• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps 2ch Integrated Amplifier

DMill

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Probably that the people working in stereo shops are not usually looking out for my best interests, nor are they particularly knowledgeable in many cases. There are a few rare exceptions.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Great to see prices! Any updated information or pictures on the integrateds??
Not yet. We have been a little sidetracked getting the 3ch NCx ready and done and the Holidays have been a little hectic with orders.

Wisehybred

didn’t see anyone mention volume control. I for one, am not concerned with prices as much as I am with performance of an integrated amplifier. I love Buckeye and curious about of the parts that make the attenuation. Implementation of an analog VC would be awesome. Maybe a upgrade option?

samysound

Here are the PRELIM MSRP price targets for each 2ch Integrated models.
These prices do not include the price of the future upgrade board (to add additional features like HDMI input and possibly Dirac EQ). However, I will not be charging a profit on the upgrade board when it does come out, so it will be sold at cost and will be made so the user can install themselves (or send back to me for install for a small fee).

Please keep in mind these prices can change (up or down) as we get closer to actual production (hoping for Q1 2024):

2ch Hypex NC252MP = MSRP ~ $1095
2ch Hypex NC502MP = MSRP ~ $1195

2ch Hypex NCx500 = MSRP ~ $1450

2ch Purifi 1ET400A = MSRP ~ $1450
Hi, Any idea when the HDMI and Dirac modules will be confirmed and available for sale? I would need to wait to purchase till both are available

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Hi, Any idea when the HDMI and Dirac modules will be confirmed and available for sale? I would need to wait to purchase till both are available
No eta on that yet. Still working on final details for the upgrade board as we finalize the base design of the integrated

Dreamslayer

What Fully digital integrated amplifiers with sub out are currently on the market?

Sabaj A30a, SMSL vmv a2, Lygndorf, anything else worth to mention?
NAD/Bluesound has a bunch
WiiM Amp brings legit 2.1 to the $299 price point

NAD/Bluesound has a bunch
WiiM Amp brings legit 2.1 to the $299 price point
The Cambridge audio amps like AXA/CXA have 2.1 implementations, I believe there are many more 2.1

The Buckeye integrated would be the first 2.2 amp !!! with L/R sub-outs, I hope it will support speaker configurations 2.0, 2.1, and 2.2 with a cross-over setting.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
do we have pics diagram back shots of this amp? specs? inputs?

snapsc

One question I have for the new integrated...and possibly for the two channel amplifiers: From a sonics standpoint, would an option to add more capacitance be worthwhile?

Dreamslayer

The Cambridge audio amps like AXA/CXA have 2.1 implementations, I believe there are many more 2.1

The Buckeye integrated would be the first 2.2 amp !!! with L/R sub-outs, I hope it will support speaker configurations 2.0, 2.1, and 2.2 with a cross-over setting.
The CA amps don't even have sub outputs on the 25/35 models, the 85/100 receivers have sub outs but none of these have bass management / HPF. You can get an unmanaged sub pre-out on plenty of cheap class D amps - I don't see it as a special feature.

Plenty will disagree with me but I won't give anything a look without at least a basic crossover function.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
One question I have for the new integrated...and possibly for the two channel amplifiers: From a sonics standpoint, would an option to add more capacitance be worthwhile?
Based on measurements and usage, no. The only exception is for the Mono 7040SA amps if running them full range under 30-40Hz

ViperDom

Plenty will disagree with me but I won't give anything a look without at least a basic crossover function.

Would be interesting to Poll this. My guess would be ~25% wanting a crossover, and perhaps a similar amount also wanting delay control & EQ.
There are people with & without subwoofers and some people like to get into optimizing the setup/integration while others don't have the need or haven't seen the light.

At this point for those with 2.X setups that like to dial in setup i think BuckeyeAMP + MiniDSP is still the go-too.
Another option with less adjustability is the Outlaw Audio Stereo Receiver with its unique user selectable analog crossover.
(It is also comparable in price)

Top Bottom