• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 281 58.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 174 36.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

cavedriver

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Here's another one that wasn't good when it was posted and has aged poorly...

Wow, again just wow. From his blog: "Nearly all of my competitors have no real background in loudspeaker design and innovation". How do you not attack someone when they're being that sh**y towards everyone else? Now I want him to fail.

I'll add that if you sue a manufacturer in another state they will pull an at home rule which will kick the case to federal court in your jurisdiction.

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A thought just occurred: Isn't @Eric Alexander 's now-deleted first YouTube video the only place where he has publicly committed to publishing measurements for every Tekton speaker from now on?

I don't say this to be snarky - truly - but if that's the case, I have to wonder what the odds are that Tekton will actually go through with publishing speaker measurements moving forward.

nygafre

A thought just occurred: Isn't @Eric Alexander 's now-deleted first YouTube video the only place where he has publicly committed to publishing measurements for every Tekton speaker from now on?

I don't say this to be snarky - truly - but if that's the case, I have to wonder what the odds are that Tekton will actually go through with publishing speaker measurements moving forward.
Yeah, for every new model from what I picked up(?)

Sonny1

I am at work and didn’t go through the last ten pages. Apologies if this is already posted.

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Wow, again just wow. From his blog: "Nearly all of my competitors have no real background in loudspeaker design and innovation".

Redolent of a certain other guy’s claims: “Believe me, no one knows more about - (insert every topic under the sun) - than I do…”

DLS79

Forum Donor
Amir, can we please have a new review of some gear? Ideally either a 1 star train wreck review, or a 5 star outstanding product review.
Anything to pull all of us out of this Tekton rabbit hole!
:)

TOPPING D50 III please....

Entropy

Here’s the thing. He didn’t lose those sales due to Erin’s review. He did it all by himself through his continued buffoonery throughout this whole mess, which was self-inflicted.

edit - spelling is hard.
Eric doesn't seem to understand the difference between correlation and causation, which frankly isn't surprising considering everything else that has been brought to light. If Eric decides to litigate I'm certain he'll both rally typically independent audio communities in support of the affected parties and deal the killing blow to his business.

Last edited:

Tangogod

Looks like Tekton yanked their two videos off Youtube or made them private. Hopefully, that's the beginning of their damage control. I sincerely hope Eric takes Ascend up on his offer to learn more about the Klippel NFS. There was no need for any of this. The data is what it is.
In his second YT, Eric was saying how he had admired Erin coming to the party and he layed some respect at his feet. I suspect that Eric will now claim he never gave susch an endorsement to Erin like this:
0:20
Aaron's a Class Act I'll send him
0:22
speakers all day long I respect what he
0:25
does

But I will also say that Eric then went on to say:

0:25
and the way that he and I have come
0:28
to uh of a path forward I'm in agreeance
0:33
with

thus Eric will say he never agreed to the re-review in its current form. It will be interesting to see what he believes the "agreement" with Erin was.

While some say Eric should not be cancelled, I don't see giving him a platform to bully multiple reviewers is right. Has there ever been a manufacture like Eric that has ever exhibited this kind of behaviour before?

Siwel

Forum Donor
There is a huge difference between threatening to send a lawyer’s letter and actually proceeding with a successful suit. Eric rightfully strikes the community as a bully because he consistently behaves like one.

Frankly, just based on what I’ve seen of Tekton’s design philosophy over the years especially considering the tip of the iceberg…….the baffling and almost comical quantity of cheap tweeters and midrange drivers of so many of Tekton’s designs being a main tell….. I actually expected even worse metrics than these speakers delivered.

Such a lack of wisdom in replying to critical analysis says a lot about the thinking behind the company and the products it makes.

holdingpants01

Forum Donor
Seems like he's now commenting under the new review as Mark and Dave from Utah (I'm pretty sure they are his local friends from Utah)

Zrzut ekranu 2024-04-12 o 23.55.08.png

Last edited:

dday84

Wow, again just wow. From his blog: "Nearly all of my competitors have no real background in loudspeaker design and innovation". How do you not attack someone when they're being that sh**y towards everyone else? Now I want him to fail.

That was one of the most arrogant statements from Eric that I saw across all the various posts, blogs, etc. that he has made over the years. I seem to remember him saying almost that exact same thing back in the earlier days of Tekton, and it was one of those things that almost immediately convinced me to stay away from Tekton speakers. It's one thing for him to say I am taking a different approach to speaker design than most of my competitors, but to make that statement that most other companies have no real background in loudspeaker design and innovation is just unbelievable.

At the beginning of this whole fiasco, I thought maybe this would lead to the end of Tekton. Everything that has happened since has made me think that it is now very possible the company does not survive this.........unless Eric sells the company and steps away, and someone else comes in and builds up a new reputation for the company.

Top Bottom