• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

Rate this IEM:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 34 10.0%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 294 86.5%

• Total voters

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Must be why the Truthear seem to work better for me, I can push these in more and hold and get better sound.

nawfal07

IMHO hires is overrated. For my ears at least.

Exactly, for your ears. I did say it was for those who have hi-res subscription, using the Apple dongle will be a waste of money for them.

Some people says 128 kbps MP3 sounds excellent, some thought CD quality is good enough, but if that’s their standard I don’t expect them to be here. I just thought most of the members here would want something more.

Again, my comment was for hires subscribers who I thought would be the majority here, I was wrong.

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Exactly, for your ears. I did say it was for those who have hi-res subscription, using the Apple dongle will be a waste of money for them.

Some people says 128 kbps MP3 sounds excellent, some thought CD quality is good enough, but if that’s their standard I don’t expect them to be here. I just thought most of the members here would want something more.

Again, my comment was for hires subscribers who I thought would be the majority here, I was wrong.
I’m with you, I pay for it so definitely want the capability no matter what anyone says.

AudioKC

I have hi res subscription and bunch of dacs capable of chewing any format you can imagine.

Couple focal headphones and DCA headphones, amps, dacs etc

I had plenty session and time spent to compare 44.1/16 bit to any flavor of hires

My conclusion with all combinations of devices and headphones that I have: I don’t hear anything, it’s basically the same for regular CD quality and hires stuff.

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Does anyone have trouble getting enough volume out of the Zero 2 with an Apple USB-C dongle? Should be louder than the original Zero by the looks of it.

index.php

carpman

Perhaps I'm missing something, but at the low end of "Hi-Res", say 48kHz stereo. That's 2 x channels sampled at 24kHz. So even for a golden-eared young child, that's likely 4kHz of material they physically cannot hear. Is there something beyond the traditional human senses that Hi-Res audio subscriptions offer?

C.

SteveL

Perhaps I'm missing something, but at the low end of "Hi-Res", say 48kHz stereo. That's 2 x channels sampled at 24kHz. So even for a golden-eared young child, that's likely 4kHz of material they physically cannot hear. Is there something beyond the traditional human senses that Hi-Res audio subscriptions offer?

C.
The same thing that cables costing thousands of bucks offer.

AudioKC

C.

Some says that attuniation of dac filter makes the difference. I have nothing to say about this except that I don’t hear the difference.

minclistr

carpman

Tried all the stock tips and dozens of other silicone ones ...
I don't know if I have weird ears, but every silicone tip I tried never sealed and IEMs had little to no bass. I finally went with foam tips (Sonicfoam SF1s) and then the IEM world started to make more sense. I was one of the "don't like, don't need, bought the Zero" crowd. Glad I did, so thanks to @amirm for the review. Got the 7Hz Zero (original), then the Zero 2. I like both but prefer the Zero 2s for general listening (seems more rounded to my ears).

C.

carpman

Well, sure. Dog whistle recordings come to mind.
And TS Eliot plays :) ...
JULIA : He was very clever at repairing clocks; And he had a remarkable sense of hearing -- The only man I ever met who could hear the cry of bats.
PETER : Hear the cry of bats?
JULIA : He could hear the cry of bats.
CELIA : But how do you know he could hear the cry of bats?
JULIA : Because he said so. And I believed him.
Of course this doesn't really come across so well at 44,100 Hz.

C.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Finally got my 1st pair of this Zero 2 owning already 2 pairs of the original 7Hz Zero.

The cable is very flimsy. The chassis fit and finish (mine is the transparent version) is excellent.

I am still tip rolling but I think I found a good one.

The 2s are sounding bassier and darker as designed, but with an unexpected touch more sibilance. Not sure if I prefer it to the original though. We will see.

nawfal07

Lol.

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The 7hz zero 2 has standard sized nozzles, the Truthear zero has a larger nozzle.
I sold my Truthear Zero as it was uncomfortable due to the nozzle but i can wear the 7hz Zero 2 for hours with no issues
Must be why the Truthear seem to work better for me, I can push these in more and hold and get better sound.
On the other hand, I've read reports of the Salnotes Zero 2 inserting narrower and falling out more easily.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
On the other hand, I've read reports of the Salnotes Zero 2 inserting narrower and falling out more easily.

You are talking about nozzle /length depth as moulded into the iem shell?, yes they are different as the zero 2 is a shallower fit in the ear canal but it is easy to get a good fit with the right buds of your preference, whether or not the shallower insertion depth leads to a different individual frequency response due to the length/shape of your ear canals I don’t know?.

Top Bottom