• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 284 58.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 176 36.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If this video ever comes out, it is major progress. He has been telling me for weeks now that the only way he would publish the video would be as part of litigation:

"Once I [Eric] post the video there's no turning back. I think our lawyers should talk about this before I do this. Please provide me with your legal counsel contact information and I'll have my guy reach out to him.

You're not the first person to review my product and come to flawed/false conclusions that paint me in a false light. I could arrange to line you up with a past reviewer that might be able to help you with your pride and help you see the light so to speak. Would you like to consider speaker with this person?"
Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

@Eric Alexander you are in way over your head. You are outsized, outwit, you brought a plastic knife to a gun fight.

You should really do you homework and size up your opponent next time you bark. Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
That is definitely a comprehensive definition. Is that your cel tel? :D

Pop-up dictionary in macOS (if that was the question) super handy. I think Oxford, or Miriam-Webster, not sure if it's country-specific ...

Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 9.24.01 am.png

... actually yes and configurable, top is part of a scrollable list, mine would just be country defaults, as I haven't really checked before.

dday84

One must be very carefull, this is not some cheap chinese import, it is an American product, reputation and jobs at stake here.

This was a 6 month old review thread that got revived, mostly because of Eric himself. This single ASR review of one of what appears to be 30 different models of speaker in the Tekton lineup was not putting Tekton's reputation, business, and its employees at stake........not in the least.

Due to what Eric has posted here as well as his response to Erin's review of the Troubador model on his site....these are the major hits to him and his company's reputation from what I can see.

I sure did not care one iota about this thread before last week. I had seen evidence previously of how Tekton dealt with customers and reviewers that were not gushing with total praise, and because of that I personally decided years ago that Tekton was on my own "do not buy" list for speakers. Then when I saw by chance what was happening in this thread I found it sad and bewidering, but also somewhat fascinating that a company president would pull two models he sells from his website over a single review on each (...and reviews that really were not even really bad in my eyes...).

Good grief.....and now I see what he posted on his website page for the Mini Lore and why it is not for sale.

stringer

If this video ever comes out, it is major progress. He has been telling me for weeks now that the only way he would publish the video would be as part of litigation:

"Once I [Eric] post the video there's no turning back. I think our lawyers should talk about this before I do this. Please provide me with your legal counsel contact information and I'll have my guy reach out to him.

You're not the first person to review my product and come to flawed/false conclusions that paint me in a false light. I could arrange to line you up with a past reviewer that might be able to help you with your pride and help you see the light so to speak. Would you like to consider speaker with this person?"

His lawyers must not be very good. "False light" has to do with invasion of privacy tort claims. Like when a private individual gets portrayed in an inaccurate way by a corporation. Kind of ironic in this situation.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Pop-up dictionary in macOS (if that was the question) super handy. I think Oxford, or Miriam-Webster, not sure if it's country-specific ...

View attachment 362362
... actually yes and configurable, top is part of a scrollable list, mine would just be country defaults, as I haven't really checked before.
Very nice. I have Google for a dictionary. Not as comprehensive at all.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

I can guess your reaction:

choofed.gif

AdamG

Enjoy the Music your way…
Forum Donor
yep, and no speaker on the market is perfectly linear.

They all have deviations across the audible frequency range range. What maters is how significant the deviations are, and at what frequencies they occur.
Not to mention Vertical and Horizontal dispersion and including on-axis and off-axis response performance providing good directivity in both. Getting all of these attributes right is crucial for achieving reference level SPL without audible levels of distortion. Then we like to see adequate margins with regard to distortion that will accommodate room mode Equalization compensations and subwoofer integration. Getting all of this right requires trial and error using measurements to drive improvements and refinement. So simple a caveman can do it! :p

HeadDoc12

Forum Donor
Everyone, understand that I'm not seeking a 'life coach' at this time - I'm good.
How about a business coach? A marketing coach? A public relations coach? SOMEONE to tell you that the way to handle criticism is to provide evidence to the contrary, ignore it, improve your product, disagree with the approach, ANYTHING other than try to bully people doing honest work. Is Elon Musk your hero, because if so, you might want to see how HIS behavior has affected his companies' bottom lines. Not pretty. It is actually pretty astounding how many times you have ignored everyone here who has asked for ANY measurements you have done. You could say: "We tune by ear, not measurements" like MANY companies claim. Again, it is just so childish. You can STILL get out of this just by admitting that SOME of what you said was in the heat of the moment, and that you disagree with the entire philosophy of ASR, and how it defines sound quality. But you won't. You seem pathologically (yep, I said it) incapable of seeing anyone else's point of view, or showing even the tiniest iota of respect to people who disagree with you. Here's a nice irony: I am kind of a sucker for unusual speaker designs, planar, electrostatic, bipole... whatever it is, I want to know WHY some people do unconventional things with speakers, and why some people love the result. Until this thread, I didn't know that your company's claim to fame was this low-mass midrange array thing you've got going. I would've been curious if - regardless of any other characteristics - this approach offered some kind of sonic benefit. Now I couldn't care less. Same reason I will never own a Tesla - the halo effect is real, and you might want to educate yourself about how to be the face of a company you clearly take a lot of pride in. Or better yet: find a coach.

Gwreck

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
This was my reply to Eric the same day:

----
Mar 15, 2024
Dear Mr. Alexander:

You sent me a sent a message earlier today but closed the conversation so I could not respond. Here is that reply.

I would be more than happy to post your response video as a counter to my review and promote it to home page so it is noticed. I always appreciate and welcome manufacturer comments and this is no exception. Please provide a link when it is ready.

As to pulling the review today, you have provided no information as to why my review is erroneous. Or how you have been injured in any way. I can't just censor reviews because a company asks for it. When other companies properly object, they provide their own measurements to counter mine. You did not do that in the comment section of the public review thread, nor are you doing it here. I hope you appreciate how bad it would look if I went around and hid negative reviews just because a company asks for it. It would damage my reputation as an objective and unbliased reporter of testing that I provide, and put me "in bed" with companies at the expense of consumers.

Of course, if you have found real, valid issues in my reviews, I will do everything to correct including marking the review or even deleting it. But per above, you have not done so.

As to threat of legal action, please keep the following in mind:

1. Your speaker was tested using state of the art Klippel Near-field scanner (retail cost about $100,000). Same tests were run as I have run on some 200 speakers.

2. Testing complies with national and US standards bodies of ANSI/CEA/CTA-2034. No special tests were created to make your product look different in testing. Same objective evaluations were applied to countless other speakers in the market and data generated. My testing is authoritative and accepted by industry luminaries as being trustworthy as it backs decades of research into what measurements most correlate with listener/buyer preference. The data mostly speaks for itself, leaving me little room to opine personally.

3. You do not provide any such measurements on your speaker so it is impossible to know if measurement data is in error or not.

4. You were not mentioned in the review, nor did I know who you were until you post in the review thread. I have said nothing negative about you personally, or your design skills. My assessment is only about the product in hand, the Tektron M-Lore Mini.

5. Along the same lines, I made no assessment whatsoever about any other speakers you have designed. I have not tested them and would not make any such comments without the type of data I gathered on M-Lore Mini.

6. In your response to my review, you stated: "The facts are most audiophiles don't go for the frequency response and corrections the reviewer has suggested. " Bolding mine. If that is a fact, then there should have been no negative impact on you or sale of your products. In fact you stated that you can design speakers that comply with above standard with ease but choosing not to. If you were wrong about this "fact," then seeing how you have the ability to produce products that comply with the standard, you should be able to pivot quickly and have even a nicer business by taking advantage of our membership's interest in such products. The review then has provided valuable information to you on a new direction for your product development.

7. You offered to provide a speaker that performs well in my testing. Members took you up on that offer to either send a speaker to me, or another reviewer with similar testing ("Erin's Audio Corner.") You never acknowledged if would do this. I would imagine if your reputation was harmed as a designer, being able to follow through with your promise would help mitigate that. But again, I have said nothing negative about you. Indeed, I believe your assertion that you can design a much better speaker that would do well in my testing. Other companies such as Ascend have done exactly that. Your skills are not in question. Your design decisions to go against decades of peer reviewed research as to what makes a good speaker, are.

8. For your part, you made personal accusations about my knowledge of audio industry, listener preferences, etc. And now making legal threats. Please carefully review your conduct as I too have options for legal action although I have a very thick skin when it comes to such proclamations.

So please follow up with a link when you have the video ready if that is your only form of response. I will post it to ASR as promised above regardless of veracity of the information in there. That will be the proper next step before deciding what needs to be done. Should you choose to take legal action without merit, please be ready for strong defense and counter action.

Sincerely,
Amir Majidimehr

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
8. For your part, you made personal accusations about my knowledge of audio industry, listener preferences, etc. And now making legal threats. Please carefully review your conduct as I too have options for legal action although I have a very thick skin when it comes to such proclamations.

Step aside Snoop, we got a new Dogfather in the house.

EDIT: For those who aren't into 90's Hip Hop, this is a reference to Snoop Doggy Dog, the proclaimed Dogfather.

Last edited:
Top Bottom