• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

Jack

I just got mine today. I have noticed an issue with the AUX IN when connected to a DAC. All sorts of high pitched digital noises can be heard through the speakers when I turned the volume up to 25 and higher. When paired with my old amplifier I can't hear any of these noises. When I used the A30's internal DAC via USB it doesn't make these sounds either. I'm really not sure what's going on. Has anyone else experienced these noises when using the RCA inputs?

Here are the sounds I was talking about.
The sounds are louder than what the camera picks up on.

Toku

Major Contributor
Try replacing the power supply with another one.

Toku

Major Contributor

6uellerBpanda

the loxjie a30 was the first device I bought 'cause of the positive feedback in this forum and I got not disappointed.

I replaced it with my cambridge audio cxa80 and was pleasantly surprised that this small and cheap amp/dac delivers the same performance as the cxa80.
from my subjective view I couldn't say that the audio is better nor worse but considering the price difference I'm impressed and will stick to it.

It also has enough power for my totem sttaf to play very loud - which was my biggest concern when buying it.
I don't know the max volume this amp can produce 'cause at 50 it's already hurting my ears.

the power supply is working fine. no strange noises coming from the loudspeaker.

I can confirm though that the usb input (I use it as a usb dac from a intel nuc with roon) has lower volume compared to optical for whatever reason.

the only criticism I've is the remote control. it looks/feels very cheap and connection to the device is also very poor - sometimes not reacting and you need to be very near and aim correctly. due to the fact that I use my logitech harmony for this it's not really problem for me but I just want to mention it.

boselover61

Here are the sounds I was talking about.
The sounds are louder than what the camera picks up on.
Hey mate this might sound r*tarded but I shit you not, the problem was my RCA cables. I have the same SOUND/noise you get from the video and I tried changing USB/ source everything and it didn't worked. I noticed I'm using a $1 dollar store rca cable that has virtually zero to none shielding, swapped it out for a high quality shield rca cable (it's like $25 so not snakeoil cables) and the hiss goes away instantly... so yeah check that. I also swapped 3 different power supplies and the hiss was still there but the instant an rca swap, it goes away.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
That whine is crazy. I run mine to 50 and have run it to max (60) and never had any issues.

alberto1069

the loxjie a30 was the first device I bought 'cause of the positive feedback in this forum and I got not disappointed.

I replaced it with my cambridge audio cxa80 and was pleasantly surprised that this small and cheap amp/dac delivers the same performance as the cxa80.
from my subjective view I couldn't say that the audio is better nor worse but considering the price difference I'm impressed and will stick to it.

It also has enough power for my totem sttaf to play very loud - which was my biggest concern when buying it.
I don't know the max volume this amp can produce 'cause at 50 it's already hurting my ears.

the power supply is working fine. no strange noises coming from the loudspeaker.

I can confirm though that the usb input (I use it as a usb dac from a intel nuc with roon) has lower volume compared to optical for whatever reason.

the only criticism I've is the remote control. it looks/feels very cheap and connection to the device is also very poor - sometimes not reacting and you need to be very near and aim correctly. due to the fact that I use my logitech harmony for this it's not really problem for me but I just want to mention it.
Very good to hear this opinion from you.
The fact that you cannot hear the difference with one of the best amplifier in the market is really amazing and make me more happy of my purchase. What is your speaker dB rating?

jonk72

Thanks for the review of this small little amplifier. Replaced my SMSL AD18 with this guy and happy with it.

Reason i swapped out the AD18 is because:

1. Feels hot when touching it.
2. Can feel electric static when touching it
3. Can hear the power brick sound humming even thou i got a replacement from seller

Vladetz

Does anyone know of a dealer or shop that has it currently in stock and ships also to Europe?
Aliexpress ships to all countries of europe
Actually I do not understand why some people in europe are afraid of aliexpress
I'm living in Russia and sometimes we do not have any other option - ebay/amazon/etc do not ship here

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Vladetz

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I bought it from Amazon and used an external courier to ship to central america, don't know if theres stuff like that for EU
Thank you, its a shame that unlike the Loxjie D30 the A30 isn't sold abroad directly from Amazon US.

jonk72

Thank you, its a shame that unlike the Loxjie D30 the A30 isn't sold abroad directly from Amazon US.

Guess that they are currently celebrating this coming chinese new year in china now. most pobably they will resume taking orders a few weeks later

Top Bottom