• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Do RCA cables have a sound? ChatGPT says they do.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
AI has done amazing things... for example, protein structure is an enormously complex thing because of the size of the molecules, amino acid sequence and the 3-D folding of the protein. There are numerous other difficulties in science where AI has found its place.
Here's a link: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-03499-y

Chew on AI all you like, but it has its place in many areas of science.
There's a big difference between well-defined inputs for science, and the entire internet.

rgpit

Forum Donor
My question to Chatgpt: "Is chatgpt always accurate?"

The answer I got back: "As an AI language model, ChatGPT's responses are generated based on patterns and associations in its training data. While it strives to provide accurate and helpful responses, there is always the possibility of errors or inaccuracies in its output. Additionally, the accuracy of its responses may depend on the quality and relevance of the input it receives.
It is important to note that ChatGPT is a machine learning model and not a human expert. Therefore, it should not be used as a substitute for professional advice or medical consultation. Users should always exercise critical thinking and caution when using information provided by ChatGPT or any other AI language model."

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

The answer I got back: "As an AI language model, ChatGPT's responses are generated based on patterns and associations in its training data. While it strives to provide accurate and helpful responses, there is always the possibility of errors or inaccuracies in its output. Additionally, the accuracy of its responses may depend on the quality and relevance of the input it receives.
It is important to note that ChatGPT is a machine learning model and not a human expert. Therefore, it should not be used as a substitute for professional advice or medical consultation. Users should always exercise critical thinking and caution when using information provided by ChatGPT or any other AI language model."
But I want machines to do my thinking for me!!!!

raif71

Major Contributor
If ChatGPT says that RCA cables doesn't have a sound, does that make ChatGPT correct? Whatever it spouts, it doesn't really mean that it is correct ;)

_Piotr

I've been using ChatGPT a lot. It has given me wrong answers to software engineering questions on multiple occasions and you can't just trust it, you need to double check every answer. It can also give you a correct-ish answer with something wrong inside e.g. It could be some incorrect numbers or a wrong software version.

D

Deleted member 58865

Indeed, and regulators are beginning to take notice.
Regulators only want excuses to censor information and keep people in the dark about anything. It's eays to control confused or uninformed people.

To achieve total dominance in every area of life, not just physical/military dominance, people need to be kept in the dark and fed all kinds of bad information.

Long after military subjugation is complete, dominators battle over control of your mind. The last frontier of the long war. Your mind is the last battlefield.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trell

Major Contributor
Regulators only want excuses to censor information and keep people in the dark about anything. It's eays to control confused or uninformed people.

To achieve total dominance in every area of life, not just physical/military dominance, people need to be kept in the dark.

Long after military subjugation is complete, dominators battle over control of your mind. The last frontier of the long war. Your mind is the last battlefield.

There are real concerns that includes privacy, cybersecurity and disinformation, something even people wearing tinfoil hats could agree with.

While tools like chatGPT can be very useful there is also a great potential for abuse.

Galliardist

Major Contributor

To achieve total dominance in every area of life, not just physical/military dominance, people need to be kept in the dark and fed all kinds of bad information.

Not all regulators or regulations are evil.
Imagine this forum with the unfettered freedom to lie.
Now, consider the whole of society.

But do it quietly, as we are very close to politics again with conversation like this, and I don't want to upset our own regulators.

solderdude

Grand Contributor

It is important to note that ChatGPT is a machine learning model and not a human expert. Therefore, it should not be used as a substitute for professional advice or medical consultation.
Users should always exercise critical thinking and caution when using information provided by ChatGPT or any other AI language model."

Well what do you know... ChatGPT can be right too.

D

Deleted member 58865

Not all regulators or regulations are evil.
Now, consider the whole of society.
What we need is better education, not censorship. Most people are educated badly and thus evil.

Education fixes the problems at the root. Censorship just makes sure that "real" knowledge is highly concentrated at the top of power hierarchy. We want knowledge to be available to all including good people and evil people. Widespread knowlege creates level-playing field. Anything other than knowledge for all creates a cruel power pyramid.

Education is the slow path, but it is the ultimate solution and the only long-term solution. What doesn't work(censorship) is infinitely slower than what works even if that which doesn't work seems to change things fast.

So, my recommendation is to amplify the voice of truths through efforts and care so that the voice of lies are overwhelmed. We need to become amplifiers of truths.
Become a human amplifier of truths. A free market of ideas is the best environment. Instead of censoring lies, expose lies. Let lies fight with truths in the open light. Everything should be laid out in the open. We will collectively lose in the dark.

If we look to censorship, it is going to be abused 100% by evil people, given some time. In the current condition, most people are badly informed, and the kinds of censorship they advocate are misguided as well.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
ChatGPT makes stuff up, and it’s ‘database’ is the Internet.
It's very similar to an automated troll. I can't wait until hapless business owners try to use it for useful work :D

Trell

Major Contributor
ChatGPT makes stuff up, and it’s ‘database’ is the Internet.
1680355748242.png

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Bear in mind that the database of information being gleaned, parsed, and regurgitated by these AI toys* currently being played with contains stuff like this -- at least on one day in April every year.

1680356731331.png

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Bear in mind that the database of information being gleaned, parsed, and regurgitated by these AI toys* currently being played with contains stuff like this -- at least on one day in April every year.

View attachment 276398

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Using the internet as a serious information source is like dragging the bottom of a cesspool for valuables. Hilarity must ensue.
Of course, sometimes one does drag up the occasional diamond ring...
:cool:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
D

Deleted member 58865

Willfully lying is a wrong doing. Thus, there is no such thing as the right to willfully lie.

That doesn't mean censorship is not a wrong doing. Censorship ends up stealing vital information from people. Stealing vital information from people is a wrong doing.

What we need to do is to expose lies and fight lies by amplifying truths and educating people better. Fight those who speak lies in the open light. Censorship ends up keeping most people in the dark. That's a bad thing. Instead of hiding things under the rug, openly confront wrong doers.

OldHvyMec

Forum Donor
What we need is better education, not censorship. Most people are educated badly and thus evil.
Wow! People are educated differently. I dare say disagreeing with you is a real issue.

Lets get this clear. It takes one to know one. I like this forum less, "it's my way or the highway" answers. Nothing is written in stone except what is written in stone.

Science evolves just like the human mind. After all, science exist because of our changing minds and thoughts. Someone had to mix colors to get different colors
along the way. I guess there was a few that thought the rainbow was all there was when it came to color.

Because people disagree doesn't mean they are educated badly (poorly ?) or evil (wrong ?). Weird selection of words to say the least. BUT I'm not educated at
all, is that worse than EVIL? Use BIG words impress me.

The word salad kings lose 90% of their appeal to me in the first sentence. It goes down from there. What you say, is who you are on the webb. What you
do is who you are in the real world.

"MOST people are educated badly". No they are not. Lazy maybe!

1/2 of a regard, I'll think about the rest.

PS don't take up preaching, you will starve to death. :cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom