• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Trinnov Altitude 16 Review (AV Processor)

Dimifoot

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
One nice thing about the SDP-75 is that it comes with the Harman target curve (that I am using) as well as PEQ settings for Revel speakers (ditto). I actually don't know what Trinnov's default target curve is like...

Dimifoot

Forum Donor
One nice thing about the SDP-75 is that it comes with the Harman target curve (that I am using) as well as PEQ settings for Revel speakers (ditto). I actually don't know what Trinnov's default target curve is like...
Flat line- no target curve.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
117in. Size matters.

and OLED can deliver these sizes, while the largest off the shelf OLED TV is 83in, they can really cut panels exactly to your liking when you're paying Trinnov prices.

It's just seem a little disturbing that a person would pay that much money for audio but very little (in comparision) to video, specially considering that our sight is way way more developed than our hearing is and the law of diminishing returns hits much much higher up.

Dimifoot

Forum Donor
So you can buy 117in OLED with 17000$ ?

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Flat line- no target curve.

Ouch, I would not have expected that... OTOH maybe that is a reasonable starting point for users to adjust to taste. In the past I usually set up my system flat and measured to get everything as good as possible, then adjusted from there. Chances are they expect these to be installed and/or calibrated by a knowledgeable dealer or guru and they would set a reasonable curve. It would be nice if the Optimizer, and most especially the Wizard, provided a few target curves for users to try. Of course, you can set your own to the n'th degree, but I would expect installers to set a decent curve for anybody who buys one of these things.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Shoddy? The JVC N7?
:facepalm:

I am just curious about the fan noise of very nice JVC N7. Then I found this page saying "in low lamp mode the fan noise is only 20dB, moving up to 28dB in high lamp mode."

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
117in. Size matters.

I recently replaced Panasonic Plasma TV with Panasonic 4K OLED, very nice but the size is "only" 65 inch..., quite envy for 117 inch OLED if available!
I connect the 4K OLED TV to PC of my HiFi stereo audio-dedicated system not so often, once or twice in a month, though.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I recently replaced Panasonic Plasma TV with Panasonic 4K OLED, very nice but the size is "only" 65 inch..., quite envy for 117 inch OLED if available!
I connect the 4K OLED TV to PC of my HiFi stereo audio-dedicated system not so often, once or twice in a month, though.

I honestly would rather have 65in of OLED than some projector with washed out colors, it's just night and day.

the color uniformity, the blacks, the very short response time for gaming. just divine.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Ron Party

CPH (Chief Prog Head)
I have both a 65 inch TV and a Sony projector in the same room. Each has its strength. For true immersion with a surround sound system, the 65 cannot compete unless (maybe?) one sits within 6 feet of the screen. I haven't been in the market for either a new OLED since last year, or a new projector since I acquired mine about 2 years ago, but does any company even make 100+ inch OLED TVs? I know 88 inchers are available but that still falls short for true immersion.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
it's not about how big it is, it's about how you use it. ;)
That's what all the guys say that measure up a little short. :facepalm:

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That's what all the guys say that measure up a little short. :facepalm:

Yo mama didn’t think it was short last night :cool:.

Anyway jokes aside it’s very obvious that you haven’t seen an OLED before, I highly recommend that you do.

Our sight is much much more sensitive and much more developed than our hearing. Treat your eyes to a visual snack instead of something that looks like a printer running out of ink.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Yo mama didn’t think it was short last night :cool:.

Anyway jokes aside it’s very obvious that you haven’t seen an OLED before, I highly recommend that you do.

Our sight is much much more sensitive and much more developed than our hearing. Treat your eyes to a visual snack instead of something that looks like a printer running out of ink.
The problem is that OLED's are still highly susceptible to screen image burn. I had a very expensive rear projector ruined in a very short time from screen burn, once bitten twice shy. No sir, not for me. For now I'll stick to LCD's, I'm looking at a 85" Samsung to replace my 75" Sony in the near future, I've no room or wall size for a big projector.

Top Bottom