• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Neumann MA 1 - Automatic Monitor Alignment

Berlin

It works perfectly on my MacBook Air running Sonoma 14.1 Beta (23B5056e) connected wirelessly with the network. At start the KH750 and both KH150s received a firmware upgrade without any issues. Switching between different alignments is working as well.

danbei

I wonder if my Volt 476p audio interface will work with this. It has 2 main outs and 4 line outs. I need 5 for my setup. Can main and line outs both be used or do I need one with more line outs?
According to the specs, the Monitor outputs are the same of the Line outputs, so you will be able to do that. The main caveats is that the volume knob seems to only control the Monitor outputs.

Filio45

Is there any chance that Neumann might update MA-1 in the near future to allow auto standby of less than 90 mins with the KH150/120II (and other models)?

For comparison, most other brands of monitors that have an auto-standby option, set it at 15 to 30 minutes minimum IME.

Last edited:

Berlin

Is there any chance that Neumann might update MA-1 in the near future to allow auto standby of less than 90 mins with the KH150/120II (and other models)?

For comparison, most other brands of monitors that have an auto-standby option, set it at 15 to 30 minutes IME.
According to the manual (pubL. 05/23, 592856/a02, page 18) you can already change the standby settings. Maybe this feature is just difficult to find in the software... ;)

..."In network mode, use the MA 1 – Automatic Monitor Alignment software to set the standby threshold to 30 dB and the standby time to any value .
The speaker should enter standby mode after the time you set ."...

Ron78

Hello, is it possible to measure the KH-750DSP individually without speakers, quasi 0.1?

According to the manual (pubL. 05/23, 592856/a02, page 18) you can already change the standby settings. Maybe this feature is just difficult to find in the software... ;)

..."In network mode, use the MA 1 – Automatic Monitor Alignment software to set the standby threshold to 30 dB and the standby time to any value .
The speaker should enter standby mode after the time you set ."...
I asked about this. It’s not currently in the MA 1 software, so it’s probably coming in an update.

snackiac

No crashes here yet on an M1 MacBook running Sonoma.

Unfortunate for me the multichannel config option doesn't include a 3.1 option, just quad. I use Neumanns as my LCR.

Berlin

It just feels more polished
It probably already went though more improvement cycles but it does not lead to better results imho. I like to connect wirelessly to my Neumann system in order to change the alignment. I think that this is not possible with GLM.

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So how would a 4.1 setup work? I only see 4 and 5.1 options.
If you mean by 4.1 4 main channels and 1 LFE channel, this is not supported.
If you mean 4 audiochannels (front LR and surround LR) distributed to 4 main speakers and 1 sub, this should be supported as "quad". Not 100% sure, but that's how i understand it.

If you mean by 4.1 4 main channels and 1 LFE channel, this is not supported.
If you mean 4 audiochannels (front LR and surround LR) distributed to 4 main speakers and 1 sub, this should be supported as "quad". Not 100% sure, but that's how i understand it.
Yeah, it's front LR and surround LR and a sub. Though it seems like in that configuration only the front would use the subwoofer? Since it would be 4 audio channels, only two of them would go through the sub. So in order to get subwoofer support on all speakers I would have to get a center? Or I could get a second sub for the surrounds. I could try for myself but they're just teasing us with this multichannel update but no licenses yet.

tanr

Noob question regarding MA 1 and the KH 750 DSP subwoofer. I expected to find the answer in the user guide (v1.7 from download) or on these forums, but after 2 hours of searching I'm giving up and posting.

After measuring and saving the alignment to the KH750 with the MA 1 software (on Windows machine) one needs to run the 750 with Control Mode "Network" to use the saved alignment.
My questions: Can the KH750 run this way (using the alignment) without it connected over the network to your computer? Or does it require the network connection? If so, does it require that the MA 1 software to always be running on the computer it's connected to?

I ask because I can't have the KH750 connected to my main computer over the network. I can connect a laptop to it to set things up, but wouldn't want to leave a laptop connected just to make the sub work. The KH750 would be connected to non-Neumann speakers (Kali IN-8v2 monitors), so no other networked speakers involved.

Thanks.

Noob question regarding MA 1 and the KH 750 DSP subwoofer. I expected to find the answer in the user guide (v1.7 from download) or on these forums, but after 2 hours of searching I'm giving up and posting.

After measuring and saving the alignment to the KH750 with the MA 1 software (on Windows machine) one needs to run the 750 with Control Mode "Network" to use the saved alignment.
My questions: Can the KH750 run this way (using the alignment) without it connected over the network to your computer? Or does it require the network connection? If so, does it require that the MA 1 software to always be running on the computer it's connected to?

I ask because I can't have the KH750 connected to my main computer over the network. I can connect a laptop to it to set things up, but wouldn't want to leave a laptop connected just to make the sub work. The KH750 would be connected to non-Neumann speakers (Kali IN-8v2 monitors), so no other networked speakers involved.

Thanks.
Yes, it works without being connected to the network. The MA 1 software doesn't need to be running either. It's all saved directly on the KH750.

Top Bottom