• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 280 58.8%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 174 36.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Erici, Understand that Amir claims to an "electrical engineer by degree and hobby". He's an electrical engineer. Loudspeakers are electro-acoustic devices and the moment the 'electricity' passes the voice coil in a loudspeaker he's [Amir] working in the realm of acoustical physics, and entirely different branch of physics. Can you see where I'm going here...??

No. Measuring a FR on a klippel. Is measuring a FR on a klippel. So you can show different measurements? And explain why yours should be more exact?

dday84

As many here are now seeing, there is a history of poor responses and internet postings by Tekton's founder and owner. I investigated their speakers years ago when I was shopping for new speakers as they seemed to be getting positive press on the internet. However, too many things gave me pause with the company. One was how Eric appeared to deal with customers poorly. Second was the touted patents for the speakers, and the descriptions of the tweeter array, which just seemed like bogus claims to me in how it was described. Third was there just appeared to be way too many speaker models in the Tekton lineup, which makes me suspicious regarding just how well developed and engineered each of those actually are. Currently there are close to 30 different models in the lineup......why so many?

The speakers do look unique and kind of "cool", and there are different colors that others don't offer. Many of their speakers also have a lot of drivers in them, and I think many people who don't know better often think more drivers must mean it is a better speaker. I think these factors are likely the main reasons for Tekton's sales. People like Amir and Erin who test them with the state of the art Klippel NFS present measurements that Eric Alexander does not want people to see. He wants people to look in one direction at his speakers and take what he says about them on faith, and not peek further behind the curtain.

mlsstl

The FACTS are Amir didn't measure the loudspeaker correctly and placed the loudspeaker in a false light.
Several times now you've spoken of "facts" -- and then you fail to provide any.

Please describe the specific errors made in the measurement process that adversely affected the results. Inquiring minds want to know.

EDIT -- I would expect Tekton to already have a full bucket of measurements just sitting there in a file, leftover from your design and development of the speaker. It should be pretty easy to show how your measurements differ from the ones in the review.

Last edited:

Katzz

Erici, Sure. my official position is 'the FACTS are Amir didn't measure the loudspeaker correctly and placed the loudspeaker in a false light.' Furthermore, because Amir's review was unsolicited I am under no obligation to disclose his mistakes to him or anyone. I feel blindsided, I am his victim, and I feel a need to expose his mistakes. I believe Amir is capable of measuring a loudspeaker; it's his understanding of acoustical physics that I intend to expose and cast a light upon.
What do you mean by unsolicited review? You know that anyone can make reviews of any product or services as a right to free speech, right? This can end by several circunstances including distribution of wrong or false information of said product in which you are claiming to be the case here
However, you should probably know that it the review its exposing wrong or false information then you need to disclose his mistake, which so far you haven't done and explaining that you dont plan to do that

Cbdb2

Major Contributor
Erici, Understand that Amir claims to an "electrical engineer by degree and hobby". He's an electrical engineer. Loudspeakers are electro-acoustic devices and the moment the 'electricity' passes the voice coil in a loudspeaker he's [Amir] working in the realm of acoustical physics, and entirely different branch of physics. Can you see where I'm going here...??
Yes I see, a red herring. The work in acoustical physics was done by Klipple, are you saying the measurements are wrong? Than your saying the Klipple dosnt work. Why don't you sue Klipple? And soon Amp makers will be suing Audio Precision. What a joke.

Ninjastar

Respectfully, it's not an "honest review". I've already said we're posting a YouTube video that will reflect Amir's mistakes.
That's fine.

But why not just do that instead of threatening legal action against Amir and Erin?

Or kindly message Amir and Erin to respectfully explain where you think they might have made a mistake like a reasonable person would do.

You've done yourself no favors by responding with litigious threats.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Hehe facts? I see a clippel measurement thats a fact. I can read Amirs opinion thats a opinion. Thats all. Cant see any more facts.

DSJR

Major Contributor
There will likely not be any lawsuits. What Eric Alexander is doing is paying second tier lawyers couple thousand dollars to write a threatening letter to anyone who gives bad reviews. The letter is enough to scare people to pull the reviews down.

Specific to what this guy is doing to Erin: the idiot commented that Erin's measurements doesn't match his. Right there, he f'ed it up royally (luckily I took a screenshot of that comment before Erin removed the video and I would think Erin himself is smart enough to take a screenshot shot of that comment too). Now let's think about this logically, by this idiot saying his measurements don't match Erin's, it implies he has measurements. We all know there is a very good chance he doesn't have any measurements, because it's evident that this idiot built his speakers with no science (at best he has some quasi anechoic measurements done outdoors, at best). We know he doesn't have an NFS, nor an anechoic chamber, because Eric Alexander sells pseudoscience, again evident from his speakers and his Peter Pan patent. So all needs to be done is Erin shows the comment, the judge will ask the idiot to produce his measurements, which he has none, even if he did, he had to prove that his methods and instruments used are valid. If they are valid, then it would match Erin's measurements, because Erin uses the high precision NFS. He can't sue Erin for the subjective portion, because it's subjective, it's someone's opinion, just like my opinion that Eric Alexander is a world class idiot and clown and is a con artist and a pseudoscience peddler.

As for Amir: same exact thing. This idiot claimed the the measurements are botched because according to him it needed to measure at the woofer. Listen guys, even if the mic were pointed at the woofer, the measurements would still have been sh|t, because these speakers are royal sh|t, let's be honest with ourselves. And Eric would also have to have measurements to prove that Amir's measurements were so off, it did harm to his business. And again, he has no measurements!!!

Everyone can get a good night sleep, all bark, no bite.

EDIT: I know I quoted Tony and I know Tony meant that this guy is a lunatic going around suing people, I don't mean Tony is worry or anything like that. But I do see some people are getting a bit concerned here.
Late reply to this, but I do remember comments in discussions from some years ago that the main driver was to be kind-of full range, but the tweeter filled in rather than replaced the top octaves.. Crossover pics tend to refute this though...

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
because Amir's review was unsolicited I am under no obligation to disclose his mistakes to him or anyone.
If you are going to make accusations, you are certainly under an obligation to back them up. Otherwise your legal threat makes no sense at all.
Can you see where I'm going here...??
Certainly the Klippel and CEA-2034 were configured by people with an understanding of the subject matter. Are you saying he misused them with intent to defame? Otherwise, no case.

We shall all await your well-advertised youtube video with bated breath.

The fact that you didn't simply call him or engage constructively to get the review corrected (as many others have), is very revealing. You are of course, under no obligation to manage your affairs like a commerce-savvy adult, but you could certainly have made that choice.

Last edited:

Eric Alexander

Audio Company
I clearly recall Amir instructing everyone to focus specifically on the topic of the review [Mini Lore]. It's clear there are a lot of rule-breakers with enough posts to know better...

dday84

Erici, Sure. my official position is 'the FACTS are Amir didn't measure the loudspeaker correctly and placed the loudspeaker in a false light.' Furthermore, because Amir's review was unsolicited I am under no obligation to disclose his mistakes to him or anyone. I feel blindsided, I am his victim, and I feel a need to expose his mistakes. I believe Amir is capable of measuring a loudspeaker; it's his understanding of acoustical physics that I intend to expose and cast a light upon.

Unlike the "solicited" review you paid New Record Day to do a few years ago, and for which you expected nothing but glowing praise in return?

Now you claim to be a victim and to have been blinsided.....because of a review of one of your products? Unsolicited reviews of products exist all over the internet, and I never see other company presidents or company reps act like this over a product review. You need to grow a pair and stop whining.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I clearly recall Amir instructing everyone to focus specifically on the topic of the review [Mini Lore]. It's clear there are a lot of rule-breakers with enough posts to know better...
Gee, I wonder if someone took us off the subject with spurious accusations, unsupported claims and idiotic threats? At this point I'm inclined to believe the pay-to-play stories about you (Eric Alexander of Tekton) discussed upthread. It seems consistent with your character.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
A search through Stereophile reveals one of their reviewers Rogier van Bakel has or had Tekton Moab speakers as his reference. There are reviews of several Tekton loudspeakers to be found as well.

SKBubba

So, a speaker maker tunes the speaker sound by ear. Sounds good to him, so it must sound great to everyone who has his ears, his brain, in his room/chamber, and who share his preferences. OK, then.

thegeton

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Respectfully, it's not an "honest review". I've already said we're posting a YouTube video that will reflect Amir's mistakes.
Will you be reading your peer reviewed acoustic physics or acoustic engineering white paper in the video? Or will your video be more shouting in all caps about the facts?

Will you be sharing contrary measurement data conclusively proving your point? Or will you be endlessly yammering on about the horrible victimization you've experienced?

Looking forward to your honest video.

BTW: So glad I traded away the speakers I purchased from you.

Theta

So, a speaker maker tunes the speaker sound by ear. Sounds good to him, so it must sound great to everyone who has his ears, his brain, in his room/chamber, and who share his preferences. OK, then.
You are right it may not sound so good to all of us with an anechoic chamber in our homes.

Top Bottom