• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Using DSP in Roon with 2.1 setup, what device?

Geertidow

Dear fellow forum members,

Since I have Roon I have used DSP in my living room (2.0 setup) with a Bluesound Node 2.
Currently in my dedicated listening room I use a minidsp flex with DIRAC live.
However, a little DSP should be good enough for my 2.1 setup.

What device would be suitable for:

1. Roon
2. Time delay for subwoofer output.
3. DSP (preferably sub and speakers, but as in DIRAC a 2.0 DSP setup (Left right) is also fine).
4. Optional: MQA (not a big fan, but if it's still in the market I wouldn't mind being able to decode it).

Hope to hear from you!

EDIT: I'm perfectly fine keeping the setup like this, just wondering if the chain could be simpler

Last edited:

Mikig

Dear fellow forum members,

Since I have Roon I have used DSP in my living room (2.0 setup) with a Bluesound Node 2.
Currently in my dedicated listening room I use a minidsp flex with DIRAC live.
However, a little DSP should be good enough for my 2.1 setup.

What device would be suitable for:

1. Roon
2. Time delay for subwoofer output.
3. DSP (preferably sub and speakers, but as in DIRAC a 2.0 DSP setup (Left right) is also fine).
4. Optional: MQA (not a big fan, but if it's still in the market I wouldn't mind being able to decode it).

Hope to hear from you!

EDIT: I'm perfectly fine keeping the setup like this, just wondering if the chain could be simpler
Hi,

I'm using 2.0, I'm also trying to figure out how to make Roon's DSP work, since it's already built-in.
Anyone use it?
I started from a graph of my speakers found online and tried to bring the lowest points to the "average".

OP
G

Geertidow

I ended up ditching Roon for LMS with the material skin.
All the same features without the high costs.
DSP through the MiniDSP flex (2.1) and downstairs with the WiiM Pro.
I end up knowing that 5 eur/usd is kind of the max for a software subscription for me.

Mikig

yes, it's not free, but it's a nice system.
By now I'm used to using Roon, I have TIDAL and Qobuz as streamers.
Now I'm starting to use all the extra functions, such as the parametric equalizer, it seems quite simple to me. And it works well too.

Mikig

the only thing I wonder is whether it is better and makes a difference, having the equalizer upstream of the chain or downstream.

OP
G

Geertidow

I don't think it makes any audible difference, since it's all digital.

Top Bottom