• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of Soncoz LA-QXD1 Pre-production "Evolution of KTE Board"

OP
WolfX-700

WolfX-700

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Noise spectrum, jitter in ps? Perhaps compare to your budget spdif converter that is also good.

I will do this, after completing the Gustard P26 preamp measurement-believe me, this thing requires a lot of measurement, there is no SOP at all

Veri

Master Contributor
I will do this, after completing the Gustard P26 preamp measurement-believe me, this thing requires a lot of measurement, there is no SOP at all
OK! Gustard P26, exciting!! :D

Green_X5

Forum Donor
Hello everybody! This is my first post. Sorry for my translation of English.
This is a very beautiful engineering product, a great success of the developer. But I was waiting for the SRT6862 and SRT6863 to be swap places for the mute keys on the differential cascade. These are energy-efficient oamp and we measured and heard it. Without XLR connectors but contact pins on the board so that I can use durable professional connectors. And contact pins for volume wires. And I was expecting the old price of $ 100. Case as an option. I could also integrate this board into an amplifier or other professional device.
I am a home audiophile. I am a musician. I value my money and can distinguish the professional series of the ES chip against mobile by name. My name is legion. I am a buyer on Aliexpress.
I am waiting for price $ 100 for bestselling DIY board. Good luck!

Last edited:

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Why? It's a minor xmos firmware change if it's not already implemented. The Tone Board didn't magically become more expensive when they added volume control through USB in a new firmware release.

Well, then, maybe he'll add the feature in a future firmware update.

mt196

This is a simple measurement and the question is what do you want to know.

Jitter or something else?

I have something else to measure today, you can tell me what kind of measurement I want me to take, I can do it later
It is not important actually, but I remember Amirm testing the D10 from Topping as a USB to SPDIF converter in order to see how much of the original signal was "converted" to SPDIF and it went out to be a very good DAC also for that purpose. I mean, probably no one will buy it for that, but knowing that it will do it without degrading or adding jitter to the signal, would be something nice to know :)

D

Deleted member 3718

@Ben1987 are LA-QXD1 and SGD1 compatible with 32 kHz sample rate via SPDIF? I see most DAC's do not go below 44.1 kHz sample rate

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Mr Wolf, I'm investigating on the hump issue a bit further to see what exactly is going on. Would you please test for -45db and -35db spectrum for some reference?

OP
WolfX-700

WolfX-700

Forum Donor
Mr Wolf, I'm investigating on the hump issue a bit further to see what exactly is going on. Would you please test for -45db and -35db spectrum for some reference?

Is it okay tomorrow? There are a lot of measurements to do on the weekend, and my table has almost exploded.

trl

Major Contributor
King of Mods
OP
WolfX-700

WolfX-700

Forum Donor
Sure! Take your time.
IMD-35.jpg
IMD-40.jpg
IMD-45.jpg

porotikos

right when i got my khadas, i see this. i will have this for sure.
hope this is also shipped from europe, so that we europeans avoid customs. or at least it can be shipped through gearbest or banggood using priority direct mail, so no customs for us.
this really looks amazing. this thread is bookmarked.
will the dac need any drivers? (just asking).
thank you for your terrific work

Green_X5

Forum Donor
oh sorry, this is not the same thread, I am considering the SMSL 10th for purchase :)
I'm waiting for the same great engineering Soncoz product with a chip AK4490

Top Bottom