• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

[No Politics] What you need to know about CoVID-19 by SARS-CoV-2 [No Politics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PierreV

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What works for me is keeping myself occupied with various projects (being a former PM in IT/Banking) be it garden/boat/audio/IT.
Spouse working @ Ministry of Health and Social Affairs with some distinguished MD’s and professors we’ve been taking daily doses of vitamin D, zinc & magnesium for years as advised by her colleagues.

Yeah, for you guys in Nordic countries that is that, or gorge on cod liver oil. I know what I would choose in that case as well ;)

Willem

Major Contributor
My plan for tomorrow is better: since the sun is shining bright and thanks to climate change we are already experiencing summer temperatures, we have planned a bbq with the children. Since they no longer live at home we will keep a safe distance but there is plenty of space in the garden. And this one for PierreV: wine.

MarcT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
What works for me is keeping myself occupied with various projects (being a former PM in IT/Banking) be it garden/boat/audio/IT.
Spouse working @ Ministry of Health and Social Affairs with some distinguished MD’s and professors we’ve been taking daily doses of vitamin D, zinc & magnesium for years as advised by her colleagues.
Yeah, in addition to my D3 and zinc, I'm also taking magnesium, after reading that almost half of Americans don’t get enough magnesium from their diets. It's even harder to get enough when one really only needs to consume about 1,600 calories per day to maintain weight.

maty

Major Contributor
covid-19 The New Normal.jpg

MarcT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
My plan for tomorrow is better: since the sun is shining bright and thanks to climate change we are already experiencing summer temperatures, we have planned a bbq with the children. Since they no longer live at home we will keep a safe distance but there is plenty of space in the garden. And this one for PierreV: wine.
Interesting, my plan for today and tomorrow is to get outside since the sun is going to be shining bright, and thanks to climate change, we are forecast to be experiencing near record low May temps for the next few days!:cool:

maty

Major Contributor
Autopsy Findings and Venous Thromboembolism in Patients With COVID-19: A Prospective Cohort Study
https://annals.org/aim/fullarticle/...sm-patients-covid-19-prospective-cohort-study

There are some images from the autopsies that perhaps conscientized...

Figure 2.
Macroscopic autopsy findings.
A.
Patchy aspect of the lung surface (case 1). B. Cutting surface of the lung in case 4. C. Pulmonary embolism (case 3). D. Deep venous thrombosis (case 5).

Appendix Figure 1.
Thrombosis of the prostatic vein (case 1) (arrows).

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Currently if I call the doctor with possible COVID19 symptoms he'll maybe get me tested for it. Or not. If positive, he'll propose staying at home and doing nothing unless you start having more severe problems.

There is at least a credible hint having D3 levels higher goes along with less severity. There is at least a credible hint that pepcid may lessen severity. The effective risk of either of those is zero. The relative cost is negligible.

If 6 months from now they've determined D3 and pepcid to be helpful they'd start telling people to take those if they contract the disease. This is hardly like suggesting someone take a malaria drug which isn't readily available and has real risks using it. That would only make sense if the benefit has been determined, and it is administered by a doctor.

So proposing unproven treatment might not be helpful (there is a little chance at least that it is helpful), but since there is no known helpful treatment at all, and there is no harm I don't see the problem.
Mentally it good to feel your doing what you can to help yourself, if there's no other reason that's reason enough to keep your vitamin levels up.

Helps you feel in control.

I'm getting shafted by building companies cutting rates by a margin many more times the rate at which house prices ' might ' fall and stopping production so they keep that house price as high as possible.

I don't need vitamins, lube and some painkillers yes.

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am frequently in Alabama, where my company has an office and 1 million sq ft. factory. The Governor has relaxed the lock down but the lag time to new cases was less than I expected. As long as less than 10% of our workforce dies we'll be fine. /s
Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 10.19.49 AM.png

maty

Major Contributor
I am frequently in Alabama, where my company has an office and 1 million sq ft. factory. The Governor has relaxed the lock down but the lag time to new cases was less than I expected. As long as less than 10% of our workforce dies we'll be fine. /s
View attachment 62473

https://www.wsfa.com/2020/05/08/alabama-loosening-restrictions-more-businesses-allowed-reopen/

[ As a result of the update, several changes will go into effect Monday at 5 p.m. Those include:
  • Non-work gatherings: Removing 10 person limit, which means church services can be held. Still required to maintain 6 feet of distance between person not from same household.
  • Restaurants, bars and breweries: May open with limited table seating, 6 feet between tables and subject to additional sanitation rules and guidelines
  • Athletic facilities (such as fitness centers and commercial gyms): Athletic facilities may open subject to social-distancing and sanitation rules and guidelines. Specified athletic activities are still not allowed.
  • Close-contact service providers: Close-contact service providers (such as barber shops, hair salons, nail salons, tattoo services) may open subject to social-distancing and sanitation rules and guidelines.
  • Beaches: Open with no limit on gatherings. Must maintain 6 feet of separation. ]

Next Monday, Tarragona province (Spain) -> Phase 1. More restrictions than Alabama but we have better graph.

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJr...zMGUtNDNiYy04YzA2LWZmNzI1MzY3NmZlYyIsImMiOjh9

covid-19-Tarragona-08052020.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 65

My next project will be learning Spanish ... ;-)

Seems not enough with English, German, French & some Swahili. When in school long time ago we all had to learn two foreign languages apart from English. Swahili came later in life. Spanish it is then ...

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You are offering advice beyond your remit, and mine, too.
Actually I wasn't offering advice. It was originally posted as a question. There were some reports of studies about pepcid, and vitamin D. I asked was there anything I missed. The intent, which apparently didn't come across being, is there some other substance that has a credible chance of helping I've not noticed in the coverage of CODID 19?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom