• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

alaios

can this drive two oberon on wall c speakers plus two subs? Did not get it properly how many watts this amp is

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
can this drive two oberon on wall c speakers plus two subs? Did not get it properly how many watts this amp is
Your subs are active aren't they?

alaios

they are but REL says connect them to main speakers, they sound more musical blah blah. And since I have tried both I think they sound more musical :D

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
they are but REL says connect them to main speakers, they sound more musical blah blah. And since I have tried both I think they sound more musical :D
Per the manual "This connection does not draw power from the power amplifier
and, yes, your REL is a powered sub bass system. However, by deriving its signal from the main power
amplifier, better sound quality is achieved."

So no, not driven by the amp. You are looking for an amp capable of driving your Dali Oberon on wall speakers. I assume they are not the " C" variant which are active though.

leighhull72

Had my A30 for two years now. It had been fine but is now clipping badly when the volume is turned up

PeterMac

How do you think worth to upgrade from Loxjie A30 to Wiim Amp ? driving Eleac DBR62.

omahagtp

See the first page
40W @ 4 Ohm
18W @ 8 Ohm

I have done my best before registering to ask this specific question but - if my speakers list as 4-8 Ohm compatible, is there a way to define it on the A30 or does it "auto" select? I don't see a way to do it on the device, nothing in the manual, etc.

Thank you

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have done my best before registering to ask this specific question but - if my speakers list as 4-8 Ohm compatible, is there a way to define it on the A30 or does it "auto" select? I don't see a way to do it on the device, nothing in the manual, etc.

Thank you
That is an odd spec for a speaker. Are you sure? What speaker do you have?

In any case it doesn't matter. The amp doesn't really care whether they are 4 or 8 ohm. It will just work, no settings necessary.

EDIT: PS - welcome to the forum.
And:

I have done my best before registering
You don't need to worry - no-one here minds naive questions. Not everyone can be an audio expert. And everyone starts from zero at some point.

Last edited:

omahagtp

That is an odd spec for a speaker. Are you sure? What speaker do you have?

In any case it doesn't matter. The amp doesn't really care whether they are 4 or 8 ohm. It will just work, no settings necessary.

EDIT: PS - welcome to the forum.
And:

You don't need to worry - no-one here minds naive questions. Not everyone can be an audio expert. And everyone starts from zero at some point.

They’re just a set of Micca OoO’s, I have a very specific desk layout I’m trying to maintain and wanted something that could lay sideways under my ultra wide monitor. I just returned a Creative Katana v2x that sounded like hot garbage, and after coming from the world of home theater amps/speakers, spent the last few days taking a crash course in compiling something reasonably priced for my computer rig.

First impressions are really nice, I just want to make sure I’m getting the most out of them. I wished you could set a crossover on the A30 (not having that feature seems to be the norm at this price point or on a class D amp/dac?) but I’m getting an active sub in a few days that I can set/should alleviate most of that. Got it hooked up via optical since I read usb input isn’t desired on this unit.

Thank you, much appreciated. Was going nuts trying to find out, ha

SonOfSine

Has anyone here had success getting the A30 to play via USB connection to iOS devices?

When connected to my iPhone (through its “camera connection kit” dongle), the amp displays “connected” but no audio comes through. USB connection to my MacBook doesn’t have this problem, and outputs audio normally.

omahagtp

I have a weird problem with the USB to optical converter I just setup. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09QFYNB7Y?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

I've tried two different (length and quality) optical cables and I am getting audio skipping/stuttering when playback is set to 24bit/44khz, 24bit/48khz, or 24bit/96khz in Windows. However - if I set it to 24/192 it's smooth sailing.

So then I figured maybe I'll give my motherboard's analog out a shot, and now I'm using the aux input on the A30. My motherboard's audio chipset has the ALC1220. From reading through this thread, it sounds like going aux input bypasses the ES9023 dac - which makes sense.

Is there any reason for me to continue down the path of trying usb to coax (ITX motherboard does not have onboard optical or coax) or just call it a day and be satisfied? Sounds great regardless, just want to get it setup for the strengths of the A30 and move on.

bdavies011

Not for sound quality - only if you want the functionality.
When you say not for sound quality what do u mean exactly? Would the WiiM Amp be a downgrade in quality from the A30 or just a sidegrade? I have the A30 and love the sound quality it provides but the streaming capabilities (and more powerful amp) of the WiiM Amp are intriguing for its price. I would consider it but just don't want to give up the sound quality from the A30.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
When you say not for sound quality what do u mean exactly? Would the WiiM Amp be a downgrade in quality from the A30 or just a sidegrade? I have the A30 and love the sound quality it provides but the streaming capabilities (and more powerful amp) of the WiiM Amp are intriguing for its price. I would consider it but just don't want to give up the sound quality from the A30.
Sidegrade. Similar technology and performance from an audio point of view. Better power output but not as significant as you might think. Roughly 3x in watts, but that is only just under 5dB - so very aprox 50% perceived volume increase. Still worth having though.

So if you want the streaming capabilities - audibly it should be the same but with the capability to play moderately louder.

Eddie87

I'm getting intermittent audio cut outs with my Loxjie A30 when using the optical input from my PC, which doesn't happen when I use USB or AUX. I've tried changing cable, and when I use optical from my PC to a DAC there are no issues. Interestingly, the A30 optical input worked fine when I tried a different source other than my PC. Anyone know what could be going on or had similar issues with the optical input?

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm getting intermittent audio cut outs with my Loxjie A30 when using the optical input from my PC, which doesn't happen when I use USB or AUX. I've tried changing cable, and when I use optical from my PC to a DAC there are no issues. Interestingly, the A30 optical input worked fine when I tried a different source other than my PC. Anyone know what could be going on or had similar issues with the optical input?
What data rate?

Try turning it down to 16/44.1 or 16/48 - does it still happen?

wandulus

Has anyone here had success getting the A30 to play via USB connection to iOS devices?

When connected to my iPhone (through its “camera connection kit” dongle), the amp displays “connected” but no audio comes through. USB connection to my MacBook doesn’t have this problem, and outputs audio normally.
I use it that way.
Iphone 13 -> Lighting to USB OTG adapter -> USB cable -> Loxjie A30.
Works OK.

Top Bottom