• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of Soncoz LA-QXD1 Pre-production "Evolution of KTE Board"

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
That way Windoze can't send any sound to it such as dings.

Just turn off the windows system sounds. Nobody needs them anyway.

1581144388087.png

There is nothing worse than that "doongk" sound when adjusting volume or other times.

D

Deleted member 12179

I also prefer this with no hardware volume control, it's a DAC. putting volume controls everywhere it's annoying afterwards, to adjust volume you have to adjust 5 knobs; on the speakers, on the amps, on the software, on the OS. No thanks. Without volume can be good, just like in the khadas tone board.

Shorty

I also prefer this with no hardware volume control, it's a DAC. putting volume controls everywhere it's annoying afterwards, to adjust volume you have to adjust 5 knobs; on the speakers, on the amps, on the software, on the OS. No thanks. Without volume can be good, just like in the khadas tone board.
Huh? Who on earth has to adjust 5, 4, 3 or even 2 knobs to adjust volume?

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The enabler in me says you should get one ;)
I probably will, lol. I just think it is gonna be the perfect match for the SMSL SP200 amp, seems to be similar dimensions even.
A true monster of a stack for power hungry cans with XLR cables without a huge price tag.
But it needs to come in black.

D

Deleted member 12179

Huh? Who on earth has to adjust 5, 4, 3 or even 2 knobs to adjust volume?
Let's see, I have a volume adjust in iTunes, same "knob" that can be controlled with an app on the phone, then I have the general OS system volumen, with direct access keys on the cable keyboard and on the bluetooth keyboard, then I have the headphone amp jds atom that unfortunately, the knob works as pre amp for the speakers. Then I have one more knob on each active speaker... 5 knobs already. I don't need a knob in a just dac device, thanks, specially if can be already controlled by the software used.

Shorty

Let's see, I have a volume adjust in iTunes, same "knob" that can be controlled with an app on the phone, then I have the general OS system volumen, with direct access keys on the cable keyboard and on the bluetooth keyboard, then I have the headphone amp jds atom that unfortunately, the knob works as pre amp for the speakers. Then I have one more knob on each active speaker... 5 knobs already. I don't need a knob in a just dac device, thanks, specially if can be already controlled by the software used.
And you want us to believe that you have to twiddle all 5 knobs to adjust your volume... :D

D

Deleted member 12179

And you want us to believe that you have to twiddle all 5 knobs to adjust your volume... :D
I don't want you to believe anything at all, you can believe whatever you want and I fully support your believe, whatever it is . What I am saying is that, since I do not need another knob, I prefer the device with no knob, no buttons. Lot of people requesting volume and remote. I would prefer this thing to be cheaper with no extras and focused on top sound quality for the best price, like the khadas was; radical minimalism is good. useless/redundat knob is very old fashioned. Then again, for some people will be a must, not me, just that.

Last edited by a moderator:

FreaK

All work has been delayed due to the coronavirus and we will produce new products and supply ASAP.

Hello Ben1987!
Will you send a final, production unit to amirm (or Wolf) for review? :) and please let us know if its available in the EU, i want to buy one as well :)

AlexScan

Just read the review of this incredible affordable High-End DAC... but I have questions:

- Wich DAC chip it's used ?
- Have you somme inside picture for see the electronic board ?

What is the supply voltage of the output stage op-amps?

AlexScan

Just read the review of this incredible affordable High-End DAC... but I have questions:

- Wich DAC chip it's used ?
- Have you somme inside picture for see the electronic board ?

EDIT: I see on page 3 the internal board... one ES9038Q2M and OPA1612A but i don't recognize the final stage OPA...

Top Bottom