• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

MiniDSP flex (balanced): Bluetooth (LDAC) vs Moode (spotify and local files)

Geertidow

Dear forum members,

Would you deem it unlikely that there is an audible difference between the following setup:
1. Spotify or VLC (SAMBA, FLAC files) -> Phone (bluetooth, LDAC) -(bluetooth)> MiniDSP flex balanced -> nCore amps + focal chora 216 + custom sub
2. Spotify or SAMBA, FLAC files -> RP4 (moode) -(USB)-> MiniDSP flex balanced -> nCore amps + focal chora 216 + custom sub

There is a small loss of data, but would it be relevant?

Thanks for the lossless input ;-)!

staticV3

Master Contributor
Would you deem it unlikely that there is an audible difference between the following setup:
If the Bluetooth connection is stable and LDAC is set to 44.1/48kHz (check developer options), then yes. I would.

OP
G

Geertidow

OK I have worked it out and it's working.
But: how do I check if the output of my Samsung S23 is actually 990 kbps? Any way to check this?

staticV3

Master Contributor
But: how do I check if the output of my Samsung S23 is actually 990 kbps? Any way to check this?
You can enable the Developer options, then configure all kinds of parameters for the Bluetooth connection:
Screenshot_20230802-121751.jpg

When connected via LDAC, you can also select the bitrate here.

tifune

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You can enable the Developer options, then configure all kinds of parameters for the Bluetooth connection:
View attachment 302826

When connected via LDAC, you can also select the bitrate here.

Unfortunately, at least with my still-supported S10 5G, you have to adjust these every time you connect via LDAC. They revert to default on disconnect.

also, when set to 909/990, I experience frequent dropouts unless screen is off and Location services are disabled. It must be a known issue because the suggestion came from Qudelix.

to anyone with newer models/OS, do you experience these issues?

OP
G

Geertidow

Seems like a better option to keep the rp4 with moode

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have a similar situation. I use a Pixel 6 Pro, but what LDAC bitrate is used is unknown to me.
So i bought a bluetooth dongle for my PC, and Debian Linux told me that it uses LDAC, but again not what data rate.
Both sound perfectly fine to me, mind you.

Anyway, i decided life is to short for LDAC and went back to use Moode. Playing local stuff is perfect and Spotify plays as well.
If you have other sources, they will likely play with the DLNA target in Moode.

Moode became a kind of swiss audio knife for me.

OP
G

Geertidow

I have a similar situation. I use a Pixel 6 Pro, but what LDAC bitrate is used is unknown to me.
So i bought a bluetooth dongle for my PC, and Debian Linux told me that it uses LDAC, but again not what data rate.
Both sound perfectly fine to me, mind you.

Anyway, i decided life is to short for LDAC and went back to use Moode. Playing local stuff is perfect and Spotify plays as well.
If you have other sources, they will likely play with the DLNA target in Moode.

Moode became a kind of swiss audio knife for me.
Same here, I completely agree with you on this. No audible difference, but ease of use is just great.

Top Bottom