• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Artists You Have Discovered Lately

UCrazyKid

escape2

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Post rock from Sweden: pg.lost, from their latest "Oscillate" album:

Reactions: 001

Forum Donor
Just bumped into Hooverphonic. Wow, love their style. This track smells vaguely 'James Bond-ish'. I've plunged ahead and bought several albums on bandcamp. Just love it.

Forum Donor
Forgot to say, Hooverphonic are Belgian outfit, so then I looked for more 'Belgian' singers and then I found 'Selah Sue'. Where have I been all these years! She's so cool. It's 'the end of the world' mood here but so well done. Enjoy.
then to this
So good.

Forum Donor
And now for something completely different. Aldous Harding, New Zealand, I confess to being taken in by the video; my eyes couldn't believe my brain. what.was.she.doing.with.that.hat. Monty Python anyone? But then I just listened to her and she's got me twice now. Enjoy. Sorry about the vid :)

Forum Donor
Hhhmm, I've obviously been living under a musical rock. I've started falling running down rabbit holes on the intertube and found Dave Grusin 'punta del soul'. I've got a *lot* of listen-catchup to do.

Forum Donor
Matt Corby. Unique voice. Utterly soulful singer. Tugs on my musical soul strings.

posvibes

There are a few artists I have discovered over the last couple/few years, some of whom I was vaguely aware of and others that came out of the blue. Some of them listed below I have investigated quite deeply and have just been amazed at their catalogue, their musical breadth and depth.

Daniel Melingo
Christina Pluhar
Jordi Savall
Prokofiev
Anat Fort
Hadouk Trio
Percy Grainger
Ravel

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It wins no awards for recording quality (Im guessing Zambia in the 70's wasnt at the cutting edge of recording tech) but damn this has a groove.

Top Bottom