• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Cahudson42

Major Contributor
As well as the Phillips Fidelio HP at $99, the SHP9500 is $55:

Philips SHP9500 HiFi Precision Stereo Over-Ear Headphones (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ENMK1DW/

These are very light, very comfortable open backs, and IMO a great buy for secondary use. I have a set paired with a small $25 bt receiver that I use with my Fire TV. Beats any MPOW or other bt headphones I've heard.

@solderdude 's take:
https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/brands-philips/shp9500/

The SHP9500 is also relatively sensitive at 101db. They work great on my LG V20 3.5mm. When the LG is tricked first into 'high impedance' mode there really is no need for an additional amp..

Here is the $25 bt receiver I use with them:
CAMWAY Bluetooth 5.0 DAC, 192kHZ Digital to Analog Audio Converter with Bluetooth Receiver, Optical/Coaxial to RCA 3.5mm Audio Output with Volume Control for TV Phone Tablet Amplifer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DJ9SRGY/

No, the receiver/amp above is likely not to ever get the 'hit it out of the park' panther, but for watching TV, it's fine.

Last edited:

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
About Focal I think you must read:

Focal Beryllium Tweeter Upgrade

http://pqltd.blogspot.com/2016/04/

Focal Profile

Be_FRD.jpg
Except Focal Aria don't use Beryllium tweeter at all. TNF inverted dome tweeter.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Last edited:

wadec22

JDS Labs El DAC B-stock $149, good deal. Overall audio Black Friday deals are a bit underwhelming.
That's an awesome deal.

There have been some pretty good deals;
-audeze b stock sale was great
-philips x2 for $99 is great
-shp9500 for $55 is pretty good
-6xx with extra pads for $180/160 was good
-focal elegia for $449 is pretty good

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
JBL 104 Pair $49.77 + Free Shipping at ebay. Add them to your cart to see the discount.

gvl

Major Contributor
I grabbed a pair of JBL 104s. Not that I need them, but, couldn't just pass a pair of active monitors for 50 bucks.

john5220

Doesn't ship to Europe.

Just sign up for any Freight Forwarder that delivers to you and you can always buy from anyone who ships to the US. You can also choose not to send any invoice which will let customs assume a price and you usually come out always cheaper, I saye hundreds of dollars by doing this where I live in the Caribbean

bigjacko

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Just sign up for any Freight Forwarder that delivers to you and you can always buy from anyone who ships to the US. You can also choose not to send any invoice which will let customs assume a price and you usually come out always cheaper, I saye hundreds of dollars by doing this where I live in the Caribbean
How do you even tell them to not include invoice? For shipping you always need to claim the value of the shipment. I buy things in US and ship to NZ, those customs make me headache too, so want some tips for it.

maxxevv

Major Contributor

It doesn't work that way in many countries in Europe. The Customs there are pretty on the ball about such stuff and will hold the items until they determine the appropriate value of the item. Usually via a web search and the receiver usually will be required to pay the requisite tax value based on the MSRP of the item instead.

And that's on top of usually a penalty for inappropriate paperwork.

Not a happy thing when it happens ...

Veri

Master Contributor
It doesn't work that way in many countries in Europe. The Customs there are pretty on the ball about such stuff and will hold the items until they determine the appropriate value of the item. Usually via a web search and the receiver usually will be required to pay the requisite tax value based on the MSRP of the item instead.

And that's on top of usually a penalty for inappropriate paperwork.

Not a happy thing when it happens ...
Just got taxed €38 for SMSL SP200...
No explanation/calculation. Belgium.

Top Bottom