• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 283 59.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 175 36.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Eric is claiming that he built a new set of the same speakers, and measured those speakers, and the measurements match a simulation he did 3 years ago, but they do not match Erin's measurements.

What is important to notice here, is that no measurements were actually provided.

Man thats so funny, who cares what he simulated 3 years ago if he can just measure today like erin or amir does? Thats absurde.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Finally rolled the EA BS to 100 pages!
Yeah giving Tekton too much press. Time to move on.
1713221167257.png

Selkirks

Easy fix.

Eric sends the new Trubador to Erin for testing. Once received Erin can compare the internals of the newly made pair with his test speakers before measuring. EA is the type to build a new pair differently just to get the measurements and claim he was in the right all along. Deception needs to be considered when dealing with him going forward. With that said, the damage is done for most readers and it's time to move on...

Simulation vs. Klippel btw :facepalm:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Eric is claiming that he built a new set of the same speakers, and measured those speakers, and the measurements match a simulation he did 3 years ago, but they do not match Erin's measurements.

What is important to notice here, is that no measurements were actually provided.
Only digging his hole deeper. He is dense. Two guys with perhaps the best speaker measurement rig available today and both know how to use them. So he puts out stuff about a simulation and new builds that don't agree. Anyone who knows will just notch down his already ailing credibility a little more. So he obviously playing to people who don't know hoping enough of them will be influenced. And of course his speakers didn't get awful reviews anyway. :facepalm:

olieb

What is it with this guy? He really plans on just going on with this BS, nonsense and FUD?
It's clear he cannot show his "measurements", his bluff would become obvious immediately.

Everett T

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
It's about time Eric is told to shut up or he's going to get arrested or sued. What he is doing is starting to look a lot like harassment imo.
Neither will happen and sadly he knows that, just like he knew he wouldn't have pursued suing Eric or Erin (or anyone else), as his risk is much greater but he will try to take to the brink.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I got contacted as well. :(

---------
Amir,

The image I forwarded to you is provided by Eminence and it's the SPL/frequency response of the 8 driver in the M-Lore.

Thanks for correcting your mistakes. With the corrected listening-axis the step response needs to be published correctly. Please correct the step response to the point of exactly 6.5" above the tweeter so your work reflects the speaker is 'mechanically time-aligned.

Sincerely,

Eric Alexander
President
Tekton Design, LLC

---

My answer to him:

---
I didn’t correct any mistakes. The manual for your speaker says tweeter is the listening axis, not the woofer. And regardless, I stated the measurements were relative to tweeter axis and they were.

While I could computationally change the listening axis, I can’t do that for step response as that is measured separately. I will need to remeasure the speaker. Why don’t you give me that measurement and I post it in the review?

Amir

----

Told you guys we were not done....

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

I honestly believe he does not have any measurements for any of his speakers, ever. I think he does have some kind of simulation software that will forecast how the speakers will measure, then he just builds it and then do some crossover tuning by ear.

He even stated it on this Stereophile interview.
1000029811.png

EDIT: Link: https://www.stereophile.com/content...50-models-and-counting-interview-tektons-eric

Last edited:

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

---------
Amir,

The image I forwarded to you is provided by Eminence and it's the SPL/frequency response of the 8 driver in the M-Lore.

Thanks for correcting your mistakes. With the corrected listening-axis the step response needs to be published correctly. Please correct the step response to the point of exactly 6.5" above the tweeter so your work reflects the speaker is 'mechanically time-aligned.

Sincerely,

Eric Alexander
President
Tekton Design, LLC

---

My answer to him:

---
I didn’t correct any mistakes. The manual for your speaker says tweeter is the listening axis, not the woofer. And regardless, I stated the measurements were relative to tweeter axis and they were.

While I could computationally change the listening axis, I can’t do that for step response as that is measured separately. I will need to remeasure the speaker. Why don’t you give me that measurement and I post it in the review?

Amir

----

It's a new tactic Amir, bullying didn't work, so now he is trying misinformation.

Essentially what he's trying to do now is create sufficient snippets of conversations for him to put out on the Internet and make a new narrative.

He will keep lying over and over, and over time, the lie will be so repeated and the real story forgotten and it becomes reality for his typical customer base.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

---------
Amir,

Sincerely,

Eric Alexander
President
Tekton Design, LLC

---

My answer to him:

---

Amir

----

Some people need to be clearly told to go away... The more he does this the more he can state he has a ongoing relationship. :facepalm:

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Tekton has no shortage of money to pay lawyers. A far wiser use of this money would be to invest in a Klippel system so that he can truly understand how his speakers perform and can be improved rather than rely on simulations.
Tekton most certainly does not have unlimited money to pay lawyers. No one does, although Bose was one of the few deep-pocketed companies in this industry able to pursue litigation against a reviewer.

