• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

Rate this IEM:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 34 10.0%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 294 86.5%

• Total voters

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah maybe. I will get another one to see if that makes a difference. And yes, I do have other IEMs.
Yeah, if you've not experienced these strange problems with other IEM's then likely a defective unit. Although you'd kind of think only one of the channels would be affected rather than both....

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I’ve decided on this Zero:2 to be my first ever IEM, now on its way for $17.95. This is for when I’m at work.

I’m using a slightly older iPhone with a lightning port, so I’ve also been looking for a lightning to 3.5 mm adapter. I know the Apple dongle measured really good but it’s limited to 48 kHz (and probably resamples everythng to that).

I found Jcally JM60L with ES9038Q2M chip (interestingly the same chip in my Eversolo DMP-A6), anyone here using it? What do you guys think of it?

Thanks in advance.
(My apple dongle does 44kHz too though).

nawfal07

@nawfal07 should be good. A shame there are so few measurements of dongles out there, only a few very best are measured here by Amir but the are tons being released every month in the market.

Thanks! On its way now. :)

(My apple dongle does 44kHz too though).

That’s good to hear, I might still get the Apple dongle anyway.

Cheers.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I put on these earphones and turned on Earful and tried to see if I can figure out what is going on by going through the audible range and see if something stands out.

No success.

Then I tried various EQ settings from Autoeq.app, changing targets, importing to the EQ app, checking if it works. The one the came closest to acceptable was the Flat response with -7dB at 2000Hz, which made no sense.

So, as a last resort, I decided to EQ it not worrying about whether the EQ settings makes sense or not until it resembles something listenable for me.

This is what I ended up with:

This is ridiculous and makes no sense. But with these settings, it sounds OK to me.

What is going on - any clues?
You sure taught that ear gain hump a lesson it wont forget ;-)

graph.png

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You sure taught that ear gain hump a lesson it wont forget ;-)

View attachment 337189
Thanks for that. Visualizing the outcome convinces me even more something is off here between my ear and this IEM. This makes no sense.

For the record, this is what comes out if I put the EQ settings I am happy with for Moondrop LAN on squiq.link. I promise I am human :)

1703595578447.png

ObjectiveSubjectivist

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Basically for a price of a nice two Baltic porters I ordered them.
Will see how they compare against Truthear Nova

TurtlePaul

I received these yesterday for Christmas. Bass is a little strong and it could use a little more 5khz, but these sound very good.

From a fit standpoint, I had previously used only Shure IEMs (SE 215, SCL 3 and e2c). These go much less deep in my ear canal which at first I thought would result in them falling out (they haven't). For most IEMs including these I need to use the big tips. Unlike the various Shures, I can wear these while I lay my head back on a pillow without them jabbing i to my ear. I am very pleased with the comfort but it is a big reduction in noise isolation - I use Sony active noise canceling headphones for planes.

Last edited:

Sebby

Just placed the order, it came out to $47.62 with VAT and shipping to my country (Hungary/EU), from Amazon.com. From Amazon.de it had cost even more. Est. Delivery is jan.17.

If someome knows a better place to order from, pls let me know :)
Ordered from Amazon.it for €26.
It arrives on Friday...

olieb

Just placed the order, it came out to $47.62 with VAT and shipping to my country (Hungary/EU), from Amazon.com. From Amazon.de it had cost even more. Est. Delivery is jan.17.

If someome knows a better place to order from, pls let me know :)
I bought from Linsoul. 25$, free shipping (to my country and Hungary too) and you might get a x-mas discount.

SteveL

I received these yesterday for Christmas. Bass is a little strong and it could use a little more 5khz, but these sound very good.

From a fit standpoint, I had previously used only Shure IEMs (SE 215, SCL 3 and e2c). These go much less deep in my ear canal which at first I thought would result in them falling out (they haven't). For most IEMs including these I need to use the big tips. Unlike the various Shures, I can wear these while I lay my head back on a pillow without them jabbing i to my ear. I am very pleased with the comfort but it is a big reduction in noise isolation - I use Sony active noise canceling headphones for planes.
A shallow insertion lEM (OG Salnotes Zero) has been a novelty for me after years of using an Ety HF5. Under normal domestic listening conditions the tradeoff of comfort for mediocre isolation is well worth it, but I still have the Ety for things like airplane use.

mc.god

About to place an order on a pair. Any suggestions for a replacement cable with a microphone?
Order the original 7hz Zero too in mic 3.5 cable version, yuo'll get another fantastic sounding iem and yuo can swap the cable as you wish.

Cote Dazur

Received mine under the three yesterday, opened the box today. This is my third IEM. First was the Blue Truthear zero, second was the Hola.
First and foremost, this new addition to my growing collection, is typical (to me) for IEM, great sound, details, dynamic, extended and neutral frequency response, it is all there. How can those small, not expensive, things play so much music, is still, after more than a year playing with IEM, bewildering to me.
As always, for me, with IEM, i still have to find the sweet spot for those to exploit their true potential, but it will come with a little patience.

The fit feels ok and the cable, while a little noisier than my 2 Truthear IEM cables, are ok.
The Zero blue, is still my favourite, for sheer musical pleasure, but the gap is not huge and if someone says he prefers the zero2 over the Truthear, I can easily understand.

When comparing with the Hola, it is even closer. I like the Hola better, but if one says I might change my order of preference in the future, I will not argue, it is very possible. About the Hola, is it discontinued? I wanted to order pair for someone but it seems not to be available anymore.

Glad I asked this IEM to Santa, I can foresee some great musical moments ahead. Thank you @amirm for the review and the recommendation.

mc.god

About the Hola, is it discontinued? I wanted to order pair for someone but it seems not to be available anymore.
I heard so, and it is indeed unavailable anywhere, a big shame.
Official Truthear site still show it but it doesn't appear updated, still not showing the flagship Nova.

mc.god

Mookalafalas

I am stunned at how good everything sounds. I spent a couple of hours just randomly jumping from genre to genre, disk to disk. I have Senn 6XX and Hifiman Sundara and decent DACs, so hardly the dark ages. I feel like I just bought the new Dan Clark's...but for $25:D

Received mine under the three yesterday, opened the box today. This is my third IEM. First was the Blue Truthear zero, second was the Hola.
First and foremost, this new addition to my growing collection, is typical (to me) for IEM, great sound, details, dynamic, extended and neutral frequency response, it is all there. How can those small, not expensive, things play so much music, is still, after more than a year playing with IEM, bewildering to me.
As always, for me, with IEM, i still have to find the sweet spot for those to exploit their true potential, but it will come with a little patience.

The fit feels ok and the cable, while a little noisier than my 2 Truthear IEM cables, are ok.
The Zero blue, is still my favourite, for sheer musical pleasure, but the gap is not huge and if someone says he prefers the zero2 over the Truthear, I can easily understand.

When comparing with the Hola, it is even closer. I like the Hola better, but if one says I might change my order of preference in the future, I will not argue, it is very possible. About the Hola, is it discontinued? I wanted to order pair for someone but it seems not to be available anymore.

Glad I asked this IEM to Santa, I can foresee some great musical moments ahead. Thank you @amirm for the review and the recommendation.

I was looking at Hola to get as gift for a female acquaintance just recently (I'd much rather go with Zero 2's, but their design just feels... not up to par for the task to me). It seems like there are still some units left which are available from "Truthear Official Store" on AliExpress. It is stated that there's just 6 units left, so you better hurry.

Top Bottom