• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Trouble Maker

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The Yahama RS-202 seems like a great price for a budget system, secondary system, amp for another zone.

Nice. If anyone is thinking of this $99 100W Yamaha receiver as a stocking stuffer, maybe send it to Amir first? This would be a phenomenal piece to review.
https://www.accessories4less.com/ma...00-watts-natural-sound-stereo-receiver/1.html

That is an insanely good price! On Amazon it is $170.

FYI to anyone looking at this, the A4L one is a refurb. Still seems like a smoking deal.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
In-wall Passive (for US buyers):
JBL Arena 6IW
6.5” Woofer, claimed response 38Hz - 20kHz
Regular US$200/ea, now on sale for US$60/ea (70% off) on jbl.com. Price visible when you "add to cart".

Those might be just the ceiling speakers I've been looking for...
Great find!

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks sold out but there is an alternative on sale as well:
https://www.harmanaudio.com/STUDIO28IW.html

Not on sale but looks pretty good for a ceiling application:
https://www.harmanaudio.com/custom-install-speakers/ARENA8ICAM.html

I simulated up to 6 units and the reduction was applied as @sweetchaos indicated.
But ...I'm not living in states o_O, so I gave up.
I already had a bitter experience buying cheap Etymotic's in the Us sent by a friend, hence +postage+clearance aso and took a month untill I had those .
So I'll stick to buy in EU.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Passive Bookshelf (for US buyers):
Martin Logan Motion 15i
5.25" woofer
Was US$425/ea, now on sale for US$318/ea (25% off) on amazon.com (lowest price in the last year)
Available in White, Red Walnut, Black.

Martin Logan Motion 35XTi
6.5" woofer
Was US$700/ea, now on sale for US$524/ea (25% off) on amazon.com (lowest price in the last year).
Available in White, Red Walnut, Black (not on sale).
Measurements

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Audio Interface (for US buyers):
Motu M4
Was unavailable for over a month, but it's back in stock at sweetwater now, at regular price of US$219.
Amazon.com is overpriced by US$80.
Bhphotovideo and guitarcenter is still backordered.

TimW

Major Contributor
JBL has the Studio 570 floor standers for $198 each. These use the 5 1/4 woofers.
That's a tempting deal but I have never liked the design of this model. First of all it is less than 3ft tall, so it's hardly a floorstanding speaker. Secondly it only has a 2 way crossover unlike the 2.5 way 590 model. This means there will be comb filtering in the midrange due to both woofers playing in that region.

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That's a tempting deal but I have never liked the design of this model. First of all it is less than 3ft tall, so it's hardly a floorstanding speaker. Secondly it only has a 2 way crossover unlike the 2.5 way 590 model. This means there will be comb filtering in the midrange due to both woofers playing in that region.

Well, it's intended to stand on the bare floor and not on stands, so that's still a (smaller) floor-standing speaker.
What is the minimum acceptable size for a floor stander ?

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Dayton Audio SUB-1200
12" Subwoofer
$134.95 on Parts Express with promo code PREFR1. (YMMV.)

These have gone for $99 in the past, but it looks like not for quite a while (5+ years ago).
@hardisj
Please consider testing this. It is the most recommended <$200 12” sub after the BIC F12.
That said, 2010 measurements do already exist for it.

EDIT: Actually, maybe due to Covid, the F12 which used to hover around $175 is now $210.

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
@hardisj
Please consider testing this. It is the most recommended <$200 12” sub after the BIC F12.
That said, 2010 measurements do already exist for it.

EDIT: Actually, maybe due to Covid, the F12 which used to hover around $175 is now $210.

I’d be happy to. Need the funds to buy it, though. Unless someone has one they’d be willing to loan for testing.

infinitesymphony

Major Contributor
This week Massdrop holiday sales showcasing some of our all-time audio favorites at up to 50 percent off. Whether you’re shopping for yourself or a friend, there’s never been a better time to experience audiophile sound. Massdrop HOLIDAY SPECIALS Sale
Drives me nuts that Drop prompts you to sign in to get details about an item, but if you Google that same item and navigate to the page that way, it shows you the details without signing in.

Top Bottom