• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Mine too... of course, they're scheduled for delivery on Thursday... hope they arrive before I leave for dinner - or not until Friday. :confused:
15748005301837591913509843071236.jpg

Got mine today. That was a pretty good deal...hope you get yours soon!

Last edited:

john5220

Do I buy Monoprice True Wireless? they are much more expensive than Soundpeats on Amazon

Looking for some portable headphones but here its hot and humid, so earbuds is a must. Maybe probably not an absolute must but when I walk I do want something that wont sweaty up I suspect even fabric open back over the ear might fail

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The normally quite hard to find JBL Studio 530 bookshelf speakers are available direct for $300 a pair shipped. Excellent prices on the matching subwoofer, huge Studio 590s and 520C center speakers as well. The 530s sold out quickly the last time they were available.

Last edited:

digicidal

Major Contributor
Got mine today. That was a pretty good deal...hope you get yours soon!

Good old UPS :mad: what a schiit show, lol. I got one monitor and the cables today... the other one is supposed to get here on Monday - because it went to Kentucky for some odd reason. Tracking shows it as a 2 parcel shipment going out on same day... so that's clearly UPS's fault - nothing to do with Adorama. Here's hoping it arrives all in one piece.

Luyil

Not sure of whether affiliate links are allowed here so I won't comment the link (please delete comment if not), but there is a Linus Tech Tips affiliate link going around to get the HD6XX for $40 off ($180 after using link). It's on his Facebook page if you are after it. Can someone convince me not to buy it?

TungstenC

Not sure of whether affiliate links are allowed here so I won't comment the link (please delete comment if not), but there is a Linus Tech Tips affiliate link going around to get the HD6XX for $40 off ($180 after using link). It's on his Facebook page if you are after it. Can someone convince me not to buy it?
If your happy with what you have then there's no reason to buy it...I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Luyil

If your happy with what you have then there's no reason to buy it...I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Looks like the HD6XX is now showing "out of stock" on the affiliate link (still stock on full price drop listing), so phew...

mi-fu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Amazon and Best Buy have 1MORE Triple Driver Over-Ear Headphones for $140.

maty

Major Contributor

tiggers

Looks like the HD6XX is now showing "out of stock" on the affiliate link (still stock on full price drop listing), so phew...
I was tempted as well, but I also just received the 58x's for a great deal a few weeks ago ($115 after sale and -$20 newcomer discount) and it would be hard to justify to the wife spending more on headphones :). When I got my son to try the 58x's to listen to his Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 1 CD, he stopped about 15 seconds into the first song with a smile on his head and said "it's like I can hear the spittle coming out of their mouths while they sing". LOL. Cannot wait to have him listen to a few SACD's. Maybe next year on the HD6xx's.

Right now, I am hoping on a good deal on a DAC/Amp combo for around $150-200. I'm keenly eyeing the Topping D30/A30, or D30/JDS Atom combo, or the more desktop friendly DX3 Pro's. Also wondering about closed-back headphone options (more for gaming) as well.

Hoping for a BF deal soon on something!

Note1: For those looking at the D30/A30 combo, I saw a deal where you get the D30, A30 and their mini stand for $209, shipped.
Also, if it hasn't been posted, Amazon is also selling the Philips SH9500's for ~50% off ($55) and the Phillips Fidelio x2's for $100 (another open back I'm having to say no to...)
Note2: For the gamers out there, the Sennheiser 37X on Mass Drop is now $90 ($70 if you have never signed up on MassDrop). This seems like a really good deal to me. My son is really wanting a gaming headphone with a mic, and after reading good reviews and the recent experience with the 58Xs.... I think I can get that one by the wife :)
Note3: also saw that, for CyberMonday, Drop will be having the HD58Xs again down to $135. $115 for new users with -$20 discount.

Last edited:

tiggers

Also, I don't know much about this amp (Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 DAC/Amp). But it's marked down from $550 to $200 on Massdrop as well. Not sure if that's because people are not buying (ok sound, but not for the $550 price), or it's a special price. But if people are looking for it, it seems like a pretty big discount.

Last edited:

bigjacko

Addicted to Fun and Learning
For NZ people, computer lounge got black friday sell going on, lots of headphones, audio stuff and other computer hardware got discounts. Specially headphones got very good discounts.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Also, I don't know much about this amp (Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 DAC/Amp). But it's marked down from $550 to $200 on Massdrop as well. Not sure if that's because people are not buying (ok sound, but not for the $550 price), or it's a special price. But if people are looking for it, it seems like a pretty big discount.
It has very low output power. At 300 ohms, it only produces 10 milliwatts. This is phone dongle category! Hard to imagine why it sells for such a high price.

Tks

Major Contributor
Looks line Toppings, thru their Amazon store, is having 15% off on some of their gear.

Examples:
DX3 Pro $186
D30 $94
NX4 $136

https://www.amazon.com/stores/node/...bl_dp_s_web_5288618011&productGridPageIndex=2

Now I have to decide tomorrow: DX3 Pro? Or an JDS Atom/D30 combo? Both will be about the same price.

Eh, I'd go with the Pro if bluetooth input is important to you. Otherwise the Atom simply due to the DX3 Pro's now silly high output impedance metric. Unless of course you don't plan on using any headphones under 50/60 ohms.

Rollaven

Eh, I'd go with the Pro if bluetooth input is important to you. Otherwise the Atom simply due to the DX3 Pro's now silly high output impedance metric. Unless of course you don't plan on using any headphones under 50/60 ohms.

Think you made an error, the output is 1.0 ohm, not that high...

1575024345984.png

Top Bottom