• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Just received one from Audiophonics in France which was supposed to have just a tiny scratch on the top but never being used, the scratch is barely noticeable but only the headphone output is working and not the loudspeaker output, I tried it with USB, BT and AUX IN inputs, all the same, weekend is ruined... :confused:

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just received one from Audiophonics in France which was supposed to have just a tiny scratch on the top but never being used, the scratch is barely noticeable but only the headphone output is working and not the loudspeaker output, I tried it with USB, BT and AUX IN inputs, all the same, weekend is ruined... :confused:
Just a stupid idea: pehaps you have to disconnect the headphones to have the loudspeakers ouputs working?

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Just a stupid idea: pehaps you have to disconnect the headphones to have the loudspeakers ouputs working?
Unfortunately not, the output headphone/loudspeaker is switched through a menu. (I only connected headphones later to test if its a problem of the DAC or preamp amp part).

A six pack of beer should be able to fix at least that problem.
Does some good gin or whisky work too? :p

Zek

Major Contributor
Try disconnecting it from the mains for a while, it may reset, so try selecting the speaker output again.

palatin8

FYI if you are based in Europe: I could not wait, so I ordered one A30 from audiophonics.fr and one directly from Loxjie via aliexpress. Audiophonics' delivery arrived in estimated time 7-14 days, though it was the last item in stock. ALI's order from Nov 22 2020 did not arrive yet. It is not all Loxjie's fault because Deutsche Post did not deliver, but sent it back to China. But why the hell do they send it as registered letter, and not as a parcel? And why can't they force redilivery in acceptable time?

ctakim

Forum Donor
FYI if you are based in Europe: I could not wait, so I ordered one A30 from audiophonics.fr and one directly from Loxjie via aliexpress. Audiophonics' delivery arrived in estimated time 7-14 days, though it was the last item in stock. ALI's order from Nov 22 2020 did not arrive yet. It is not all Loxjie's fault because Deutsche Post did not deliver, but sent it back to China. But why the hell do they send it as registered letter, and not as a parcel? And why can't they force redilivery in acceptable time?

In the US (California), I ordered the Loxjie A30 from Hifi-Express on Jan 23 and it was delived on Feb 13 in good condition. Not quite Amazon Prime, but overall a good experience.

Bartender1981

Hi guys sorry for my poor English..
I'm using this little gem on my Triangle Esprit floorstanding speakers.
I need some info...
First :bluethoot, is it aptx hd or not?
I'VE Readed a lot of enthusiastic reviews of xtz edge a-300 but measurement made by amir aren't so good.
Is there any Class D amplifier in the 500-600$ budget with balanced imputs that have good measurement? Thanks

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
Is there any Class D amplifier in the 500-600$ budget with balanced imputs that have good measurement?
You should find some nCore based amps in that price range. VTV or Buckeye probably represent the entry level. They all tend to measure similarly using those modules - it's only when adding manufacturer-implemented buffers in the higher end models that the differences usually appear.

SAC_2

What are the parameters of the EQ? Is it parametric??? A little amp like this with a DSP would be amazing.

rzadzu

How bad is the headphone output? Does it sound better or worse than FX-Audio DAC-X6?

enno

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Got here looking for a small amp/DAC for my desk speaker as the old amp was breaking down. With some googling I landed here and found this nice loxjie A30. Got mine a month ago and really like it so far. Though I don't consider my self a audiophile nor am I actually listening to that much music. But I built my own speakers and I'm quiet interested in the technical aspects of audio.
So I had the itch to know what the A30 looks like on the inside.

Though some of you might also curious so here are some pictures.

IMG_6244.JPGIMG_6245.JPGIMG_6246.JPGIMG_6247.JPGIMG_6249.JPGIMG_6250.JPGIMG_6251.JPGIMG_6252.JPGIMG_6253.JPGIMG_6254.JPGIMG_6255.JPGIMG_6256.JPGIMG_6257.JPGIMG_6258.JPGIMG_6259.JPGIMG_6260.JPG

kupochan

Hi, sorry for this silly question but the review mentioned it has a builtin USB DAC. Does this mean in order to use that builtin DAC we have to use USB input? I'm planning to get a pair of Infinity R162 from my local store for around $170. Will it work with this amp? I can definitely use the headphone output occasionally as well.

Xeleron

Hi, sorry for this silly question but the review mentioned it has a builtin USB DAC. Does this mean in order to use that builtin DAC we have to use USB input? I'm planning to get a pair of Infinity R162 from my local store for around $170. Will it work with this amp? I can definitely use the headphone output occasionally as well.
There are no silly questions ;) Yeah it stands for Digital to Analog Converter, so in order to use it you need to have a digital source such as the spdif or usb connection to use that. Also can use RCA analog inputs if you want ofcourse. You can switch between speaker and headphone output through the menu or a button on the remote

kupochan

There are no silly questions ;) Yeah it stands for Digital to Analog Converter, so in order to use it you need to have a digital source such as the spdif or usb connection to use that. Also can use RCA analog inputs if you want ofcourse. You can switch between speaker and headphone output through the menu or a button on the remote
Thanks for the quick answer but what I meant is do I have to use USB input exclusively in order to get the benefit of the builtin DAC. In other worlds, will other inputs be processed by the builtin DAC as well before going to the amp?

enno

Thanks for the quick answer but what I meant is do I have to use USB input exclusively in order to get the benefit of the builtin DAC. In other worlds, will other inputs be processed by the builtin DAC as well before going to the amp?

No. All digital input, USB, Coaxial SPDIF and optical Toslink have to use the DAC.
They all deliver the audio in digital form and it needs to be converted to analog before the signal can be amplified.
So all apart from the analog inputs go through the DAC.

Edit:
And you dont have to plug any thing in the USB port. I think it even get turned off if another source is selected.
I for example use an appleTV with an optical Toslink output. So my streamed music is digital all the way to the A30 and then there converted to analog and amplified

Last edited:

ctakim

Forum Donor
Enno is spot on, you can use Coaxial SPDIF or ooptical toslink digital inputs to the unit. The only quirky thing is the Coxial SPDIF input does double duty with the RCA input, so if you use that for digital, you can't have analog inputs in use at the same time. Not really an issue for me as I use the USB input exclusively, thus taking advantage of the onboard DAC.

SAC_2

I would imagine the USB is used both as an input and as the connection for your PC to adjust the DSP

Man I wish I had found this before. I have bought about $500 in components recently and this would replace all of them.

Has anyone played with the DSP? Would it allow me to highpass speakers and lowpass the SW out? What are the adjustments like?

Top Bottom