• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of Soncoz LA-QXD1 Pre-production "Evolution of KTE Board"

1025QW

I hope the next model would be ”SGD1 mini “:the same DA as SGD1, the size of QDX1,external power supply,$299.I geniusly think it would be a game changer.

Last edited:

UAN

Hi Ben! Sincere admiration for your development and the ability to share ideas. For example, to eliminate Hump ESS, many people keep this a secret. Please tell me what type of Op amp is at the output of the DAC.
Regards, Retired Engineer.

Ben1987

Audio Company
Please tell me what type of Op amp is at the output of the DAC.
TI OPA1612 for I/V and "RICORE TECHNOLOGY" RT6863S for LPF.

1582718070585.png

newpeter

±12V or ±15V both OK and I have tested these two voltage levels and there is no real difference. You can try two different voltages to see the difference!

±12V or ±15V is options for I/V ? Where to connect it ?
Is the main 5V supply enough ?

occip

Hi Ben,
I've written my own firmware on the Khadas Tone Board to manage the priority between spdif and usb inputs and add hardware volume before you implemented it :) It was a very good evaluation board for the xmos software !
I would to know if the LA qxd1 will offer the same feature ( I can't see the jtag connector ?)
My goal is to add a small oled display + IR receiver .
Thanks!

Ben1987

Audio Company
I would to know if the LA qxd1 will offer the same feature ( I can't see the jtag connector ?)
My goal is to add a small oled display + IR receiver .
LA-QXD1 is a complete device with a JTAG connector, but we don't currently support DIY services, so if you're interested you can try secondary development on LA-QXD1.
1583122207285.png

±12V or ±15V both OK and I have tested these two voltage levels and there is no real difference. You can try two different voltages to see the difference!

That is the greatest news. We have a serious output stage with enough voltage. Doesn't matter 12v or 15v, it is gratifying because it is not 5v. I like the regulators too and the caps wich are big enough. I like your DAC and probably I wilm buy it.

occip

Hi Ben,

Thank for your answer, the 3.3v supply is not available on the jtag connector, it seems that the board has to be connected through usb supply in order to be programmed.
The good news is that a I2C connector is also available , it will be useful to do the reverse engineering of the firmware, I'm lacking the information to drive the relays (command connected to xmos or ess9038 ?) .
I will order the dac asap !

Top Bottom