to use Tidal Connect on my raspberry pi's. However, I strongly dislike repeated payments. Therefore, I don't want to wish Volumio. A lifetime fee would be no issue, but that is not possible at the moment. Anyone know of a free or one-time payment way to get...
  6. G

BubbleUPNP and Tidal: 24/192 possible?

Dear forum members, Is it possible to get the max bitrate through BubblePNP (-> MiniDSP flex) on android? Tidal now has Flac on a max bitrate of 24-bit/96kHz but it's not working on BubbleUPNP. Anyone know why/a workaround?
  7. G

CD-player current leak front plate, fix with TRS - RCA?

Dear fellow forum members, If I have a small leak current of my CD player with digital out (to MinidSP flex via TRS - XLR to grounded amp) and I would like to get rid of this current. I feel the current on my hands when I swap CD's. I find this annoying. Would plugging an RCA - TRS from CD...
  8. G

Power switch for amplifiers (hypex), dac (minidsp flex) harmfull?

Dear fellow forum members, I use a power switch to kill power for all devices in my dedicated listening room because I don't like unneccessary power consumption. The set is composed of a RP4, MiniDSP flex (balanced) and two Hypex amplifier (NC500 MP for the sub and NC502MP for the speakers)...
  9. G

Use pre-out of Onkyo TX-NR535 to miniDSP 2x4 HD / DDRC-24 to same amplifier?

Dear valued forum members, For a friend I'm trying to help with a budget setup for DSP and/or DIRAC. Set up (currently): Onkyo TX-NR535 with two large tower speakers. Goal: control the bass (wall placement for both coach and speakers, alternative placement not possible). Secondary goal: maximum...
  10. G

MiniDSP flex (balanced): Bluetooth (LDAC) vs Moode (spotify and local files)

Dear forum members, Would you deem it unlikely that there is an audible difference between the following setup: 1. Spotify or VLC (SAMBA, FLAC files) -> Phone (bluetooth, LDAC) -(bluetooth)> MiniDSP flex balanced -> nCore amps + focal chora 216 + custom sub 2. Spotify or SAMBA, FLAC files ->...
  11. G

RP4 + Moode audio: gain?

Dear fellow forum member, I have a RP4 running Moode, Xbox and phono pre feeding a DDRC-24 (feeding a Sony TA-530R amplifier). The volume of the RP4 is a lot lower than the xbox and phono. To make things easier at home, it would be great if I could increase the output volume of the RP4 so...
  12. G

Idle power consumption and longevity of DDRC-24

Dear fellow forum members, I'm using a DDRC-24 in the living room. It is convenient to just leave it on (I'm trying to keep it simple downstairs for the family). An idle DDRC-24 get's a bit warm. Does anyone dare to guess if this results in a strongly reduced span of life? Kind regards, Geert
  13. G

What kind of room treatment

Setup: 1. Focal Chorda 816 with custom EQ as posted in original review bij Amir + custom made 2 x 10" subwoofer. 2. Room = 5,5 x 3,3 meters but on top floor, so diagonal ceiling (how to phrase this in English) in combination with a dormer. 3. Sub crawl method to position sub in left front corner...
  14. G

Noob tutorial DIRAC computer + DAC for 2.1/2.2 setup

Dear forum members, Since I've moved my MiniDSP flex to the living room (where DIRAC was very needed) I'm rebuilding my dedicated listening room. Gear that I currently use: Source + DAC: Bluesound Node 2 Amplifiers: Ghent Audio nCore NC252MP (speakers) + Ghen Audio nCore NC500MP (subwoofer)...
  15. G

Using only 1 driver of a 2 x 10" push/pull (enclosed) subwoofer, technical explanation?

Dear forum members, Using the 'sub crawl method' I have recently placed my closed (non-ported) 2 x 10" push pull subwoofer in the left corner of my room (approximately 3,5 x 5,5 meters). This subwoofer is supporting my pair of KEF R3's and is powered by a nCore NC500MP (the KEF's by NC252MP)...
  16. G

Speaker stands: remove the speaker feet?

Dear fellow members, My last question that keeps hunting me: I have speaker feet in the shape of spikes. They easily damage the floor when moving around speakers. Does it really matter if i just remove them and put soft pads under them? I have KEF R3 with Dynaudio stand 10. I understand that...
  17. G

Which to sell, rbp4 or Bluesound Node N100

Dear forum members, I have an old Bluesound Node N100 (the old square box) and a rasp pi 4b. I can use both to feed my minidsp flex. On the raspberry pi4 I'd prefer to use PiCorePlayer so can use my ssd with some music on it as well (SAMBA). Is there any possible difference in sound quality...
  18. G

Why does DIRAC completely remove bass response (KEF R3 + sub + minidsp flex)

Dear fellow forum members, First of this forum has helped me a lot with choosing my speakers. Hopefully you can aid me in my DIRAC problems. I have used DIRAC extensively in the past on my NAD C658, I'm familiar with how everything works. Hence my suprise to what happened when I applied DIRAC...
  19. G

Positioning Genelecs 8030c mid field w/ sub

Dear fellow members, For a few months now I have been enjoying a pair of Genelec 8030c with a custom build sub (powered by a Ghent Audio nCoren 500 w amp). I use a minidsp flex (balanced) for EQ and DSP and so far it is working well. The genelecs are free standing in a room of 4 x 5 meter...
  20. G

Wanted: streamer with optical + analog in / optical out (as simple as possible)

Hi fellow audiophiles, Since a forum in my native language keeps advising different cables et cetera, I figure this may be the ideal place to ask this question. I've been enjoying my NAD C658 for a few years now. However, since I moved with a house with a bigger room and like measuring and...
Top Bottom