EA is obviously an obsessive. He cannot read measurements, and his writing skills should not have carried him out of middle school. There is no way he has sold 250,000 pairs of loudspeakers, as I saw someone suggest. (Posters on audio forums tend to overestimate the popularity of this hobby.)

I trust Erin and Amir have found good legal representation, but now they should get some sleep....

Newman

Major Contributor
It's about time Eric is told to shut up or he's going to get arrested or sued. What he is doing is starting to look a lot like harassment imo.
I agree. Didn't Erin clearly, clearly say at the end of his re-review, that he never wants to have anything to do with them again? And since E Alexander is replying to the re-review, he can't say he didn't see Erin's "I'm done, no more" comments.

That's a clear statement by Erin of "get back and stay back". Further approaches would indeed constitute harassment.

ampguy

Here is where I believe the main disconnect is - Amir and Erin like accurate flat response speakers. The m lores are not designed to be, there used to be or is a model called the lore reference that was supposedly accurate, but less preferred by some to the response of the m lore. Amir doesn’t like a lot of things like the original Kef ls-50s, but likes the metas. Most I know who own or listen to both can eq the ls50s to sound the same, or prefer the ogs. Sean olive and Harmon have their favorite non linear tweaks, why can’t Tekton have theirs? Amir, why not just show the data, and let the readers decide? Why the I recommend, or I don’t recommend comments, when surely you are aware others have different hearing preferences than you? When did buying an AP and Klippel become the “I am now the god of what gear sounds good, and what gear will sound like crap?”

Last edited:

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Tekton has no shortage of money to pay lawyers. A far wiser use of this money would be to invest in a Klippel system so that he can truly understand how his speakers perform and can be improved rather than rely on simulations.

Have you ever been through a significant lawsuit? The kind with discovery, interrogatories and depositions, expert witnesses and everything else that comes with the full meal deal? Anything like that? For anyone but the lawyers and the masochistic, these things are like having a colonoscopy for months/years while wide awake, thinking some of the darkest thoughts you've likely ever had. They are brutal.
You may either be overestimating his wealth, or underestimating the cost of any meaningful litigation.

You are right, a Klippel would be far wiser, and likely much cheaper.

The other thing is, from my limited experience the legal system may have its issues, but I haven't seen many judges or respected lawyers who are impressed with attempts at legal 'gotcha' or anything that resembles bad faith dealings. One thing we have seen from beginning to end, is a stream of easily supportable bad faith dealings from this individual which he may be able to keep out of his initial conversation with his lawyer, but that will come out as a WTF story in any kind of response that it's hard to imagine even Saul Goodman wanting to try to take on. Sometimes, it can be very difficult to clearly demonstrate bad faith but in this case it just drips nonstop.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Here is where I believe the main disconnect is - Amir and Erin like accurate flat response speakers. The m lores are not designed to be, there used to be or is a model called the lore reference that was supposedly accurate, but less preferred by some to the response of the m lore. Amir doesn’t like a lot of things like the original Kef ls-50s, but likes the metas. Most I know who own or listen to both can eq the ls50s to sound the same, or prefer the ogs. Sean olive and Harmon have their favorite non linear tweaks, why can’t Tekton have theirs? Amir, why not just show the data, and let the readers decide? Why the I recommend, or I don’t recommend comments, when surely you are aware others have different hearing preferences than you? When did buying an AP and Klippel become the “I am now the god of what gear is good, and what is crap?”
If memory serves me correct people asked for a subjective section.

BlackTalon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Here is where I believe the main disconnect is - Amir and Erin like accurate flat response speakers. The m lores are not designed to be, there used to be or is a model called the lore reference that was supposedly accurate, but less preferred by some to the response of the m lore. Amir doesn’t like a lot of things like the original Kef ls-50s, but likes the metas. Most I know who own or listen to both can eq the ls50s to sound the same, or prefer the ogs. Sean olive and Harmon have their favorite non linear tweaks, why can’t Tekton have theirs? Amir, why not just show the data, and let the readers decide? Why the I recommend, or I don’t recommend comments, when surely you are aware others have different hearing preferences than you? When did buying an AP and Klippel become the “I am now the god of what gear sounds good, and what gear will sound like crap?”
WTF???

Top Bottom